IGNORED

We're all Swansea fans today.

Colombo Robin

Derby need to beat West Brom with Boro playing Rotherham. West Brom can still finish 3rd with a win.

Despite the excitement of the final play off place fixtures, I still expect Sky will go with Villa at home to Norwich and Stoke hosting Sheffield United as their main live broadcasts. 

We'll be on red button. Well, it's the right colour

Just now, windmillhillred said:

Surely nobody would. That doesn't mean we haven't had a brilliant season which surpassed most people's expectations though.

True, but we’re pessimistic buggers I’m sure most would pick mid table every season before a ball is kicked.  Opinions can change.

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Shame to have to have a moan tonight but another balls up from the club. I bet lots of people buoyed by that result would go to book the Hull game. But only they can’t, as the three unsold blocks aren’t on sale. Ridiculous.

I’m sure it will be POTD

Can pretty much guarantee Derby will bottle that now. West Brom can finish 3rd so they have something to play for!

Don’t think they would want to face Villa over two legs. As for Middlesbrough, Rotherham’s home form is surprisingly very good and the return fixture between the two sides was 0-0.

Just now, Up The City! said:

Of course not.

But we blew our chance when it was in our own hands.

But at the start of the season, after selling 3 key players we would have all taken this.

We’d always take just scraping in to the top 10 most seasons, bugger all due to the fact we lost the 3 ‘key players’ (I personally disagree with that bit of the argument).  So next season where do you want to be?

Odds of just over 5/2 for a treble of double chance Hull/Draw, double chance Derby/draw and Boro to win - if anyone wants to balance out the emotional pain. I’ve made a fair amount backing Wednesday and Derby recently so might go all or nothing!

West Brom will go for it. As it stands they will play Villa, if I was them I'd be hoping to finish 3rd and play whoever finishes 6th. Derby will also have to go for it. I can see it being a 4-3 type of game. When Derby went for it tonight they were vulnerable and in truth Swansea could have nicked it. As we know from experience with West Brom. They are very deadly on the counter.

It's the Boro game that worries me more, oh and the fact we have to win.

8 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Shame to have to have a moan tonight but another balls up from the club. I bet lots of people buoyed by that result would go to book the Hull game. But only they can’t, as the three unsold blocks aren’t on sale. Ridiculous.

Why is that our clubs fault?

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

We’d always take just scraping in to the top 10 most seasons, bugger all due to the fact we lost the 3 ‘key players’ (I personally disagree with that bit of the argument).  So next season where do you want to be?

Extacly. 2 were part of a very leaky defense for the past few season and one who I had a feeling had a one off season, although out of the 3 I'd only have Bobby back 

Next season will depend highly on if we can get Kalas and Dasilva and a striker and possibly a midfielder depending if Smith can get back. 

I've got a feeling we'll scrap into 6th. Derby and Middlesbrough both losing 

Boro appear to have the easiest game but like others have said that pressure can do all sorts of things. They know they have to win so go a goal down out the blue and their minds could be all over the place with the form they've been in. 

Derby cannot risk playing for a draw unless Rotherham somehow are smashing Boro and they get to know of it. But even then, its a massive risk letting West Brom have the game and try to soak the pressure up. They won't exactly be relishing having to have the mindset of having to win at West Brom to guarantee it. 

Then it's just the small matter of us doing it. But rest assured if we can go ahead that will filter through to Boro and Derby and the pressure will be massive. 

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

But at the start of the season, after selling 3 key players we would have all taken this.

Yep, I was expecting a gentle cruise to 14th. Safely tucked up in Mid-table by March.

Instead we have amassed our highest points total at this level since 2007/08, guaranteed a highest placed finish since 2007/08, and still have a chance of exceeding the end result of 2007/08...I think that's a success.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

West Brom will go for it. As it stands they will play Villa, if I was them I'd be hoping to finish 3rd and play whoever finishes 6th. Derby will also have to go for it. I can see it being a 4-3 type of game. When Derby went for it tonight they were vulnerable and in truth Swansea could have nicked it. As we know from experience with West Brom. They are very deadly on the counter.

It's the Boro game that worries me more, oh and the fact we have to win.

But there's still hope UTC. Until the 76th minute of last night's match we were nowhere. Now we still have a fighting chance. 

13 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I'm sure they'll be on sale tomorrow and people can buy then. 

Hardly as though people won't be able to go... 

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep, I was expecting a gentle cruise to 14th. Safely tucked up in Mid-table by March.

Instead we have amassed our highest points total at this level since 2007/08, guaranteed a highest placed finish since 2007/08, and still have a chance of exceeding the end result of 2007/08...I think that's a success.

Best away record at this level since 1906. Queen Victoria had only been dead 5 years.

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

Extacly. 2 were part of a very leaky defense for the past few season and one who I had a feeling had a one off season, although out of the 3 I'd only have Bobby back 

I agree in the most but wouldn’t have Bobby back.  He can’t come back to us as it would screw him up mentally and some of the same players would be in the dressing room.  Never go back imo, at least at this level..

An old warhorse returning to their 2nd division old club after a distinguished career higher up the leagues maybe.  Not at this level for me.

Archived