IGNORED

Paul Tisdale

harvey54

16 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Promoted with MK Dons. Was always going to be interesting to see how he got on at a bigger club with a few quid to spend.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them do a Luton next season and go up again 

No, Rotherham will be promoted next season. Far too big for league one. GREAT club, i wish them all the best, unlucky to get relegated this season. Fabulous fans, great place, love it

Come on Rotherham, one last game to show you are a great club by turning over Pulis tomorrow.

:laugh:

17 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Promoted with MK Dons. Was always going to be interesting to see how he got on at a bigger club with a few quid to spend.

That league will be a tough one next year. There`s a lot of crap granted but they`ll still have four out of Pompey, Sunderland, Donny, Posh and Charlton along with Ipswich, Rotherham, Bolton (if they still exist) Coventry and Burton and I can see Lincoln tearing things up if they hang on to their manager(s)

18 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Interesting though that Exeter have also had a good season post-Tisdale, only just missing out on the play-offs today.

18 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Based on what? 79 points is a very low points total to be promoted with, and suggests they are nothing special. They aren't exactly a big club, or have much money either. No chance of them being promoted again.

34 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Based on what? 79 points is a very low points total to be promoted with, and suggests they are nothing special. They aren't exactly a big club, or have much money either. No chance of them being promoted again.

Momentum

Luton punched above their weight this season. Plus he will get cash to invest and they've got a good sized stadium 

What Tisdale did at Exeter took a lot of time and planning. Years of building and restructuring their youth system done Exeter wonders.

Regardless of the budget he has done very well to bring MK back up after two poor seasons and I'm sure will have no problems staying up. Given time I feel he could emulate what he did at Exeter but at a higher level.

I’m not convinced MK will get promotion next season. Don’t forget, the favours blue and white quarters are guaranteed one of the automatic places. They’re coming for us!

4 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Momentum

Luton punched above their weight this season. Plus he will get cash to invest and they've got a good sized stadium 

A stadium about two thirds empty most weeks?

Always thought it a strange move from Tis - he clearly is a bit of an outsider in the way he seems to push against the BS in football, yet he ends up at the club who are the logical finishing point for backing cash over fans. It was almost a rebound relationship from ungrateful Exe fans.

Anyway, I hope they achieve nothing next season and in the future.

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

That league will be a tough one next year. There`s a lot of crap granted but they`ll still have four out of Pompey, Sunderland, Donny, Posh and Charlton along with Ipswich, Rotherham, Bolton (if they still exist) Coventry and Burton and I can see Lincoln tearing things up if they hang on to their manager(s)

That's an awful lot of clubs who will be going into next season thinking they are too big for that division. I'd hate to be a minnow club in League 1...who knows what might happen to you?

25 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

That's an awful lot of clubs who will be going into next season thinking they are too big for that division. I'd hate to be a minnow club in League 1...who knows what might happen to you?

Who could you be thinking of?!! A club that puts a tent and pretends it's a stand?

And to think that they actually that Wally had some money. No sign of it so far. Perhaps they could ground share with Dings Crusaders at their new ground at Frenchay. Proper stands look very nice from the M32! 

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Who could you be thinking of?!! A club that puts a tent and pretends it's a stand?

And to think that they actually that Wally had some money. No sign of it so far. Perhaps they could ground share with Dings Crusaders at their new ground at Frenchay. Proper stands look very nice from the M32! 

Surely no real club would have tents?

But seriously. That division is looking more competitive than maybe even the championship next year. Even more than the season we topped it when we had Sheff Utd, MK, and Preston snapping at our heels.

13 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

What Tisdale did at Exeter took a lot of time and planning. Years of building and restructuring their youth system done Exeter wonders.

Regardless of the budget he has done very well to bring MK back up after two poor seasons and I'm sure will have no problems staying up. Given time I feel he could emulate what he did at Exeter but at a higher level.

When he left Exeter the fans had a very low opinion of him.  They felt he took the club so far, but ultimately failed to get them over the finishing line and there was a lot of bad feeling when he left.  

8 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

When he left Exeter the fans had a very low opinion of him.  They felt he took the club so far, but ultimately failed to get them over the finishing line and there was a lot of bad feeling when he left.  

Well some did and tbf he got quite antagonistic to them. The mediocre home form / lack of excitement (sound familiar?!) also didn't help. But Others recognised the massive amount he achieved on and off the pitch - redeveloped ground / training ground and cash raised through bloody youngsters ( again sound familiar?)

Archived