IGNORED

Promotion Ale - tempting fate?

BigAl&Toby

Who remembers these? Anyone have one left?

A year or so ago we made some cider from Katy apples. With a nod to my daughters, one of their mates, Thatchers and the variety we called it Catilledie.

Thing is we never bottled it. Left it to “mature”.....

Would it be premature to bottle it up now to enjoy Whitsun Bank Holiday Monday? After we secure promotion to the promised land?

Will it taste like cider? Or cider vinegar?

Taking orders..... ?CDF8BDE3-D3F9-4AC5-929B-C8190E53E168.thumb.jpeg.e5c17abcb1ee73e4f0fdf4c2162f3571.jpeg

33 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

A year or so ago we made some cider from Katy apples. With a nod to my daughters, one of their mates, Thatchers and the variety we called it Catilledie.

Would it be premature to bottle it up now to enjoy Whitsun Bank Holiday Monday? After we secure promotion to the promised land?

Taking orders..... ?CDF8BDE3-D3F9-4AC5-929B-C8190E53E168.thumb.jpeg.e5c17abcb1ee73e4f0fdf4c2162f3571.jpeg

Bristol Sport are already working out how much a 600% mark up would be .

:whistle2:

34 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I'd prefer the Rolex !

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I'd prefer the Rolex !

I’ll let you have the ticket.

Had to pawn it. It’s cost a fortune What with all these bloody tickets and lengthy journeys.......

BTW. I bought it in Turkey from a bloke who had loads to choose from in a suitcase on the side of the road ?

I too have an unopened bottle. It should be fine to drink.

For my 50th, s good friend brought over a range of Fuller's Ales that were well past the sell by date. He had bought them a week earlier at the Fuller's Brewery. A label had been stuck onto it to explain why it was more than safe to drink. Needless to say, the brewery was right and they were amazing to drink!

35down voteaccepted

From the web....

The beer will not be bad in the sense of unsafe to drink, since no harmful pathogens grow once the beer is fully fermented. So you can certainly drink the beer.

However, the beer may not taste good! Over time, the beer will oxidize, both from oxygen introduced during packaging, but also through the release of oxygen from compounds previously oxidized in the beer. The oxygen causes the beer to stale, producing tones of sherry, paper, cardboard. Hop aromas are muted, and hop beta acids oxidize to produce an unrefined bitterness. Other forms of staling can lead to a soap taste.

Generally, the higher the alcohol content of the beer the less you need to be concerned with the use by date.

13 hours ago, forestofdean said:

worth over £50 on ebay if not a lot more

I’m not selling. Ever. Up there with the seats from the Williams. And the Williams turnstile. And the now framed late 70s home and away shirts.

And all the other eBay nostalgia football shit - as the current Mrs Big Al calls it....

And I was lucky. Bought my ale off eBay for £6. Bargain!

Who wants a Promotion Catilledie 2019? Taking orders..... ?

Archived