Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Colombo Robin

We're all Swansea fans today.

Can pretty much guarantee Derby will bottle that now. West Brom can finish 3rd so they have something to play for!

Don’t think they would want to face Villa over two legs. As for Middlesbrough, Rotherham’s home form is surprisingly very good and the return fixture between the two sides was 0-0.

• Like 1

Just now, Up The City! said:

Of course not.

But we blew our chance when it was in our own hands.

But at the start of the season, after selling 3 key players we would have all taken this.

We’d always take just scraping in to the top 10 most seasons, bugger all due to the fact we lost the 3 ‘key players’ (I personally disagree with that bit of the argument).  So next season where do you want to be?

Odds of just over 5/2 for a treble of double chance Hull/Draw, double chance Derby/draw and Boro to win - if anyone wants to balance out the emotional pain. I’ve made a fair amount backing Wednesday and Derby recently so might go all or nothing!

West Brom will go for it. As it stands they will play Villa, if I was them I'd be hoping to finish 3rd and play whoever finishes 6th. Derby will also have to go for it. I can see it being a 4-3 type of game. When Derby went for it tonight they were vulnerable and in truth Swansea could have nicked it. As we know from experience with West Brom. They are very deadly on the counter.

It's the Boro game that worries me more, oh and the fact we have to win.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Shame to have to have a moan tonight but another balls up from the club. I bet lots of people buoyed by that result would go to book the Hull game. But only they can’t, as the three unsold blocks aren’t on sale. Ridiculous.

Why is that our clubs fault?

5 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Nope, we blew it, relying on other teams after those wins at Middlesbrough and Sheffield united is a massive balls up

Consider this: every time we play, there are two teams on the pitch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What are the chances? 

We obviously have to win at Hull but if you omit that, WBA to win and Middlesbrough fail to win is about 6/1

If we can win it’s a roll of a dice. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

We’d always take just scraping in to the top 10 most seasons, bugger all due to the fact we lost the 3 ‘key players’ (I personally disagree with that bit of the argument).  So next season where do you want to be?

Extacly. 2 were part of a very leaky defense for the past few season and one who I had a feeling had a one off season, although out of the 3 I'd only have Bobby back 

Next season will depend highly on if we can get Kalas and Dasilva and a striker and possibly a midfielder depending if Smith can get back. 

I've got a feeling we'll scrap into 6th. Derby and Middlesbrough both losing 

Edited by paul_fox

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

We've been written off on Talksport, that will do me!

To radio what Chicken McNuggets are to Michelin-starred quisine. 

• Like 3

Boro appear to have the easiest game but like others have said that pressure can do all sorts of things. They know they have to win so go a goal down out the blue and their minds could be all over the place with the form they've been in. 

Derby cannot risk playing for a draw unless Rotherham somehow are smashing Boro and they get to know of it. But even then, its a massive risk letting West Brom have the game and try to soak the pressure up. They won't exactly be relishing having to have the mindset of having to win at West Brom to guarantee it. 

Then it's just the small matter of us doing it. But rest assured if we can go ahead that will filter through to Boro and Derby and the pressure will be massive. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

But at the start of the season, after selling 3 key players we would have all taken this.

Yep, I was expecting a gentle cruise to 14th. Safely tucked up in Mid-table by March.

Instead we have amassed our highest points total at this level since 2007/08, guaranteed a highest placed finish since 2007/08, and still have a chance of exceeding the end result of 2007/08...I think that's a success.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

West Brom will go for it. As it stands they will play Villa, if I was them I'd be hoping to finish 3rd and play whoever finishes 6th. Derby will also have to go for it. I can see it being a 4-3 type of game. When Derby went for it tonight they were vulnerable and in truth Swansea could have nicked it. As we know from experience with West Brom. They are very deadly on the counter.

But there's still hope UTC. Until the 76th minute of last night's match we were nowhere. Now we still have a fighting chance. 

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Why is that our clubs fault?

Well who else’s fault is it? We’ve received an allocation from Hull that we haven’t got near to selling out yet tickets aren’t on sale for our fans.

And Rotherham will now be playing with more freedom (or for championship contracts somewhere else) as their fate is already sealed. 

13 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Shame to have to have a moan tonight but another balls up from the club. I bet lots of people buoyed by that result would go to book the Hull game. But only they can’t, as the three unsold blocks aren’t on sale. Ridiculous.

I'm sure they'll be on sale tomorrow and people can buy then. 

Hardly as though people won't be able to go... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep, I was expecting a gentle cruise to 14th. Safely tucked up in Mid-table by March.

Instead we have amassed our highest points total at this level since 2007/08, guaranteed a highest placed finish since 2007/08, and still have a chance of exceeding the end result of 2007/08...I think that's a success.

