IGNORED

Millwall v Bristol City Match Day 45

Septic Peg

I think the formation we ended up with, there is not one fan that predicted it, but it ended up really well!

I would hope that LJ was confident it would work, even more so I would hope that it was more than a punt!

we still started what could be our most important match of the season without any support for our loan striker and got found out! 

Please please LJ stop putting the fans through this torture, your selection has totally stuffed our form! You love the city, we love the city - FFS give the city more of a chance, we have brilliant skill and performance - had that commitment been better used we would not be outside of the playoffs!

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I keep thinking about the shit standard of refereeing we have suffered from, over the last half a dozen games.

This season sticks out for being a season where we have suffered horrundous refereeing decisions. That has what has cost us a play off spot.

The teams that do get promoted are the ones who don't get all these bad decisions and are also lucky with injuries. 

I'm certain had we had this luck with injuries and refs then we would be up there challenging for the top 2. 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Been out and about all evening with no radio coverage and limited updates...

Thought, 'I'll get home and read the match thread...'

14 pages of the most OTIB-only content. If I had stopped reading at 45 minutes, you couldn't have blamed me.

Turns out, not everything in the world is as shit as some want you to think.

Well the result was everything of course, but the team selection and the performance were really poor. Pack was awful, gifting away possession, hardly hit a single accurate forward pass all night. Weimann was crap, yes ran a lot, but no end product. Eliasson left on the bench, no cutting edge in first half aside from a couple of decent bits of play by Pato. 

Palmer comes on and plays well, looks a class above with his touch and control at times, just need Weimann or Pack off for Eliasson/Taylor/Eisa and LJ takes off Pisano (who had played ok after coming on for injured Hunt), City all over the place. Millwall pressing get lucky penalty which Max saves. 

Brilliant FK from Pato for 1-1, Palmer and Pato combine to setup Fammy for 1-2, Palmer plays Weimann in for 3rd but he wastes chance.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

This season sticks out for being a season where we have suffered horrundous refereeing decisions. That has what has cost us a play off spot.

The teams that do get promoted are the ones who don't get all these bad decisions and are also lucky with injuries. 

I'm certain had we had this luck with injuries and refs then we would be up there challenging for the top 2. 

The EFL need to implement VAR in the Championship in order level the playing field. Otherwise it'll be more of the same injustices.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh?! You’ve contradicted yourself. Check out your post on this thread  - number #583 .... regards, The Real Pedant ....

Ha, nice try but I was quoting our current position in the table - even if we do finish 9th, I think my point about table progression still holds up!

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Ha, nice try but I was quoting our current position in the table - even if we do finish 9th, I think my point about table progression still holds up!

It does! But you were quoting a list of season finishes - I take my position as ‘the pedant’ very seriously, just thought you were invading my turf ????

Great result in the end but I still feel it's too little too late, this was the fight back we needed against Derby. Swansea need to keep Derby to a draw and then West Brom beat Derby too and Rotherham, who are already relegated, need to get at least a point against Middlesbrough. Even if those results go our way we can get nothing less than a win Hull on the last game of the season, that's a hell of a lot of luck to get all of those results to go that way.

That was City pretty much summed up in one game.

Lots of neat football, no end product, concede to a rare attack, great support, looks like a needless penalty will lead to going two down, then out of somewhere a goal and then another.

Don’t you just love being a City fan!?

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Great result in the end but I still feel it's too little too late, this was the fight back we needed against Derby. Swansea need to keep Derby to a draw and then West Brom beat Derby too and Rotherham, who are already relegated, need to get at least a point against Middlesbrough. Even if those results go our way we can get nothing less than a win Hull on the last game of the season, that's a hell of a lot of luck to get all of those results to go that way.

Stranger things have happened on the last day, the teams in front have it all to lose

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Well done City . 

We have a team who are more important than the individuals .

No superstars but honest lads who give there all week in , week out .

Pato , phenomenal free kick .

Max , pen save .

:clap:

A Millwall fan ( older gentleman) asked me before the match who our famous players were, nope we havent got any was my reply. Well any we might have heard of, nope i dont think so. So any star players, ones to watch in particular? Err, not really.

Yup, nicely under the radar

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Really?!?

If I travelled to Barcelona to watch City in the Champions League semi-final, but didn’t have a ticket, I would be finding a pub with a telly not heading off to watch Alicante v Benidorm!

So said the constable. Not huge number but there's a relatively small number of Dutch who might fancy a bit with Millwall he reckoned they were concerned about. 

42 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I predicted a few weeks back....boro will nick it. Derby wont beat swans or WBA (2 draws) and boro will beat rotherham 1 nil. We will draw against hull....

Great to be still in it though. Missed opportunities but a good season and guaranteed 8th

If Swansea win their 2 remaining games and we lose at Hull,, then possibly 9th

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well we’ve had plenty of bad luck . It’s football , you never know 

The win make the leauge still alive. Think Swansea beat Derby tomorrow. The final games will be massive. Football is football and nerves will be in the last day. Think we can be more relaxed, Boro and Derby will be more nervous than us. We won tonight without playing good most of the game. Well done City!!!

52 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Well the result was everything of course, but the team selection and the performance were really poor. Pack was awful, gifting away possession, hardly hit a single accurate forward pass all night. Weimann was crap, yes ran a lot, but no end product. Eliasson left on the bench, no cutting edge in first half aside from a couple of decent bits of play by Pato. 

Palmer comes on and plays well, looks a class above with his touch and control at times, just need Weimann or Pack off for Eliasson/Taylor/Eisa and LJ takes off Pisano (who had played ok after coming on for injured Hunt), City all over the place. Millwall pressing get lucky penalty which Max saves. 

Brilliant FK from Pato for 1-1, Palmer and Pato combine to setup Fammy for 1-2, Palmer plays Weimann in for 3rd but he wastes chance.

How dare you write my match report?

Only thing I'd add was how naive and lightweight we were to fall for Morrison's old trick of the discrete shove in the back and fair play to Taylor for giving them a taste of their own medicine with his own brand of 'rear shunt and stumble' antics that won us the free kick.  Palmer the talented showpony only works if we've others to cover his missing graft and errors (of which we dodged a few breaking bullets again tonight,) but agree he's about the only creative we have now Pack's forever MIA.

Our set-up and formation was as per the last few weeks ( i.e. all over the shop,) so welcome result but thinking of next season we'd do well to keep matters in perspective.

Great to see the 'shit' striker get the winner. When will people on here learn that he just keeps on coming back with important goals whilst doing a very difficult job up top.

As for the game, City were terrible for large periods and lucky not to be out of it before Pato's free kick. Pack seems to get worse with every game lately (not sure how that is possible).

Palmer made a big difference although needs to work a lot on getting back in to position.

Now up The Swansea, Albion and Rotherham.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I predicted a few weeks back....boro will nick it. Derby wont beat swans or WBA (2 draws) and boro will beat rotherham 1 nil. We will draw against hull....

Great to be still in it though. Missed opportunities but a good season and guaranteed 8th

Actually were not guaranteed 8th, Swansea could still finish above us.

Archived