IGNORED

City live on telly on Sunday? (Merged)

They normally only show two games on the final day, I think.

Assuming Derby don't win tonight (:fingerscrossed:) and there's something to play for, then they'll definitely show the Derby game. Hopefully they'll then choose us over Boro, but probably not. 

If, however, Derby win tonight, then everything in the whole of the Championship will already be decided going in to Sunday. In which case, I assume they'll just default to showing the Leeds and Aston Villa games! 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

In my opinion if Derby lose at Swansea on Wednesday night

City Derby and the Boro will be the live games

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it’s a given John, even if Derby only draw. The automatics are decided

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Nah they will concentrate on title! Norwich and Sheff Utd will be live. Plus just the derby game in play off race 

Not a chance of us being one of the main games

The title is still up for grabs so those two games are nailed on for coverage

Then it would work down the order of league standings, so at best we would be 5th choice

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Will the rest of the games not be on the red button? :dunno:

Thought it covered all games not kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday?

Might be wrong on this but surely it'd be treated as if it were a Saturday, all kicking off at same time so no red button.

However they seem to keep changing it so who knows really!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Might be wrong on this but surely it'd be treated as if it were a Saturday, all kicking off at same time so no red button.

However they seem to keep changing it so who knows really!

The only reason that Saturday 3pm games are not shown on the red button is that it's illegal to show live football on the TV between 3-5 on a Saturday so no reason why they couldn't...

But yeah, the whole thing hasn't exactly been transparent! 

I reckon they will show the title deciding games. If not can't see past it being Derby Vs West Brom & Rotherham Vs Boro since we are the rank outsiders now.

Maybe the red button might be a shout although that'll mean watching at home instead of the pub since the lovely people at Sky decided to remove that feature for Landlords.

14 minutes ago, The_Don said:

I reckon they will show the title deciding games. If not can't see past it being Derby Vs West Brom & Rotherham Vs Boro since we are the rank outsiders now.

Maybe the red button might be a shout although that'll mean watching at home instead of the pub since the lovely people at Sky decided to remove that feature for Landlords.

Was it a Sky led decision or more that clubs were unhappy about it?

Red button in pubs aspect I mean.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If Derby do lose then surely a beam back will be put on?

This goes back to the discussion last week about Bristol City getting as many supporters in the ground?

Free coaches fill that away end !

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was it a Sky led decision or more that clubs were unhappy about it?

Red button in pubs aspect I mean.

I thought it was an EFL decision rather than Sky, due to concerns about attendances? Although i may be wrong... 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

This goes back to the discussion last week about Bristol City getting as many supporters in the ground?

Free coaches fill that away end !

Spot on- such an important game too potentially, you would think and hope...

On that note, saw on Matchday thread, that Millwall are subsidising coaches to Wigan Sunday, £5. Nothing riding on it!

Also noticed that Nottingham Forest owner did free coaches to QPR Saturday. Plus refunding anyone who had already got coach to QPR away as 2nd part..Nothing riding on it!

Now he is a colourful character let's say and Millwall is a club with a chequered history let's also say but fair play to them both! Nothing riding on it, don't know Millwall reasoning but it was a thank you to the fans by him basically.

If it comes to it that we're still in it especially, the club really should do this for Sunday. Commission some extra coaches too if possible.

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Haven’t we got three to use? Could we beamback the Hull, Derby & Boro games on separate screens?

We have got three to use, you are correct.. I would say not as we will only need to focus on City and there will be fans who will be on their phones checking every second.

Archived