IGNORED

EFL warning to all play-off contenders

39 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

That they(the clubs)

must not make big changes to their teams

from the previous match's

Surely the warning should be to those teams playing the contenders, not the teams themselves. We would want West Brom to be playing a strong side for example.

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

That could be a big problem for LJ then 

As above.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Surely the warning should be to those teams playing the contenders, not the teams themselves. We would want West Brom to be playing a strong side for example.

I would hope that West Brom want the win to make it to third above Leeds and avoid Villa in the semi-finals. Villa are the form team going into the playoffs. 

34 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I would hope that West Brom want the win to make it to third above Leeds and avoid Villa in the semi-finals. Villa are the form team going into the playoffs. 

Baggies mate in work wants to play Villa, has beaten and drawn with them this season. Hes pretty confident of beating them over two legs.

1 minute ago, UREDS_91 said:

Baggies mate in work wants to play Villa, has beaten and drawn with them this season. Hes pretty confident of beating them over two legs.

Given their respective form at the moment, I think your Baggies mate is a bit delusional. Surely they would much rather play the team that scrapes into 6th. Plus a semi final of Leeds against Villa would be pretty "lively" after Sunday's shenanigans! The winner of that semifinal also might be missing one or two players on disciplinary charges come the final....

• Admin
4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

That they(the clubs)

must not make big changes to their teams

from the previous match's

Apart from Villa everyone in the top 8 has to go for a win this weekend, no idea why any of those teams would weaken their line up

28 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Huddersfield did it the year they went up

They played a weakened team away to Birmingham City in their penultimate game, got hammered, giving the Bluenoses the opportunity to escape relegation by beating us 1-0 on the final day.

Blackburn were subsequently relegated, despite beating Brentford away. Forest also avoided the drop at home to Ipswich.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm not worried about West Brom and Derby, it's an already relegated Rotherham having to get at the very least a draw from Middlesbrough or we're out no matter what we do that concerns me.

Same here. Aside from anything else, I think West Brom would prefer to have us rather than Derby as potential play-off final opponents so I think there is a tactical incentive to try and eliminate Derby from the race.

Especially now Boro have found some form, you have to think they are likely to beat Rotherham. The only things that offer me any comfort are that Boro are a low scoring team so could fail to score and relegated teams sometimes produce strange results once the pressure is off. That said, I think we would have to assume Boro are the favourites.

The other thing worth saying obviously is Hull are not a bad side. It doesn't matter what Derby or Rotherham do unless we get the job done ourselves. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

I'm not worried about West Brom and Derby, it's an already relegated Rotherham having to get at the very least a draw from Middlesbrough or we're out no matter what we do that concerns me.

Rotherham have chuckle to lose.

They may as well go all out for a win to please their fans...and us!

Archived