Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Never to the dark side

City live on telly on Sunday? (Merged)

Not wanting to put any one off going to Hull on Sunday.

In my opinion if Derby lose at Swansea on Wednesday night

City Derby and the Boro will be the live games

There are two Premiership games kicking off at 2pm on sunday

With Huddersfield v Man Utd being the televised game

I think it’s a given John, even if Derby only draw. The automatics are decided, the relegations decided so unless FLDC win tonight, the only action is 6th place.

Against that, it’s Sky. And Leeds have a game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 I reckon. Huddersfield v Man U is on at 2pm. Expect it will be Derby and Boro game.

They normally only show two games on the final day, I think.

Assuming Derby don't win tonight (:fingerscrossed:) and there's something to play for, then they'll definitely show the Derby game. Hopefully they'll then choose us over Boro, but probably not. 

If, however, Derby win tonight, then everything in the whole of the Championship will already be decided going in to Sunday. In which case, I assume they'll just default to showing the Leeds and Aston Villa games! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

In my opinion if Derby lose at Swansea on Wednesday night

City Derby and the Boro will be the live games

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it’s a given John, even if Derby only draw. The automatics are decided

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Nah they will concentrate on title! Norwich and Sheff Utd will be live. Plus just the derby game in play off race 

Not a chance of us being one of the main games

The title is still up for grabs so those two games are nailed on for coverage

Then it would work down the order of league standings, so at best we would be 5th choice

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Will the rest of the games not be on the red button? :dunno:

Thought it covered all games not kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday?

Might be wrong on this but surely it'd be treated as if it were a Saturday, all kicking off at same time so no red button.

However they seem to keep changing it so who knows really!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Might be wrong on this but surely it'd be treated as if it were a Saturday, all kicking off at same time so no red button.

However they seem to keep changing it so who knows really!

The only reason that Saturday 3pm games are not shown on the red button is that it's illegal to show live football on the TV between 3-5 on a Saturday so no reason why they couldn't...

But yeah, the whole thing hasn't exactly been transparent! 

I reckon they will show the title deciding games. If not can't see past it being Derby Vs West Brom & Rotherham Vs Boro since we are the rank outsiders now.

Maybe the red button might be a shout although that'll mean watching at home instead of the pub since the lovely people at Sky decided to remove that feature for Landlords.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The_Don said:

I reckon they will show the title deciding games. If not can't see past it being Derby Vs West Brom & Rotherham Vs Boro since we are the rank outsiders now.

Maybe the red button might be a shout although that'll mean watching at home instead of the pub since the lovely people at Sky decided to remove that feature for Landlords.

Was it a Sky led decision or more that clubs were unhappy about it?

Red button in pubs aspect I mean.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not sure, they just removed it without notifying publicans.

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If Derby do lose then surely a beam back will be put on?

This goes back to the discussion last week about Bristol City getting as many supporters in the ground?

Free coaches fill that away end !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought it was an EFL decision rather than Sky, due to concerns about attendances? Although i may be wrong... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

This goes back to the discussion last week about Bristol City getting as many supporters in the ground?

Free coaches fill that away end !

Spot on- such an important game too potentially, you would think and hope...

On that note, saw on Matchday thread, that Millwall are subsidising coaches to Wigan Sunday, £5. Nothing riding on it!

Also noticed that Nottingham Forest owner did free coaches to QPR Saturday. Plus refunding anyone who had already got coach to QPR away as 2nd part..Nothing riding on it!

Now he is a colourful character let's say and Millwall is a club with a chequered history let's also say but fair play to them both! Nothing riding on it, don't know Millwall reasoning but it was a thank you to the fans by him basically.

If it comes to it that we're still in it especially, the club really should do this for Sunday. Commission some extra coaches too if possible.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I think the red button option is down to the home club. Didn`t we refuse to allow the Brum game to be on and didn`t Boro do the same when we played up there?

If that is the case there`s no way Hull will allow it given their crap attendances.

Edited by Red Right Hand

4 minutes ago, WhenHarryMetAlli said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Any chance of a beamback broadcast to The Gate for those that cannot travel to Hull? Would be good considering we have a beamback to use.

Haven’t we got three to use? Could we beamback the Hull, Derby & Boro games on separate screens?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Haven’t we got three to use? Could we beamback the Hull, Derby & Boro games on separate screens?

We have got three to use, you are correct.. I would say not as we will only need to focus on City and there will be fans who will be on their phones checking every second.

I thought I heard they would show 3, must have dreamt it. Would have been good , all 3 involved on live. 

On 01/05/2019 at 14:49, RedEyez said:

Everyone can watch the game on BCTV with a VPN, it really isn't rocket science 

Out of interest which one do you use? I used to use Tunnel Bear are there any better ones about? 

23 hours ago, winterbournered said:

Out of interest which one do you use? I used to use Tunnel Bear are there any better ones about? 

Yeah, windscribe

• Like 2

On 03/05/2019 at 09:38, winterbournered said:

I use IPVanish. It’snot free but it’s not let me down. 

• Like 1

Does anybody know if the game is on ifollow? as I can get this on my IPTV, or if you can chromecast BCTV? I don't have a computer, just my phone and tv, any technical knowledge would be appreciated!

• Like 1

On 03/05/2019 at 09:38, winterbournered said:

VPN Melon it's free and reliable. Easy to swap servers if required. 

Android only though. 

I have mirrored the screen onto the TV but I find it very stuttery. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Does anybody know if the game is on ifollow? as I can get this on my IPTV, or if you can chromecast BCTV? I don't have a computer, just my phone and tv, any technical knowledge would be appreciated!

It looks like it’s not on ifollow as Hull seem to have their own channel as do we. Whilst you can’t cast BCTV you can always play it on your laptop and connect to your tv with an HDMI cable. If that helps. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It looks like it’s not on ifollow as Hull seem to have their own channel as do we. Whilst you can’t cast BCTV you can always play it on your laptop and connect to your tv with an HDMI cable. If that helps. 

Thankyou for the info, will have to sort it out through BCTV, let's hope it works!

50 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Ooooh. Check out Mr Babbage with his noise.

• Haha 2

Tomorrow is going to be one of those days where we spend more attention one other games. 

Sky sports news has to be within sight 

6 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Sky sports news just said "will it be Derby or Boro who get the last play off place". I know it's unlikely we do it but hardly inconceivable.

Yeah I heard that as well. Not sure why we weren't mentioned. Surely if you're trying to make something sound even more dramatic, which it is, you'd say it's a 3 way race for 6th... But obviously we're not as big as boro or Derby clearly, hence why we didn't get the mention. Strange. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Sky sports news just said "will it be Derby or Boro who get the last play off place". I know it's unlikely we do it but hardly inconceivable.

Skysports "understands"  surely

W ankers

Edited by AppyDAZE

7 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

6 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Skysports "understands"  surely

W ankers

"Sky Sports understands that it will be either Frank Lampard's Derby County or Middlesbrough confirming the final playoff place today" surely?

• Thanks 1