IGNORED

Diedhiou

yardy

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The answer is yes but an answer to the above poster is what do you want?

Two interceptions from a forward in a game is high but this can be self defeating. Players do not have the same recovery times from pressing. Players fatigue differently. The more a player presses obviously the more they fatigue and the less efficient they are. 

Its unfair to compare Famara to Reid who covered large distances and recovered quickly. Diedhiou can't do the same and neither could the rest of the squad.

Do you think it could be part tactical. Diedhiou will occupy the centre back, the ball is played to the full back and he will block the passing lanes cutting down on options then from a medium block City respond to their triggers? 

That’s too clever an observation  for lots of  posters  Cowshed.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think some of the inflation was due to us making lots on Kodjia and them (SCO Angers) not wanting to be done again!!!

against Brum (home - spittlegate ) last season he actually played as the “small” guy alongside Djuric. It showed a different side to his game and whilst Morrison had to battle a much more physical beast in Milan, it meant Fam up against the smaller Harlee Dean and he gave him a difficult night. It was the game we played Bryan at RB and we played quite fluently off of the front two that night. I saw much more of the Angers Diedhiou that night than the one we see this season. 

Better technically that Birmingham home alongside Djuric than he often shows would you say?

I agree with you- quite a lot of big strikers can get pigeonholed. Peter Crouch was the high profile example but looking at us, even think Djuric had more technically than he showed- partially lengthy injuries, partially tactically meant it wasn't seen.

On the pigeonholing point, mix of lazy tactical thinking at times and desperation at others. On further occasions it is of course right but both elements can slip in I think.

His goal v Crystal Palace in the Cup was a snapshot of another side to his game. Big strikers though, very easy to just lump it up- Djuric was more suited to this than Diedhiou but feel he had other strings to his bow as well.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s too clever an observation  for lots of  posters  Cowshed.

Well I could tell people to go down the park sprint twenty metres right, change direction sprint again and repeat for thirty seconds … That is all it takes to fatigue a professional athlete.

Some will recover faster than others. 

Diedhiou jogging about up top out of possession is logical. It is also sensible. He is saving energy for scoring .. And doing that quite well.

Archived