IGNORED

Project toilet roll

BigAl&Toby

Nice to see S82 throwing them around.

When I was younger and the 3 of us had season tickets in the Atyeo making a paper mess was de rigeur as the boys came out of the tunnel.

We’d get there early with our Evening Posts and spend 20 minutes tearing them into loads of little pieces.....

Then with the wind behind us and on the count of 3 we’d chuck it as high in the air as we could.

And over “the students” in front of us. The ones that insisted on calling Louis Louie - as in that ape in the ******* Jungle Book ?

So to create an atmosphere - or just an almighty mess - who’s taking their toilet rolls on Sunday. None of that medicated Izal stuff. Needn’t be Cushelle either.

Imagine the scene. The boys come out to a mass of flying toilet rolls...  

Who’s up for it? 

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Depending on latest scores, with minutes to go, I reckon we might need all the bog paper we can get this weekend - for use in the traditional way!  ?

If things are that close with minutes to go, I would imagine it will have already been used for its 'traditional' purpose.

Squeaky time.

We used to take carrier bags full of torn up newspapers, along with toilet rolls & rolls of bus ticket paper into the East End with us in the early 90's to throw as the teams emerged from the tunnel.

We used to wait outside the turnstiles half an hour before they opened to make sure we had seats right in the middle. Now i'm never in the ground until at least 2:55 after an early session in the pub ?

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Depending on latest scores, with minutes to go, I reckon we might need all the bog paper we can get this weekend - for use in the traditional way!  ?

The best idea is to take a box of Bisto with you. If you feel the need you just take one or two spoonfuls of the powder. Whilst this will not fix the problem it will thicken things up a tad.

2 hours ago, The_Don said:

We used to take carrier bags full of torn up newspapers, along with toilet rolls & rolls of bus ticket paper into the East End with us in the early 90's to throw as the teams emerged from the tunnel.

We used to wait outside the turnstiles half an hour before they opened to make sure we had seats right in the middle. Now i'm never in the ground until at least 2:55 after an early session in the pub ?

Seats?!

10 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Seats?!

east end was seated in 91! 

my first season was 90, the last year of the east end terrace mind, and I remember doing the same, getting onto the terrace early and shredding my evening post to chuck in the air whilst tina turner and rod stewart played out on the tannoy. remember when the first songs would start as the cider monsters started streaming in from the pub, the fug of cigarette smoke and stale smells of last night's lager and curry. brilliant days, wish I had seen the 80s and before, but so glad I caught that last season of East End terracing as a kiddie. Magic days! 

Let's go ****ing mental :D

1 minute ago, poland_exile said:

east end was seated in 91! 

my first season was 90, the last year of the east end terrace mind, and I remember doing the same, getting onto the terrace early and shredding my evening post to chuck in the air whilst tina turner and rod stewart played out on the tannoy. remember when the first songs would start as the cider monsters started streaming in from the pub, the fug of cigarette smoke and stale smells of last night's lager and curry. brilliant days, wish I had seen the 80s and before, but so glad I caught that last season of East End terracing as a kiddie. Magic days! 

Around the same time as me, I went as a kid with my dad in the open end before that but my first season of going independently with friends was around the same time as you.

Also remember Europe's Final Countdown being played when the teams emerged from the tunnel. ?

3 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

my first season was 90, the last year of the east end terrace mind, ............. remember when the first songs would start as the cider monsters started streaming in from the pub, the fug of cigarette smoke and stale smells of last night's lager and curry. brilliant days, wish I had seen the 80s and before, but so glad I caught that last season of East End terracing as a kiddie. Magic days! 

I started in there in the mid-1980's. It was as you describe it week in, week out.

Supposedly the bad days for English football. Never had so much fun in my life as in football grounds back then.

25 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Around the same time as me, I went as a kid with my dad in the open end before that but my first season of going independently with friends was around the same time as you.

Also remember Europe's Final Countdown being played when the teams emerged from the tunnel. ?

other songs I remember always being played: It Takes Two and Simply The Best! 

24 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

I started in there in the mid-1980's. It was as you describe it week in, week out.

Supposedly the bad days for English football. Never had so much fun in my life as in football grounds back then.

majorly gutted I missed out on the 80s, but as I say, chuffed to bits I caught the tail end of the East End, the Open End and still had time to chalk off classic away grounds like the old den! Thrilled we're going into the last game of the season with a slim chance of glory, but it's just not the same buzz! 

I have officially become a moaning old git :D 

Archived