Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Silvio Dante

Plans for Sunday

Firstly, kudos to all making the trip. Do us proud.

For those of us who are stuck in Bristol, how are you spending the day? I’ve got a beaut - the other half is running the Bristol 10k in the am and in the afternoon, got a family cinema trip booked in. Means I am unable to follow via normal means and need to rely on text notifications as the goals go in across games - hoping I don’t spoil the film by cheering at inopportune moments.

So, how are you planning to spend Sunday? VPN? Radio Bristol? TalkSPORT? Sky? Or long held plans screwed up by us being in this position?

(NB: Don’t even ask about next week if we make it. Booked a trip to Berlin with the OH not expecting this and now considering a mad rush to a bar after landing to watch at 5:15 if this happens. #romantic)

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Got a gashead and his missus coming around for brunch, what he doesnt know is he'll be joining me for the Bristol City play off party

A gas head with a missus, don't make me laugh!

• Haha 1

I`ll be spending the day with Jeff and the boys on SSN and have told Mrs RRH she`d be better off going over her sister`s as I`ll be acting like a ******* idiot from about 11:45.

• Like 5

Oh and after the race, I’ll be dashing off to watch the match on BCTV+ as I’ll be in, ahem, France. It’s amazing how quickly you can get there from BS3. Either way I shall be getting on it. Thank Bob it’s a Bank Holiday weekend  

COYR. 

• Like 2

Trying to borrow a tele off someone. So i can have derby and city game on at the same time 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Oh and after the race, I’ll be dashing off to watch the match on BCTV+ as I’ll be in, ahem, France. It’s amazing how quickly you can get there from BS3. Either way I shall be getting on it. Thank Bob it’s a Bank Holiday weekend  

COYR. 

How quick are you finishing? The Missus is in Green wave and I believe (although she doesn’t) that with a start time of just before 10 she’ll be done by 11 before medals.  Even when I’ve done Orange wave I’m done by 10:15 earliest (so 40-45 minutes for the race) and through medals etc about 10:40. 

With that in mind, how the hell are you getting to France by half twelve?!?!

4 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

It could well be true, loads of gasheads have sisters 

Which is surprising.

The crushing disappointment would be expected to make the parents stop after one 

2 minutes ago, Zookeeper WSM said:

Me and 13 year old son on the train to Hull tomorrow lunchtime. Curry in Hull tomorrow evening and down the pub for 11am on Sunday.

Sounds great that, hope you find a decent curryhouse.

I was going to train it, do a night in Leeds then get back out early doors in Hull but if we did the unlikely and get into the POs I’m gonna be short for the rest of the month so will need to save my money for that. Looks like we’re gonna go up in the car, I’ve only missed a few aways this season and only not done one by train so it’s a shame but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Now this is POTD, hotel booked for Sat eve in Hull after spending day with 5yr old daughter in Mansfield. Some beers n curry out in the eve, then nervous energy and crap nights sleep before kick off on Sun.

Can't wait!! :city:

• Like 2

Still thinking of going up tomorrow with a sleepover in Hell although unlikely, if not then a pub with Sky sports, not expecting to make top 6 so quite relaxed about it but you just never know, as long as we do our bit then we can't complain 

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Still thinking of going up tomorrow with a sleepover in Hell although unlikely, if not then a pub with Sky sports, not expecting to make top 6 so quite relaxed about it but you just never know, as long as we do our bit then we can't complain 

A sleepover in HELL, hope it's not too hot for you!

• Haha 1

I will be working, so phone will be on with alerts from live score, Hull, Rotherham and Derby. Also my Spanish team Mallorca who are also in with a chance of a play off place. at home to Sporting Gijon in a top of the league clash.

23 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Got a gashead and his missus coming around for brunch, what he doesnt know is he'll be joining me for the Bristol City play off party

You should be banned indefinitely for “ brunch ‘“ it’s a late breakfast ffs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Now this is POTD, hotel booked for Sat eve in Hull after spending day with 5yr old daughter in Mansfield. Some beers n curry out in the eve, then nervous energy and crap nights sleep before kick off on Sun.

