IGNORED

Down to the last day

Silvio Dante

So, after 45 games we’re still in the mix with something to play for. Boro have to win because of GD, Derby have to get something from a tough assignment. It’s still possible.

But whatever happens, the fullest of credit to the team and management. We’ve been through a GK crisis, a spate of terrible decisions and some godawful home form - yet we’re here and have a shout still. We could finish on 72 and miss out - and anyone would have taken 72 at season start.

I’m still calling it. It’s still on. But if it doesn’t happen, we can all be exceptionally proud of our club

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, after 45 games we’re still in the mix with something to play for. Boro have to win because of GD, Derby have to get something from a tough assignment. It’s still possible.

But whatever happens, the fullest of credit to the team and management. We’ve been through a GK crisis, a spate of terrible decisions and some godawful home form - yet we’re here and have a shout still. We could finish on 72 and miss out - and anyone would have taken 72 at season start.

I’m still calling it. It’s still on. But if it doesn’t happen, we can all be exceptionally proud of our club

It’s a tough ask to achieve but stranger things have happened 

WBA will want to beat Derby and finish 3rd avoiding Villa until the final ! Only Bolton and Rotherham have scored fewer goals than Boro this season so no guarantee of a Boro win in my view . Sunday is going to be fun and whatever happens I for one am as proud as **** ?

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I don’t think we can discount Derby’s history of bottling it. Their fans will know this and be wound up tighter than Waels purse-strings

Ooooh thats tighter than a nuns knickers

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Adding to the pressure on the players.

Exactly.

In a perverse way, we’re almost in the best position. What we have to do is simple - win. The pressures off us and we play better that way. Set that against Boro with both the expectation and the need to play in the un-Pulis way of going to win a game, and FLDC with the favourites tag which they (the fans and some players) don’t cope well with

Its definitely not impossible!

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Exactly.

In a perverse way, we’re almost in the best position. What we have to do is simple - win. The pressures off us and we play better that way. Set that against Boro with both the expectation and the need to play in the un-Pulis way of going to win a game, and FLDC with the favourites tag which they (the fans and some players) don’t cope well with

Its definitely not impossible!

You are right and I reckon we will do it.

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Surely most neutrals would probably expect Boro to do it.

Rotherham will be no pushovers.

10 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Surely most neutrals would probably expect Boro to do it.

Just had a gander at Paddy Power;

To finish in the top 6;

Derby 4/9

Boro 13/5

City 13/1

To finish outside of the top 6;

Derby 17/10

Boro 1/4

City 1/40

Ah well, at least we are in it ..

18 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Get on a 28-1 treble. Derby defeat, Boro draw, City win. Only one other scenario gets us in and thats a Boro defeat.

What about Boro lose, or draw, Derby draw, and City win by 8 clear goals, leaving us and the Rams on 72 points, +14 and +13 respectively? 

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

So all we have to do is beat Hull to get into the Prem? :noexp:

Wouldn't that be sweet- they can't make the playoffs I know which is the only thing that could have made it sweeter still, to seal our place in the top 6 vs the very side who denied us in 2008? Bloody Windass!

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Just had a gander at Paddy Power;

To finish in the top 6;

Derby 4/9

Boro 13/5

City 13/1

To finish outside of the top 6;

Derby 17/10

Boro 1/4

City 1/40

Ah well, at least we are in it ..

Given West Brom’s interes there is zero value in backing Derby. I expect a big swing in that in the coming days when bets are placed 

If someone had said at the start of the season that on the last game of the season we would have an outside chance of making the play offs I would have defiantly taken that.

its been a bizarre season but whatever happens Johnson has again made progress on the previous season.

Archived