IGNORED

Luton and Barnsley

Gillies Downs Leeds

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Hope Barnsley invade the swamp on Saturday in huge numbers !!!

Cauley Woodrow hat trick on Saturday??

No I didn't think so either, but he has looked decent at League 1 level. Knowing our transfer strategy recently, that's just the evidence MA needs to try to sign him up!

2 hours ago, 77 punk said:

incredible luton two on the trot i am trying to think of another team who has gone division 4 to 2 ?

Burton? yeah this happens quite often due to similarity in quality from the top of conference to the top of League One..  also see Yeovil...

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 00:06, Dr Balls said:

Cauley Woodrow hat trick on Saturday??

No I didn't think so either, but he has looked decent at League 1 level. Knowing our transfer strategy recently, that's just the evidence MA needs to try to sign him up!

Joking aside, if we hadn`t had him on loan, he`s just the kind of player we`d be saying on here we should be in for.

17 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

I think wolves did it in the late 80's with Bull and Mutch up front

Yep.

1988 - 1st in division 4 Average attendance 9854 (up 4k on previous season)

1989 1st in division 3 Average attendance 14337

When they were in division 3 in 1986 they averaged 4002.

How times have changed.

Amazing to think that just 10 years ago Luton started the season off in league 2 on -30 points which meant they were relegated pretty much before a ball had even been kicked. 

To regroup and be back in championship in the years that have followed is a great achievement.

I used to really enjoy watching their team in the 80’s some very good players that would eventually win the league cup.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Amazing to think that just 10 years ago Luton started the season off in league 2 on -30 points which meant they were relegated pretty much before a ball had even been kicked. 

To regroup and be back in championship in the years that have followed is a great achievement.

I used to really enjoy watching their team in the 80’s some very good players that would eventually win the league cup.

Mick Harford. Thank you very much.

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Joking aside, if we hadn`t had him on loan, he`s just the kind of player we`d be saying on here we should be in for.

Agree. He always did ok when Johnson used him. He was just surplus last season, not sure why we signed him. Good player though and will probably do well next season in the championship. 

5 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Also finally look set to get a new stadium. Very exciting times for them. 

I think both in their own way will be interesting or at least reasonably competitive additions to the Championship.

Luton- tough away game, seem to have momentum behind them, big jump though it is.Seem to play good football

Barnsley- Did alright for one season last time they were here, but in that time completely ****** it by selling Bree, Hourihane and Winnall January 2017- unnecessarily in financial terms, certainly FFP terms- when they were on the edge of the playoffs. Scowen and Watkins (ha- I know but he was good for them!) then left in the summer of 2017 on frees and I think Roberts went to Birmingham too- therefore the die was cast as they already had sold Mawson Summer 2016. A move along with the Stones money which meant they didn't need to sell those in January especially!

They look to have quite a young side and an attacking way of playing- Oakwell not exactly an easy away day so if they keep squad together etc they should surprise a few in one off games and on paper could have a useful season.

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep.

How times have changed.

Good stats! I used to dread playing wolves back then Bully always did well against us.....and in the mid 90s they signed David Kelly! Yikes!

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep.

How times have changed.

Football in the 1980s especially mid 1980s had serious problems with attendance, for varying reasons so it's interesting but...

Archived