Best away record at this level since 1906. Queen Victoria had only been dead 5 years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

Extacly. 2 were part of a very leaky defense for the past few season and one who I had a feeling had a one off season, although out of the 3 I'd only have Bobby back 

I agree in the most but wouldn’t have Bobby back.  He can’t come back to us as it would screw him up mentally and some of the same players would be in the dressing room.  Never go back imo, at least at this level..

An old warhorse returning to their 2nd division old club after a distinguished career higher up the leagues maybe.  Not at this level for me.

4 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Nope, we blew it, relying on other teams after those wins at Middlesbrough and Sheffield united is a massive balls up

That’s the spirit! 

So, we’re in one of the most competitive leagues in Europe, where anyone can beat anyone on the day... except Bristol City, who, when we’ve done well,  can only avoid a complete writing-off if we do even better in every game that follows.  Of course we wish we’d done even better, but in the context of this division that’s not a reason to rubbish us. Get a grip. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Under the radar.

**** the radar.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

And Derby without Keogh and look like they've put everything into these last two games.

If Vyner still playing for Rotherham? Now would be a good time for him to have a worldie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'm sure they'll be on sale tomorrow and people can buy then. 

Hardly as though people won't be able to go... 

You’ve missed the point completely.

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

And Derby without Keogh and look like they've put everything into these last two games.

If Vyner still playing for Rotherham? Now would be a good time for him to have a worldie.

Great point. Do Derby have the mental strength for what will be 3 extremely tough games in a week?

6 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Best away record at this level since 1906. Queen Victoria had only been dead 5 years.

What position did she play?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

What is the point then... 

The one that Derby need to stop us reaching the play-offs JBFC II. But it shall not pass. Always believe young Padawan.

Well at least it makes for an exciting last league game with various scenarios possible. Us ending up 6th the outside bet but as others have stated, pressure can do funny things to teams and players and we could still be in the play offs come Sunday at 5pm

Sky soccer (Sunday) could be an exciting and nail biting adventure - come on Geoff Stelling, Bristol Shitty may just do it after all!

• Like 1

Just now, Curr Avon said:

The one that Frank Lampards Derby County need to stop us reaching the play-offs JBFC II. But it shall not pass. Always believe young Padawan.

Slight amendment for correctness 👀

We're all West Brom and Rotherham on Sunday then (as well as city of course, but that's obvious...) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bcdc said:

That’s the spirit! 

So, we’re in one of the most competitive leagues in Europe, where anyone can beat anyone on the day... except Bristol City, who, when we’ve done well,  can only avoid a complete writing-off if we do even better in every game that follows.  Of course we wish we’d done even better, but in the context of this division that’s not a reason to rubbish us. Get a grip. 

Ok, i will get a grip. We were fantastic in our last 5 games, we won all of them and are flying into the playoffs on our merit.

the effort of the players and coaches to get us this far has been heroic, but our performances at home when we had everything tobplay for have been poor

8 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Read the post and figure it out yourself.

That the club haven't got anybody up at 10pm to open up the blocks that are unreleased? 

Let's be honest, it's hardly the end of the world. I'm sure people can wait until the morning... 

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That the club haven't got anybody up at 10pm to open up the blocks that are unreleased? 

Let's be honest, it's hardly the end of the world. I'm sure people can wait until the morning... 

Have you ever thought about planning ahead? Might serve you well in life if you begin to.

9 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Have you ever thought about planning ahead? Might serve you well in life if you begin to.

They have no need to release blocks when we haven't sold our allocation in the others. Which we didn't until tonight... 

Why does it matter so much though? Its hardly as though people are now going to miss out on tickets is it... 

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

They have no need to release blocks when we haven't sold our allocation in the others. Which we didn't until tonight... 

Why does it matter so much though? Its hardly as though people are now going to miss out on tickets is it... 

Why shouldn’t tickets be available to fans who are buoyed by the result and make the spontaneous decision to get them tonight? They might sleep on it and then not bother, given we’re probably not going to sell out it seems a daft situation.

4 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Why shouldn’t tickets be available to fans who are buoyed by the result and make the spontaneous decision to get them tonight? They might sleep on it and then not bother, given we’re probably not going to sell out it seems a daft situation.

I don't think anyone would really make a 50 quid plus 'spontaneous decision'... 

At the end of the day, anybody who wants to go still had two days, plus probably pay on the day, to decide to

Edited by JBFC II
  • Aubergine 1

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I don't think anyone would really make a 50 quid plus 'spontaneous decision'... 

At the end of the day, anybody who wants to go still had two days, plus probably pay on the day, to decide to

Bore off mate. You spend your entire day and night on here initiating petty squabbles with people, have you got nothing better to do?