IGNORED

How would you approach Sunday ?

daored

• Admin
1 hour ago, Pezo said:

The score only matters at the end of the game, I would almost play it as 2 separate games, keep it tight in the first half watch there patterns and utilise that knowledge to go at them in the second half. 

Which to me is how we play the majority of our games anyway

I expect LJ to set us up and play exactly as we usually do but I would like a fast start and hopefully a goal because that will be picked up by Derby and Boro fans and the unease transmitted to the players.

Long shot of course but we are up against it a bit !

1 hour ago, Nathandao said:

We’ve been saving all our goals this season for this game. Come straight out of the blocks and absolutely stomp them, then it wont matter if Derby draw :laugh:

This...

Attacking line up/shape....go for it.

Very likely Lee will be cautious & we run out of time!!

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

True, but surely ability to control and pass a ball is more important than heading ability for a midfielder

It’s all important, Jon. If we’re going to build the team around Walsh rather than Pack then we’ll need to play somebody alongside him who can compete aerially. Webster for example. But that’s change upon change which will potentially disrupt our winning formula away from home. 

As someone mentioned earlier, if it’s broke, don’t fix it. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Bit worried about who will be our right back up against Grosicki. He absolutely destroyed Hunt last time. Hunt is not even an option as he is injured.

I'd go with Dasilva at right back for this one. We need to win the game and I would rather have 2 full backs that can get up to support our attacks in Kelly and Dasilva, rather than having Pisano who hasn't the legs, or Wright who is uncomfortable further up the pitch. And also Dasilva's pace might be better up against Grosicki.

Stuart Munro was a left footer who played most of his games at right back, and Brennan did a lot too. There is no reason that cannot work.

I would drop Pack for Palmer, drop Weimann for Eliasson. And lets attack them.

Pisano got the legs. Look at these stats for when he plays vs when he doesn't. It's the last game and he's absolutely gonna be fighting for that contract, he's gonna give 100% 

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep he has good stats for us winning games, but I think a part of that is coincidence. He hardly gets up and down the line well. We could do with more of a threat down that side, especially in a game we definitely need to score and win. I just think Dasilva could be very effective on that side.

I see what you mean but I don't believe in weakening our strong left side attack to not massively boost the right side. I think the stats speak for itself and whatever part Pisano plays it works. He's also very good in the air better than Dasilva and Kelly. 

If i see Dasilva's ability wasted on the RB role ill be disappointed, he's faaaaar better on the left 

2 hours ago, daored said:

Sunday is a simple equation we have to win.  

If you were Johnson how would you approach Sunday? Would you go all out attack or keep it safe and have a go in the second half ?

Go all out attack we were fortunate on Tuesday only came to life after the penalty miss dont leave it till last minute

30 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

There are benefits of having a tall player in midfield. But I think back to Preston absolutely destroying us a number of times in midfield with all very short players. Johnson, Pearson, Browne all about 5 foot 7. Having short, quick midfielders can have advantages as well as disadvantages.

Regarding Sunday, we have ample proof that playing Pack in midfield can result in us winning games away from home. Probably more than we've ever done at Championship level. We have no proof that playing Walsh in his place will result in a winning format because it's never been tested. This is too big a game to try risky experiments. Let's go with what we know.

Why on earth would we move arguably our best player at the moment (Jay Da Silva) to another position and stifle his form? Not sure how many people have spotted but he has a basic right foot and that would be exploited. 

Square pegs in circular holes........ 

Fast start, early goal to set the nerves in elsewhere. 4141/ 433. 

Max 

Pisano Webster Kalas Jay 

Pack 

Eliasson  Brownhill Palmer Pato 

Fam 

Harsh on Lloyd who I thought put some good balls into the box but Jay gives us more attacking threat. Would have Marlon for his leadership but could see reasons behind using Walsh instead. Weimann, Taylor, Semenyo? Off bench if goals needed. 

We've got to go for the jugular straight away.

Any psychological advantage we can gain over Derby and Boro, we've got to take.

Imagine we go one or two up within 15minutes of the start, and Derby & Boro are both nil nil, the pressure for them to score would be immense.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Can't believe no has mentioned sabotaging the Derby and Boro first team plans!

This would be my first plan for Sunday morning, something along the lines of: trigger the fire alarms of their hotels / training grounds at random times, spread stories on social media of players sleeping with other players wives, try to infect some of their squad with contagious illnesses (non-life threatening), and try to convince Flint to score an own goal / concede a penalty (SL can throw him a nice brown envelope of £50.00 notes to help him sleep easier at night).

Just a few ideas, come on City, time to be creative!!!

Zak Vyner could yet have a big part to play! 

2 hours ago, Bcfc-Chris said:

Fast start, early goal to set the nerves in elsewhere. 4141/ 433. 

Max 

Pisano Webster Kalas Jay 

Pack 

Eliasson  Brownhill Palmer Pato 

Fam 

Harsh on Lloyd who I thought put some good balls into the box but Jay gives us more attacking threat. Would have Marlon for his leadership but could see reasons behind using Walsh instead. Weimann, Taylor, Semenyo? Off bench if goals needed. 

Don’t mind that, but probably go Weimann over Eliasson at the start. 

----------------------------------------------Max---------------------------------------------

Pisano----------------Kalas------------------------Webster------------------Kelly

---------------------------------------------Pack----------------------------------------------

-------------Weimann------------------------------------------------DaSilva-----------

---------------------------------------------Palmer-------------------------------------------

------------------------------Famara--------------------Pato------------------------------

Archived