IGNORED

We're all Swansea fans today.

Colombo Robin

Sorry if this has been mentioned in the previous 34 posts, I'm too hungover to read through them to avoid duplicating but Swansea are unbeaten at home in 2019 so buckle yourself in fellow s#!t heads , this one is going to the wire.

Fair play to Derby if they get a result tonight. Swansea have won 8 and drawn 3 of their last 11 league games at home. West Brom will also be playing for a win at Derby in order to avoid Aston Villa in playoffs. I think it's Boro who are potentially in position A. We are all Rotherham fans on Sunday.

16 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned in the previous 34 posts, I'm too hungover to read through them to avoid duplicating but Swansea are unbeaten at home in 2019 so buckle yourself in fellow s#!t heads , this one is going to the wire.

Derby hadn't won away in 2019 till Sat :(

6 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Fair play to Derby if they get a result tonight. Swansea have won 8 and drawn 3 of their last 11 league games at home. West Brom will also be playing for a win at Derby in order to avoid Aston Villa in playoffs. I think it's Boro who are potentially in position A. We are all Rotherham fans on Sunday.

Lets not even think about Sunday until around 21:30 tonight

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Sorry?!

We've done our bit. Whatever happens will happen- all we could do was win last night- now we shall see.

Swansea have a strong home record and especially great in 2019. We're still outsiders of course but don't see why Swansea can't win this one.

My big question mark in this respect is that they still had a playoff chance with 20 mins to go on Saturday albeit a slim one indeed. Now they're out of it- will they be particularly up for it?

Then again with the upheaval there, players maybe looking at their next move, shop window etc- Sky cameras? Could inspire an unusually strong display. Here's hoping! 

Pretty sure we've had promotion confirmed on a night we didn't play as well as the famous last day of the 89/90 season when rumours abounded that the sags were losing at Blackpool whilst we were demolishing Warsaw. Tonight's game - that doesn't involve us - could be huge in our history! 

The way I'm looking at it is that if Swansea don't get a result we finish no lower than 8th which is a very good result given the fact we lost four big players at the start of the season.

Of course, if they do get a result then happy days - we are still in it.

Win/win.

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The way I'm looking at it is that if Swansea don't get a result we finish no lower than 8th which is a very good result given the fact we lost four big players at the start of the season.

Of course, if they do get a result then happy days - we are still in it.

Win/win.

Admirable perspective. Yes, being guaranteed to finish 3 places higher than last season, and with 2 points more, is still a good thing.

Archived