IGNORED

How would you approach Sunday ?

daored

Could see both sides of the argument as we’ve used the second half approach away from home all season and it’s served us well but Hull are there for the taking. Blades were 0-3 up after half an hour there the other week, go and do similar and panic will set in around other grounds.

The score only matters at the end of the game, I would almost play it as 2 separate games, keep it tight in the first half watch there patterns and utilise that knowledge to go at them in the second half. 

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Start with the same team as Tuesday but Wright in for hunt and palmer in for pack. 

If we need to chase the game, we have the options on the bench to do so

Almost agree with this but would add Taylor for 'can't hit a barn door from more than 5 yards out' Weimann.

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Start with the same team as Tuesday but Wright in for hunt and palmer in for pack. 

If we need to chase the game, we have the options on the bench to do so

Palmer for Pack and there's a good chance we will need to chase the game! ?

Seriously, who'd you play deep midfield? 

Must win for us, so straight out the blocks, don't give Hull a chance to realise what's hit them, but keep a solid back 4 + Pack. Give the other 5 freedom to do whatever it takes.

A draw is not good enough, so go for broke. 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Palmer for Pack and there's a good chance we will need to chase the game! ?

Seriously, who'd you play deep midfield? 

I'd say walsh can do the deep lying playmaker role that pack does. He's quicker on the ball and what he lacks in strength he makes up for in speed on the ball. 

That being said, there's no chance of marlon being dropped so I don't know why I'm entertaining the idea! 

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Almost agree with this but would add Taylor for 'can't hit a barn door from more than 5 yards out' Weimann.

I'd say weimann is a better finisher than Taylor to be honest

8 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Has Weimann not had one of his best scoring seasons whilst playing centrally?

EXACTLY, just 10 goals, 50% of what is considered the benchmark for a top striker.

5 of his goals in the first 6 games and 3 at Sheff Utd. Just 2 in over 30 other appearances, yes his endless running is admirable, but his shooting and final pass when on a run are pretty woeful.

17 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bit worried about who will be our right back up against Grosicki. He absolutely destroyed Hunt last time. Hunt is not even an option as he is injured.

I'd go with Dasilva at right back for this one. We need to win the game and I would rather have 2 full backs that can get up to support our attacks in Kelly and Dasilva, rather than having Pisano who hasn't the legs, or Wright who is uncomfortable further up the pitch. And also Dasilva's pace might be better up against Grosicki.

Stuart Munro was a left footer who played most of his games at right back, and Brennan did a lot too. There is no reason that cannot work.

I would drop Pack for Palmer, drop Weimann for Eliasson. And lets attack them.

Not saying I agree but Wright will play right full back and Pack will play.

It is an option to put Brownhill at right back who will have the engery to keep up with Grosicki, thus allowing Palmer to start if we want to take the game to them.

Not ideal but if we keep Bowen & Grisicki quiet we should win the game 

The right back position is likely to go to Wright, especially after the Pisano subbed sub episode on Tuesday. Otherwise the rest will be the same as the starters on Tuesday, the only other query being the keeper. Max made the penalty save, but he gave it away in the first place!

And then it's down to the subs, which if there are no injuries, at a guess, will be Palmer, Eliasson & Taylor and probably in that order.

The challenge will be to keep Grosicki and Bowen quiet when playing at the KC. Do that and we stand more than a chance of getting the win we need.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

The score only matters at the end of the game, I would almost play it as 2 separate games, keep it tight in the first half watch there patterns and utilise that knowledge to go at them in the second half

So in the one match you HAVE to score a goal in, you choose to give yourself 45 mins to do it in rather than 90? 

I don't get that at all.

1 minute ago, CiderCraig said:

So in the one match you HAVE to score a goal in, you choose to give yourself 45 mins to do it in rather than 90? 

I don't get that at all.

Because you need to score a goal before the end not score a goal at the beginning and then conced 3.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I'd say walsh can do the deep lying playmaker role that pack does. He's quicker on the ball and what he lacks in strength he makes up for in speed on the ball. 

Walsh has no aerial ability. Pack wins a lot of headers. Playing Walsh in place of Pack would weaken us in that regard. 

I'd approach Hull via the M5 and M1......Or maybe on a plane bound for Hartlepool...

And then all out attack...  Have to take it to them - there's no choice. 

If we find that Derby and Boro are both 4-0 up at half time. Bring on Marinovic for a giggle.

1 hour ago, daored said:

Sunday is a simple equation we have to win.  

If you were Johnson how would you approach Sunday? Would you go all out attack or keep it safe and have a go in the second half ?

Do exactly what we’ve been doing all season - why change anything? 

This seasons away wins has been the best in decades.

Can't believe no has mentioned sabotaging the Derby and Boro first team plans!

This would be my first plan for Sunday morning, something along the lines of: trigger the fire alarms of their hotels / training grounds at random times, spread stories on social media of players sleeping with other players wives, try to infect some of their squad with contagious illnesses (non-life threatening), and try to convince Flint to score an own goal / concede a penalty (SL can throw him a nice brown envelope of £50.00 notes to help him sleep easier at night).

Just a few ideas, come on City, time to be creative!!!

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Do exactly what we’ve been doing all season - why change anything? 

This seasons away wins has been the best in decades.

It has been , no-one can deny that but this game is in reality a one off. I do think at times Johnson can be cautious. 

I don’t think many of us expected to be in this position @ 5pm last Saturday

Archived