Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Diedhiou


Recommended Posts

Thought i would start a Famara Diedhiou appreciation thread after seeing countless amounts of tweets/posts stating how Famara isn't good enough during tonights game (and many others over the season).

Of course he hasn't got the best touch and he isn't a great finisher but he plays for the team, gives 100% and runs himself into the ground every game. He also shows passion and try's to get the fans going which shows how much it means to him. If the likes of Elliason and Palmer played more minutes Famara would have at least 5 more goals this season.

Keep it up Fammy CTID

  • Like 18
  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, yardy said:

Thought i would start a Famara Diedhiou appreciation thread after seeing countless amounts of tweets/posts stating how Famara isn't good enough during tonights game (and many others over the season).

Of course he hasn't got the best touch and he isn't a great finisher but he plays for the team, gives 100% and runs himself into the ground every game. He also shows passion and try's to get the fans going which shows how much it means to him. If the likes of Elliason and Palmer played more minutes Famara would have at least 5 more goals this season.

Keep it up Fammy CTID

I respect your opinion - but I don’t really agree with it.

We’ve had many, many players who’ve always given 100%, run themselves into the ground and shown lots of passion - but obviously most of them weren’t our record signing.

The things you’ve listed should be the absolute minimum demanded of every single player who dons our shirt - but a £5m+ player should be better than Fammy in my opinion - it’s not his fault, he didn’t decide the fee - but he’s not very intelligent, in a football sense, and his touch, movement and presence (given his size) are all pretty woeful ....

...we could have secured David McGoldrick on a free back in the summer ..... I reckon the season would have panned out differently if we’d secured his services ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sab said:

Sorry he did not run himself into the ground tonight. He was completely static and ineffective. He muffed a great chance in the first half. Obviously all is forgiven tonight but most of the time he is crap

....as is your post!

(IMO)

:innocent06:

 

Edited by Redtucks
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Offload in the summer and get in a proper striker who isn't static and easy to mark.

He was never brought in to be our main 20 goal a season striker FFS. He needs a Bobby Reid or Kodjia type player up along side him.

Definitely space for him in this team next season provided he has the right striker up alongside him. For most of this season he's been expected to be our main man, which is unfair on him considering he's playing with other forwards who aren't exactly great themselves or midfielders who struggle sometimes to put him in.

Eliasson has the most assists in this side with 6, 6!!!! Even bloody Pukki has 10 alongside his 20+ goals. 

He's handled it all pretty well considering the amount of s*** he's getting from people like you. Good on him...

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I respect your opinion - but I don’t really agree with it.

We’ve had many, many players who’ve always given 100%, run themselves into the ground and shown lots of passion - but obviously most of them weren’t our record signing.

The things you’ve listed should be the absolute minimum demanded of every single player who dons our shirt - but a £5m+ player should be better than Fammy in my opinion - it’s not his fault, he didn’t decide the fee - but he’s not very intelligent, in a football sense, and his touch, movement and presence (given his size) are all pretty woeful ....

...we could have secured David McGoldrick on a free back in the summer ..... I reckon the season would have panned out differently if we’d secured his services ...

You don't get much for 5 million these days and no doubt after this season Fammy's value would have risen. I get that people expect more being our record signing but they seem to forget that most of the time he is playing as a lone striker and is very isolated.

I think he is a problem to defend against for every team in the division, he puts up a fight and they know they've been in a game and sometimes he can be a game changer and scored some vital goals for us.

Still more to come from him too, i can see him improving next season.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been very critical of Fam in the past, and really think that when he’s not on it, you just as well play with 10. I’ve seen a real lack of effort in the past and that has shown in some dire performances.

However, since Christmas he’s been pretty much our best player. Shifts put in, battled and a share of goals. Not as many as others, but very unlucky not to get more.

At current championship prices, easily worth what we paid. The only question is whether a £7m/£8m striker would be risk free and get us over the line 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, yardy said:

You don't get much for 5 million these days and no doubt after this season Fammy's value would have risen. I get that people expect more being our record signing but they seem to forget that most of the time he is playing as a lone striker and is very isolated.

I think he is a problem to defend against for every team in the division, he puts up a fight and they know they've been in a game and sometimes he can be a game changer and scored some vital goals for us.

Still more to come from him too, i can see him improving next season.

 

Once again, of course I respect your opinion and I appreciate the debate - but I really don’t think Fammy has been a problem for ‘every team in the division’ - a lot of centre halves in this div won’t think they’ve ‘been in a game’ when facing Fammy - he’s largely static and physically weak and poor in the air when challenged ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Perhaps we are not playing to Fam's strengths.  The problem I have though is that I can't seem to see what his strengths are other than maybe carrying small children along Weston beach.

I watched a lot of him on YouTube when he was playing for Angers in France.  There is no way he’s a back to goal striker, nor a target man.

His game in France was running onto through balls and setting up others, which belies a big 6’2” striker....but that’s what his game was.  Too many people on here see his physique and think he’s target man.

He’s been asked to play an unfamiliar role, that’s not to his strengths.

He had some moments earlier this season when he didn’t look interested (Preston at home from memory).  LJ talked about him and Pato needing to do more.  Interesting that those were the two scorers tonight.  Interesting that they both scored shortly after that pep-talk at Ipswich to start our 15 game unbeaten run.

I thought (As @BS4 on Tour... states), that Fam was static Saturday....I don’t think he always is though.

I wonder if Fam got another little chat after Saturday, and has responded.  Balls do bounce off him, but not always, he has some sublime touches at times.

I think Pato got his rest (from a knee injury which he’d been playing through) over Easter, and played as well as I’ve seen since Xmas on Saturday.

Maybe LJ’s lesson is he needs to keep certain players on their toes more regularly.  But I’ll give him credit for maybe triggering a reaction from Fam tonight.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Scored a lot of important winning goals (today, Forest, QPR, Stoke, Brum, Ipswich). 

Service is quite frankly dreadful for him the majority of the time - and he isn't a natural goalscorer. Playing the tough role of upfront on his own he has done well - not his strength at all. Limited but certainly good enough for where we are right now. And not exactly one of the big issues in the team (Pack or Hunt).

Gets a lot of unfair stick I think - if he was played in a two upfront then I think you see a big difference in his all round play.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His game in France was running onto through balls and setting up others, which belies a big 6’2” striker....but that’s what his game was.

Not seen too much evidence of any running since he's been here though Dave.  Come to that, not much evidence of any jumping either.

I would love him to prove me wrong, but it looks like £5.2m down the drain to me.  What do you think we would get back if we listed him now?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not seen too much evidence of any running since he's been here though Dave.  Come to that, not much evidence of any jumping either.

I would love him to prove me wrong, but it looks like £5.2m down the drain to me.  What do you think we would get back if we listed him now?

£7-8m.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think Assombolonga would have pushed us into the playoffs and maybe even beyond.  I guess he was out of our pricerange though.

Assombolonga has got to be the most overrated striker in the league. Hasn’t lived up to his worth for three seasons now I’d be disappointed if we broke the bank for him we need to be looking overseas again.

 

Che Adams is the only home based player I’d be happy with us splashing out on.

Edited by MurrayLives
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fam is a good championship striker. Does he suit playing in a passing, high possession side like us? Not really. If we were more direct then that would suit him. But passing it in and around the box, little give and goes by Paterson etc into his feet, it's not what Fam is good at.

He does play well for us though, but I feel some managers would get more out of him with a more direct approach like Warnock. 

This is why Fam has so often played much better away from home, in games where we might have less possession. 

I believe we would get good money for Fam. And some managers would absolutely love to sign him for all he brings to the team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...