IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

Olé

6 minutes ago, Olé said:

Had to go to Cold Blow Lane on the way home and touch the legendary home of Millwall football club in honour of the even more legendary performance of Jamie Paterson. Don't try to play it down, we had one up top against the most organised team in the division and without Pato the whole plan from LJ would have looked an absolute shambles - can't think of many games where one player has had to make up for setup and half the team. Not always been a fan but today was unforgettable.

86EC2A4A-BBCF-4C5A-A3E4-7CF7AAF4E4A8.thumb.jpeg.9b11c9c9342957820e1e1dd9b06c595e.jpeg

But only once or twice a season. Come on Ole, I wasn't there, only listened to Radio Bristol and so I cannot comment with any authority, but aren't you going overboard a bit?

Come on lads and ladies this is what we go to football for - you need to channel it and accentuate it. We were poor and Pato was great and earned us a result. We have just completely mugged Millwall. And the limbs for the winner were bananas. Only our lord and saviour Jamie Paterson has made this possible, everyone else didn't seem sure what to do today. This is the word of Pato, peace be with you.

I thought he had a good game. Simply he followed the game plan. He was busy and a constant threat throughout. 

His free kick was excellent as was his interplay for the 2nd. 

He is carrying an injury and at this level it must be tough. If you aren't at the races you get found out quickly in this division. 

No room for passengers. He must be as frustrated with some of his performances as we are. He is a good player and very valuable for our team. LJ likes and trusts him. 

Well earned break in the summer get his issues fixed and a good preseason, get him back to 100%. 

Stevo

For long periods Pato did look like he alone had permission to go forward. He also did a great free kick that probably not only the keeper is wondering how the hell he did it! 

Great game Pato, but dont leave it so long next time!

Terrific free kick thereafter he really put in a defensive shift, including regaining possession and setting things in motion for our winner.

Never been a fan but the kid was miles our best player Saturday and put in a decent shift late on tonight.

8 hours ago, Olé said:

Had to go to Cold Blow Lane on the way home and touch the legendary home of Millwall football club in honour of the even more legendary performance of Jamie Paterson. Don't try to play it down, we had one up top against the most organised team in the division and without Pato the whole plan from LJ would have looked an absolute shambles - can't think of many games where one player has had to make up for setup and half the team. Not always been a fan but today was unforgettable.

86EC2A4A-BBCF-4C5A-A3E4-7CF7AAF4E4A8.thumb.jpeg.9b11c9c9342957820e1e1dd9b06c595e.jpeg

The most organised team in the division ?

They only just reached safety in this division last weekend.

They were not good and we got done on a sucker punch for the goal .

As they say , you’re having a bit of a mare Olé. 

Pato is frustrating because he can but doesn’t change games often enough.

His goal was fantastic and should be on replay in the footy programmes but won’t because it’s City.

41 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As they say , you’re having a bit of a mare Olé. 

Don't be a non-believer Major. :disapointed2se:

Open your heart and let the lord our saviour Jamie Paterson in.

Rejoice, for City's sixth place play off chances are risen again.

And on the 45th minute the lord said "lads, seriously, why am I the only one trying to win this game for ****s sake".

And it is written that in the 79th minute he did go unto the other end and declare "I may as well ****ing do this myself".

Out of darkness (and a poorly executed one up top formation) came light and the lord blessed us all in the 85th minute.

He turned to his followers (for there were many) and said "right lads if I run through them all, could you at least shoot?"

And his followers saw this and said "verily" (whatever that means) and the lord giveth and Famara smashed past the keeper.

This is the word of our lord Jamie Paterson. Peace be with you Major.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

And on the 45th minute the lord said "lads, seriously, why am I the only one trying to win this game for ****s sake".

And it is written that in the 79th minute he did go unto the other end and declare "I may as well ****ing do this myself".

Out of darkness (and a poorly executed one up top formation) came light and the lord blessed us all in the 85th minute.

He turned to his followers (for there were many) and said "right lads if I run through them all, could you at least shoot?"

And his followers saw this and said "verily" (whatever that means) and the lord giveth and Famara delivered us from evil.

Absolutely @OléI was proud to witness this Second Coming too. Jamie Paterson has been Born Again, very apt so soon after Easter*

*If only Easter had been bloody earlier this year ?

To reply to @Olé ‘s comment that this was “one of the all time great City performances of the modern era” you’ve got to define when the modern era began. For me, it was in the 1960’s when the Mod scene was in full swing. Since then I’ve see a lot of far better performances. Even if the “modern era” is limited to football, it probably starts in the early 2000s when a lot more money started to come into the game. Again, I’ve seen a lot of better performances since then. Perhaps a tad too many Babycham’s after the game by Olè?

9 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Terrific free kick thereafter he really put in a defensive shift, including regaining possession and setting things in motion for our winner.

Never been a fan but the kid was miles our best player Saturday and put in a decent shift late on tonight.

Ooh could you find video evidence of the defensive shift and regaining possession bit? @dave36 has never seen him tackle apparently.?

58 minutes ago, Olé said:

And his followers saw this and said "verily" (whatever that means) and the lord giveth and Famara smashed past the keeper.

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

10 hours ago, old_eastender said:

nah, Pack's taken over that mantle now...

Pack was truly awful last night. And clearly blowing out of his arse in the first half. Wasn't a half a yard off pace more like 10 or 20 yards. 

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

To reply to @Olé ‘s comment that this was “one of the all time great City performances of the modern era” you’ve got to define when the modern era began. For me, it was in the 1960’s when the Mod scene was in full swing. Since then I’ve see a lot of far better performances. Even if the “modern era” is limited to football, it probably starts in the early 2000s when a lot more money started to come into the game. Again, I’ve seen a lot of better performances since then. Perhaps a tad too many Babycham’s after the game by Olè?

I think your probably right with your sentiment, but sadly modern means modern and I’m afraid the 60s 70s and80s were a long time ago now.

Age catches us all in the end 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Hallelujah brother.

Archived