IGNORED

Millwall v Bristol City Match Day 45

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I get the subs.  Pisano for the injured hunt -   Palmer for Walsh - ummm attacking midfielder for a defensive one when 1 down in a must win game -  Taylor for Pisano - umm a striker for a defender allowing us to go to 3 -4-1-2 , same reason as above  -   

Where you watching the same game as me? Walsh spent the first half pinging balls about, moving it around and orchestrating and gets taken off when Pack spent most of the game (and the previous 4) giving the ball away.

Pisano perhaps unfortunate, but I’d have kept him in a back 3 with Kalas and Kelly and taken off Pack, moving Webster into midfield.

Still a lucky 3 points, at least we are the beneficiaries of a win with a poor performance for a change

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Keep thinking about that bloody Wigan goal the other week!

It’s not just Wigan though - it’s our home form all season. Ipswich, Reading, Wigan etc. The difference between 7/8th and probably 3/4th 

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Wait for Derby to be smashed heavily tomorrow and Sunday, Boro lose a tight one against Rotherham and we are in a play offs with a draw v Hull

and we STILL have to win at Hull.

Still a very unlikely series of results, if you ask me. But well done to all for taking it the distance.

agree a win despite rather than because of the performance - but so often in the last few weeks its been the other way around. Great 1st goal from Pato and Famara deserved his. So close to being down and out with the award of a very very soft penalty with attacker having lost control of the ball and diving over Max. Come on Swansea. Thought subs made sense Walsh and Pack playing the same role so made sense to bring on Palmer, while Pisano sacrificed for the extra striker which equally made sense. By no means a great performance but an excellent result which at this stage is about all that matters.

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Reading the earlier comments. I just wonder how much negativity you could have in one place?

Isn't that the nature of the beast though. We were losing, playing poorly and with all hope slipping away. Would you expect a party atmosphere. Just people getting frustrated and sounding off. It's a good release from tension.

1 minute ago, TomF said:

It’s not just Wigan though - it’s our home form all season. Ipswich, Reading, Wigan etc. The difference between 7/8th and probably 3/4th 

Nailed it. Having said that, the one that I look back on is the disallowed ‘goal’ at Derby. Of course cannot be sure everything else would have stayed the same, but just highlights the thin lines in this league.

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

True, but if only LJ had not started the Wigan & Reading games with such cautious line-ups we could easily be on 73 points and virtually assured of 6th now...

And this is way I have a love hate relationship with the city,they pull me down to the depths of despair only to be taken back up to delights on top . So on to the next match , and they will be allways be my team . C t I d .

Been out and about all evening with no radio coverage and limited updates...

Thought, 'I'll get home and read the match thread...'

14 pages of the most OTIB-only content. If I had stopped reading at 45 minutes, you couldn't have blamed me.

Turns out, not everything in the world is as shit as some want you to think.

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I predicted a few weeks back....boro will nick it. Derby wont beat swans or WBA (2 draws) and boro will beat rotherham 1 nil. We will draw against hull....

Great to be still in it though. Missed opportunities but a good season and guaranteed 8th

9th! Swansea could still reach 69 points.

Regards,

A. Pedant

3 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I keep thinking about the shit standard of refereeing we have suffered from, over the last half a dozen games.

Well you never know, it may balance itself out over the next week or so?

Derby & Middlesbrough suffer the same fate and poor decisions by refs and we get Lady Luck against Hull and we sneak into the play offs!

win the two legged semi with a dodgy pen and then in the final we beat Villa following a penalty shoot out

Well, you never know!

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Been out and about all evening with no radio coverage and limited updates...

Thought, 'I'll get home and read the match thread...'

14 pages of the most OTIB-only content. If I had stopped reading at 45 minutes, you couldn't have blamed me.

Turns out, not everything in the world is as shit as some want you to think.

Usual story - people making their mind up about the result before the result, judging the entire season on an hour of football at Millwall, then curiously disappearing into the ether.

Archived