Can't wait!! :city:

Is it POTD? 

31 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

A gas head with a missus, don't make me laugh!

He means a gas head and his sister

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ll be spending the day with Jeff and the boys on SSN and have told Mrs RRH she`d be better off going over her sister`s as I`ll be acting like a ******* idiot from about 11:45.

Will she notice any difference?

:whistle:

33 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

A sleepover in HELL, hope it's not too hot for you!

I believe it's currently frozen over.

This is how I know that we're gonna win the playoffs.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Is it POTD? 

From BCFC website:

It will also be pay on the day for supporters travelling to East Yorkshire, while an extra CATS coach has been made available due to demand.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You should be banned indefinitely for “ brunch ‘“ it’s a late breakfast ffs 

Pretty sure they’ll be avocado and salmon 🤫

Seven hours behind GMT here so will watch the boxing Saturday night, kick the dogs off the sofa, quick sleep then up at 4 30am, fry up, beer and hopefully find a stream ready for 5 30am kick off, COYRs!!!

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

With that in mind, how the hell are you getting to France by half twelve?!?!

I’m in green wave too so expecting 60 mins or so. Then it’s back to BS3 where I’ll board VPN Airways touching down in la belle France for 1230BST. ¡ encroyable ! 

• Like 1

Travelling down from NE Scotland tomorrow,  set off about 9 30 should be at hotel  for  4, few beers. Next day full breakfast set me up for the match then drive home after, celebrating the fact were in the playoffs and looking forward to the tie with Leeds. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Firstly, kudos to all making the trip. Do us proud.

For those of us who are stuck in Bristol, how are you spending the day? I’ve got a beaut - the other half is running the Bristol 10k in the am and in the afternoon, got a family cinema trip booked in. Means I am unable to follow via normal means and need to rely on text notifications as the goals go in across games - hoping I don’t spoil the film by cheering at inopportune moments.

So, how are you planning to spend Sunday? VPN? Radio Bristol? TalkSPORT? Sky? Or long held plans screwed up by us being in this position?

(NB: Don’t even ask about next week if we make it. Booked a trip to Berlin with the OH not expecting this and now considering a mad rush to a bar after landing to watch at 5:15 if this happens. #romantic)

Call me old fashioned but why just because yo our Mrs is going o a run you can't watch city? A family cinema trip? Do me a favour, grow a pair of you'll regret if for the rest if yer life!

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

On a stag do in Liverpool, so in a sports bar, watching whatever coverage is broadcast, hoping that hair of the dogs sorts out the previous night’s hangover and wondering if that stripper is ever going to call me..! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frenchred said:

Call me old fashioned but why just because yo our Mrs is going o a run you can't watch city? A family cinema trip? Do me a favour, grow a pair of you'll regret if for the rest if yer life!

So old fashioned😂None of the above sounded to me like he was doing any of it against his will! 

• Like 2

9:30 pm ko for me so I’ll be spending a nervous day attempting to stay sober enough to remember the game! 🍻 

• Like 1

Nice walk in Tyntesfield with the family. Trying to take my mind off it.... who am I kidding... glued to the phone checking every other minute!

15 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

COYR. 

I have been travelling to ahem Germany most weekends. Amazing nowadays that I can be back ready for work on a Wednesday morning!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Riaz said:

Trying to borrow a tele off someone. So i can have derby and city game on at the same time 

Spend the afternoon in Curry's with me! :laugh:

( erm,  'testing'  the  'smart capabilities'  of various TV makes and models... 🤞 for Hesgoals etc)

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Still don’t sodding know if I wanna make the trip for it!

Tits.

Might be able to squeeze you in if that helps you make your mind up.

Let me know. The more the merrier!