IGNORED

Ashton Gate must have been close to host England v Kosovo

50 minutes ago, nickolas said:

As in this close? Im sure thats only as close as we really got!!!

73BD7C38-1EA4-43E9-BE52-0DB4AF1F46E7.png

Crap route!

A36 to Wilton, A3094 from lights after Wilton roundabout, turn right towards racecourse, follow road to End of the Salisbury ring road, then back on the A36 southbound then M27 to Southampton Almost a straight line from Bath, with very few bottlenecks. Might well go myself

31 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Crap route!

A36 to Wilton, A3094 from lights after Wilton roundabout, turn right towards racecourse, follow road to End of the Salisbury ring road, then back on the A36 southbound then M27 to Southampton Almost a straight line from Bath, with very few bottlenecks. Might well go myself

Agree, best route.

2 hours ago, miser said:

Parson Street to Temple Meads, Temple Meads to Southampton. Return - Southampton to Temple Meads, sleep on bench, Temple Meads to Parson Street. 

Get off at Parson Street, get the bus to Bristol Airport, fly to Newcastle, quick stop off at Hartlepool, train to Southampton, back to Newcastle in time for kick-off and then seven times around the equator.

• Admin
12 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Southampton will host the above game on Tuesday september 10th

Capacity at St Marys is 32,000

Sorry put in the wrong opponents

My thoughts exactly, in hindsight I wonder if those two U21 fixtures were being played to see which ground was more suited for this game? 

8 hours ago, phantom said:

My thoughts exactly, in hindsight I wonder if those two U21 fixtures were being played to see which ground was more suited for this game? 

Southampton has hosted a full international before so they know they can handle it.

I think 32,000 is the bare minimum England should play in front of to be honest.

The big games should always be at the national stadium (although that is in the wrong place, should be Birmingham) but it should be all about taking the lesser games around the country to stadiums like AG (especially friendlies) and not about the capacity.

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The big games should always be at the national stadium (although that is in the wrong place, should be Birmingham) but it should be all about taking the lesser games around the country to stadiums like AG (especially friendlies) and not about the capacity.

Surely the capacity has to come into it. You want as many people as possible being able to watch it.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Surely the capacity has to come into it. You want as many people as possible being able to watch it.

25k is plenty and there are dozens of stadiums around the country of that size.

Qualifying games in places like Bristol, Bradford, Newcastle, Hull, Brighton, Birmingham, would take the national team to the country - and to venues that have been starved of such games.

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

25k is plenty and there are dozens of stadiums around the country of that size.

Qualifying games in places like Bristol, Bradford, Newcastle, Hull, Brighton, Birmingham, would take the national team to the country - and to venues that have been starved of such games.

I agree about that but I don't think you could have a full international at a ground with a capacity of less than that.

15 minutes ago, Super said:

I agree about that but I don't think you could have a full international at a ground with a capacity of less than that.

Newcastle,  Manchester, Liverpool Birmingham all 40 - 75,000 seaters. I'm surprised the revenue hogs at the FA even considered St Mary's to be honest.

Trick missed when Wembley was declared obsolete, as the FA should have chucked money at clubs in all four corners of England (ourselves included) to build upgraded stadia. No doubt Old Trafford could have got to 85,000 St James 60,000 and a new one off the M42 smilar size. As for a London stadium they should have touted around the clubs and maybe ended up with an enhanced Emirates.

Too late now of course but a bit shite that the "national game" requires England supporters from all over the country to get to Brent usually during a working day.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Have you ever been to Birmingham? Because if you have you wouldn't be saying it should be in Birmingham. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Have you ever been to Birmingham? Because if you have you wouldn't be saying it should be in Birmingham. 

Strange response.

No one is migrating to Birmingham to live - its a football match where most of the country can access easily for a football match.

As an aside, there are many areas in Bristol which would aspire to the worst of Birmingham no doubt.

19 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Birmingham? No thanks

16 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Strange response.

No one is migrating to Birmingham to live - its a football match where most of the country can access easily for a football match.

As an aside, there are many areas in Bristol which would aspire to the worst of Birmingham no doubt.

For us living in Bristol Both London and Birmingham are easy to get too. 

I'd rather have a day out in London than in Birmingham for sure. 

There was an England Supporters Club meeting in Birmingham last night, with a representative from the FA present. I wasn't at the meeting but a very detailed summary of the discussion points was posted on the England Supporters Club Facebook page a couple of hours ago. The following caught my eye:

"Kosovo - Bristol City was a front runner to host the game but the FA couldn't agree it with them, so Southampton was the second choice. The FA said they cannot stop rumours but they confirmed the game once the contract had been 100% signed and all agreed with Kosovo FA."

On 02/05/2019 at 20:24, dave36 said:

Crap route!

On a motorbike, yes. In a car, painful. 

1 hour ago, North London Red said:

There was an England Supporters Club meeting in Birmingham last night, with a representative from the FA present. I wasn't at the meeting but a very detailed summary of the discussion points was posted on the England Supporters Club Facebook page a couple of hours ago. The following caught my eye:

"Kosovo - Bristol City was a front runner to host the game but the FA couldn't agree it with them, so Southampton was the second choice. The FA said they cannot stop rumours but they confirmed the game once the contract had been 100% signed and all agreed with Kosovo FA."

So was it that the FA wanted to play the game at AG but the club wouldn't agree the terms ?

On 03/05/2019 at 16:32, bcfc01 said:

Yeah, that's right never play the big games in the country's capital. That would be absurd !  ? (that's the closest emoji I could find to the wankr sign).

33 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Yeah, that's right never play the big games in the country's capital. That would be absurd !  ? (that's the closest emoji I could find to the wankr sign).

Nice.

Archived