IGNORED

Pisano

petehinton

I'd much rather Pisano play than Jack Hunt.

Jack Hunt is so poor. Pisano is a better defender and that will do for me because Jack Hunt gets in good positions but is awful going forward

59 minutes ago, Super said:

Upset because it's the footballers humiliation the sub being subbed.

Pisano was replaced to enable more attacking substitutions. Nothing humiliating about it. I’m sure Eros understood the rational - and it worked.

Pisanos reaction is good, shows he cares, wants to play. I think if we had used Pisano and Hunt in reverse it would have been better. Hunt isn’t a bad player but maybe he should have been eased in when it became clear he wasn’t really giving us what we needed.

We should keep both next season but with Pisano starting and Hunt ready to come in. But at Pisanos stage of his career, I wouldn’t be surprised if he left and that means we have to spend more money and on a position we have adequate cover, unlike Packs role in midfield.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pisano was replaced to enable more attacking substitutions. Nothing humiliating about it. I’m sure Eros understood the rational - and it worked.

I’m sure he did in the end which is the most important thing.

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Pisanos reaction is good, shows he cares, wants to play. I think if we had used Pisano and Hunt in reverse it would have been better. Hunt isn’t a bad player but maybe he should have been eased in when it became clear he wasn’t really giving us what we needed.

We should keep both next season but with Pisano starting and Hunt ready to come in. But at Pisanos stage of his career, I wouldn’t be surprised if he left and that means we have to spend more money and on a position we have adequate cover, unlike Packs role in midfield.

I’m sure he did in the end which is the most important thing.

As others have said though, we have Vyner coming back in the summer who has 31 championship appearances this season. if we want a more defensively minded rightback/centreback to play when we need to keep tight then surely he's it? Or Bailey?

Most of this of course is assuming we don't lose one or both of our current centre backs in the summer and have to go back to Baker and Wright in the middle.

4 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

As others have said though, we have Vyner coming back in the summer who has 31 championship appearances this season. if we want a more defensively minded rightback/centreback to play when we need to keep tight then surely he's it? Or Bailey?

Most of this of course is assuming we don't lose one or both of our current centre backs in the summer and have to go back to Baker and Wright in the middle.

Vyner is certainly an option, personally I don’t think he will make it here but happy to be proved wrong.

3 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Vyner is certainly an option, personally I don’t think he will make it here but happy to be proved wrong.

You might be right but with so many players who 'can' play rightback at championship level is it better going forward we give Hunt (28) and Vyner (21) a go rather than offer another contract to Pisano who is 32 and according to other people (i'm making no judgement myself) not championship standard. Both Hunt and Vyner have played double the games Eros has this season too.

8 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

If Kalas goes elsewhere in summer he maybe an option in a back three alongside Kelly & Webster. 

1 minute ago, Sydneybcfc said:

You might be right but with so many players who 'can' play rightback at championship level is it better going forward we give Hunt (28) and Vyner (21) a go rather than offer another contract to Pisano who is 32 and according to other people (i'm making no judgement myself) not championship standard. Both Hunt and Vyner have played double the games Eros has this season too.

I would actually be happier with Vyner and Pisano as the options and to sell Hunt but that’s probably unlikely. 

Archived