IGNORED

OTIB match at Ashton Gate?

reddogkev

Just a thought, and at the moment I don't know how much it costs, but I keep seeing at the stadium that Ashton Gate pitch will be available to hire during the summer.

There is an email address for information, which I don't currently have, but would imagine we can locate it somewhere on the City site.

How many folks on here would be interested in playing a game on the pitch?  Of course, it's all cost dependent, and I'm sure I read in previous seasons that it's quite expensive.

Add a response here if you fancy playing a game.  The more the merrier, more players mean more chances for substitutions and a lower price for each player.

This is just a rough idea at the moment, but to happen I'd say we'd need at least 35/36 players agreed and paid in advance.

If anyone does already know the costs or even have the info, pop it here if you can.

Cheers, Kev.

Play on the Pitch

Ashton Gate Stadium is pleased to announce the available dates for our Play on the Pitch events.

Play on the Pitch is available at Ashton Gate Stadium from Sunday, May 5th - Saturday, May 11th.

Included in the package:

• Package based on 30 participants 
  • Use of the changing rooms for three hours
  • Use of pitch for 30 minutes, warm up & 90 minute game
  • Includes first aid cover
  • Signed shirt and bottle of bubbly for man of the match
  • Use of Sports Bar Mezzanine level post event
  • Pint, burger & chips post event (served on Sports Bar Mezzanine level)

Prices start from £3,500 for weekdays and £4,500 for Saturday and Sunday

For more information, or to book email events@ashtongate.co.uk or call 0117 963 0680.

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/events/play-on-the-pitch/

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

It's only £205 per person for a weekend if you don't have any subs ?

Play up on the downs instead and go for drinks after!

How much is the Mem?!

1 minute ago, Super said:

Jeez are those prices for real?

I’m not sure what you expect? I’d imagine this aimed more at corporate use - not a kick about with your mates. You’re getting the pitch and facilities of a premier league level set-up. 

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

I’m not sure what you expect? I’d imagine this aimed more at corporate use - not a kick about with your mates. You’re getting the pitch and facilities of a premier league level set-up. 

Yeh maybe just seems a lot.

Yeah I’d be up for it. Not played for a while though..! 

I’ve done the “play at Ashton Gate” things a couple of times before (pre-rebuild)  and they are brilliant. Not cheap, but a real experience and great memories! 

If you can get enough for 22 players per squad (half a game each) then it’s well worth the £100 a head & I’m sure that 45 mins is plenty for most of us..! 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah I’d be up for it. Not played for a while though..! 

I’ve done the “play at Ashton Gate” things a couple of times before (pre-rebuild)  and they are brilliant. Not cheap, but a real experience and great memories! 

If you can get enough for 22 players per squad (half a game each) then it’s well worth the £100 a head & I’m sure that 45 mins is plenty for most of us..! 

Yep, the cost wouldn't be too bad if it was during the week (£3500), but looking at the dates mentioned above, they only have the pitch available until May 11th.

I hoped it might be available to use for longer than just one week!  Probably not enough time to arrange something for 2019.  Plenty of time though to arrange it for 2020 (presuming they do it next season)!

I think I'll revive this thread March next year!

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Yep, the cost wouldn't be too bad if it was during the week (£3500), but looking at the dates mentioned above, they only have the pitch available until May 11th.

I hoped it might be available to use for longer than just one week!  Probably not enough time to arrange something for 2019.  Plenty of time though to arrange it for 2020 (presuming they do it next season)!

I think I'll revive this thread March next year!

I'd say February just incase of drop-outs etc. and you got more time for people for stand-by lists, etc.

I've done several charity matches, maybe give me a bell and we could even make it into a charity match for CHSW?

3 hours ago, Super said:

Play up on the downs instead and go for drinks after!

How much is the Mem?!

I'd rather play on the downs than go to a place with nothing but gazebos ?

Nah, but all honesty I think they are VERY relaxed and often do it for free for charity matches

Archived