IGNORED

Excellent support at Milwall

Chairman Mao

Excellent throughout. Great variety, the usual songs with great gusto, some 'ahem' different ones (incest and paedos, I couldn't stop laughing), a few Den favourites (chinos from Primark) and capped off with the comical 'arghhhs' after their keeper took goal kicks. 

The fans certainly stayed after the final whistle tonight!

Agree but it also helped that Millwall were safe. Their turn out was poor, empty seats everywhere and a few thousand at least down on when we played them last season with something on it, when they got their singing going all the way round the ground.

Yesterday the nutters in the Dockers stand to our left had a little nibble, with their usual songs, but there were so few of them by their standards, that they were quickly drowned out by City every time they opened their mouths. Most skulked off early too.

6 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Excellent throughout. Great variety, the usual songs with great gusto, some 'ahem' different ones (incest and paedos, I couldn't stop laughing), a few Den favourites (chinos from Primark) and capped off with the comical 'arghhhs' after their keeper took goal kicks. 

The fans certainly stayed after the final whistle tonight!

Yup, great singing and when they did silence us it was only briefly before we regrouped and sang louder.

I’m still not convinced by the Eastend Rising song or whatever it is and it was ‘Trackies from Mat-ah-lan’ from where I was stood.

4 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Good effort last night everyone, very loud and hardly anyone left before the final whistle . ?

made my duty very easy, although a little cold ??

Lots of your fellow officers deployed at the end of the game to control some children to our left.

4 hours ago, Olé said:

Agree but it also helped that Millwall were safe. Their turn out was poor, empty seats everywhere and a few thousand at least down on when we played them last season with something on it, when they got their singing going all the way round the ground.

Yesterday the nutters in the Dockers stand to our left had a little nibble, with their usual songs, but there were so few of them by their standards, that they were quickly drowned out by City every time they opened their mouths. Most skulked off early too.

Anyone else see the random Millwall fans trying to fight the stewards at the end?

4 minutes ago, LondonBCFC said:

Anyone else see the random Millwall fans trying to fight the stewards at the end?

There was a group of around 20 in the lower tier of the stand on the left trying to look all macho and being held back by 4 stewards. 

Was quite funny more than anything...

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

There was a group of around 20 in the lower tier of the stand on the left trying to look all macho and being held back by 4 stewards. 

Was quite funny more than anything...

Looked ridiculous....not sure what they were trying to achieve..

Screenshot_20190501-110034.png

6 minutes ago, LondonBCFC said:

Yeah, see the link below:

https://streamable.com/fioiw

I’m not sure what they were trying to achieve or if they were trying to breach the stewards and then scale the away end to access the City fans in the upper tier. I’m sure they were just trying to look ‘ard. 

Well that was an excellent evening all told. Great atmosphere, significantly better than us at Millwall last season. Millwall home areas looked pretty sparse...

Anyway yeah, wide range of songs, frequently sung- Block 21 I noticed virtually whole block stood, which always helps with atmosphere.

First away game of season, half-tempted to do it all again on Sunday!

3 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Yesterday there was 900 tickets left from 2200. Do we know how many were sold. Seemed more than 1300

Sky's reporter stated "Over 1,400 visiting fans".

Dunno if "there was thousands locked out" though.

5 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Lots of your fellow officers deployed at the end of the game to control some children to our left.

Apparently it’s tradition for the last home game at Millwall to have a pitch incursion, I think last night broke with that tradition to be fair ?

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Apparently it’s tradition for the last home game at Millwall to have a pitch incursion, I think last night broke with that tradition to be fair ?

It would have looked quite funny though, being outnumbered on the pitch by Police and Stewards.

2 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Yeah, what happened @JulieH?

Bunch of kids from the look of it on the night, stewards did a good job 

millwall didn’t want anyone on the pitch and except for 2 kids I thought the plan worked.

city and Millwall players were able to stay on and thank the support as a result 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

It would have looked quite funny though, being outnumbered on the pitch by Police and Stewards.

Part of me did wonder what they would have done if they would have succeeded !!???

7 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Isn't it just a football tradition in general- don't wish to condone it, illegal, but I'm not saying it's a good tradition or a lawful tradition but not so long ago it was fairly commonplace, certainly outside PL.

In modern times certainly, plus in an altogether different context so I've read and seen TV footage of, late 60's-late 70's.

It is common for some on last day of season, and looking at games from way back it did appear very often then . 

It is something that stewarding and policing plans have to account for particularly if promotion or relegation is at stake . 

10 hours ago, RedM said:

Yup, great singing and when they did silence us it was only briefly before we regrouped and sang louder.

I’m still not convinced by the Eastend Rising song or whatever it is and it was ‘Trackies from Mat-ah-lan’ from where I was stood.

"Trackies from  Matalan" and the Primark one were both used, although I thought it was "T-shirts from Primark"

Archived