IGNORED

Coming from behind

East Londoner

I’ve seen a lot on here since the Derby defeat about a lack of winning mentality, but honestly i can’t remember a season where we’ve won so many points and games coming from behind. 

Last night may have been dire until the penalty save but it showed guts and character which we haven’t always shown down the years. So even if we do miss out it shows we’re not far away and besides we never seem to beat Leeds anyway 

Surely the good teams that get there are rarely behind though.

Yes it is good that we bounce back but surely the main point is we keep having to try and overcome a deficit and no team is getting promoted with a -1 handicap most games: particularly as the handicap tends to commence from 20 to 50 minutes into the game.

2 hours ago, walnutroof said:

I’ve seen a lot on here since the Derby defeat about a lack of winning mentality, but honestly i can’t remember a season where we’ve won so many points and games coming from behind. 

Last night may have been dire until the penalty save but it showed guts and character which we haven’t always shown down the years. So even if we do miss out it shows we’re not far away and besides we never seem to beat Leeds anyway 

Perhaps the courage comes from taking the lead ?

When you’re losing you have no choice but to go for it.

I think we’ve been good this year and are learning how to manage games better there is a more cautious approach where we don’t go ‘ balls out ‘  from the off which often saw us too open at the back and /or running out of steam at 70 minutes.

However there needs to be a balance and I believe we’re getting there.

We are growing up as a Championship club .

Whatever happens tonight and this weekend it has been a generally positive season and leaves me looking forward to the next thrilling installment of the Bristol City saga. 

Well done to all at the club and the Red Army.

:clap:

6 hours ago, Neo said:

Surely the good teams that get there are rarely behind though.

Yes it is good that we bounce back but surely the main point is we keep having to try and overcome a deficit and no team is getting promoted with a -1 handicap most games: particularly as the handicap tends to commence from 20 to 50 minutes into the game.

I haven’t studied the detail of this, so maybe wrong, but I’d think Norwich have come from behind a few times, they’ve certainly conceded a few, and also made a habit of getting late goals this season. 

Granted they have more goals in them than we do and that dictates style. They set out to score more than they let in. We set out not to let any in and score 1!

6 hours ago, walnutroof said:

Experimental361 did some stats early(ish) in 16/17 season when City were doing well, which showed they had spent one of the lowest minutes in the lead that season...and certainly contradicting their position at the time. 

Ive just found one from Nov this season. 6EF234A2-91D4-4B18-80DF-4A014AAB4EBB.thumb.png.50f9a9f494abcbb5a7d650fe4b619f6d.png

Archived