IGNORED

Bobby

Sparkz 76

Out of the big 3 players we let go last summer, Flint, Bryan and Reid, Bobby has proved to be the biggest loss.  Flint and Bryan were seamlessly replaced and you could argue we are now stronger in their positions.  Bobby was pivotal to how we played, no guarantees he would have scored 20 plus this season but I would put money on him scoring a few more than Weimann has returned .  I think losing Bobby (or failure to replace as well as the other 2) probably cost us a playoff place and whilst we’ve improved this season it would have been even more progress with Bobby still up top.  Despite the high finish, with promotion the goal,  his desire to move on has probably ended up costing us a lot this season.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Loves the club, plays exactly to our style, works hard, scores goals, still young and has potential to develop, lovely hair, etc

If we could match his wages im sure he'd seriously consider coming back also but we can't so unfortunately can't see it happening. 

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Dear god.

Of course it goes without saying that his family and friends are the ones who suffered the most, and naturally everyone's thoughts are primarily with them. But I do also believe it's tragic for a football club to suffer such a loss, even though he may not have had the chance to play for them.

I apologise to anyone who found my post insulting.........

Until they have to pay for him where they distance themselves from having actually signed him. I do have sympathy for Warnock and some of the fans in this instance as it's not their input, however as a club I don't think they have handled the situation well.

26 minutes ago, grifty said:

Until they have to pay for him where they distance themselves from having actually signed him. I do have sympathy for Warnock and some of the fans in this instance as it's not their input, however as a club I don't think they have handled the situation well.

This 100%. Not that I ever really respected Cardiff but the way they are trying to scam a few quid off Nantes (whose fans, players and staff are the ones who deserve sympathy as they actually had a relationship with Sala) is really really low.  

Looked very decent on MOTD yesterday.

Took his goal really well, created at least 2 big (which were subsequently missed) chances.

Yes he was better than Weimann but he did start every game which is one factor.

He also generally played in his favoured position ie up front- and happily I think Cardiff missed a trick by shunting him around. Didn't have multiple goals wrongly disallowed either- it all adds up.

Hypothetically something like IMO Camarasa-Reid 4-4-1-1 would've yielded better output from him which would have helped Cardiff over the season- so I'm glad Warnock didn't really deploy it. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Looked very decent on MOTD yesterday.

Took his goal really well, created at least 2 big (which were subsequently missed) chances.

Yes he was better than Weimann but he did start every game which is one factor.

He also generally played in his favoured position ie up front- and happily I think Cardiff missed a trick by shunting him around. Didn't have multiple goals wrongly disallowed either- it all adds up.

Hypothetically something like IMO Camarasa-Reid 4-4-1-1 would've yielded better output from him which would have helped Cardiff over the season- so I'm glad Warnock didn't really deploy it. :laugh:

Imv Reid was never had the quality to be a serious threat in the PL as goalscorer regardless of which position Colin played him. The quality in the PL is far better in all areas of the team than it is in the Championship and why so many promoted clubs come straight back down.

Bryan was exposed by top PL players as well whereas in the Championship he was a very decent left sided player. 

1 hour ago, 50cal said:

Not sure I can ever forgive him for this, tbf.

Bobby-Reid-2.png

What was he supposed to do?

Just become badiffs biggest signing, increased his wages significantly, the PR department are doing a photo shoot and ask him to take a pose, so you think he should say no as I might upset some fans at my old club.

I am sure he will always be BCFC at heart, but footballers by the nature of what they do, mean they can be sold to anyone and as professionals chuck themselves into it.

Would be very happy to see him back, class player

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Imv Reid was never had the quality to be a serious threat in the PL as goalscorer regardless of which position Colin played him. The quality in the PL is far better in all areas of the team than it is in the Championship and why so many promoted clubs come straight back down.

Bryan was exposed by top PL players as well whereas in the Championship he was a very decent left sided player. 

Never thought he would repeat a 20 goal, multiple assist season, stuff like that but at the same time system and style as well as regular chopping and changing of his position didn't help IMO.

Bryan? Better wide left//LWB/LM than left back I think. Someone more conservative behind him can give him a bit more leeway, security.

6 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

What was he supposed to do?

Just become badiffs biggest signing, increased his wages significantly, the PR department are doing a photo shoot and ask him to take a pose, so you think he should say no as I might upset some fans at my old club.

I am sure he will always be BCFC at heart, but footballers by the nature of what they do, mean they can be sold to anyone and as professionals chuck themselves into it.

Would be very happy to see him back, class player

I fully understand the need for him to better himself by plying his trade in the premier league and I too would welcome him back, if i was in his position and was Bristol City through and through i would have kindly refused the pose!

9 hours ago, Colombo Robin said:

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Loves the club, plays exactly to our style, works hard, scores goals, still young and has potential to develop, lovely hair, etc

If we could match his wages im sure he'd seriously consider coming back also but we can't so unfortunately can't see it happening. 

He is no Chris Garland

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

You heard it here first Cardiff scouts, you know nothing.

If the man who bought you “Conference manager: Gary Johnson” (2005 vintage) says Reid isn’t good enough, you better listen.

On 05/05/2019 at 03:05, Wanderingred said:

But I do also believe it's tragic for a football club to suffer such a loss, even though he may not have had the chance to play for them.

They were quick to point out they shouldn't pay any fee, that he wasn't their player etc. No loss to the club, however sad it was to their fans and football in general, the lad meant little to the money men at Cardiff.

On 05/05/2019 at 07:18, General Zod said:

no guarantees he would have scored 20 plus this season but I would put money on him scoring a few more than Weimann has returned .

Probably not if he played on the wing or moved around like Weimann has been. Caught a little of their game the other day, Reid still looks a player , even in that team. Played a few brilliant passes and an excellent finish, not a chance we would pay what they would want. I'd like to see another Poem side come in for him.

29 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

He got £1m signing on fee and they quadrupled his wages to £40k a week 

For that money, I would have stripped naked and tapped my head 

I'd do that for a £1 signing on fee and £40 per week

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

The implication of this article is that Warnock never really saw Bobby as a striker and that he spent so much time on the bench because Camarasa played ahead of him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/05/cardiff-city-neil-warnock-premier-league-relegation

I think he missed a trick personally, Warnock. Glad he did as it's Cardiff and Warnock! :laugh:

Camarasa-Reid in an otherwise fairly solid 4-4-1-1 would've linked up quite well.

All about tradeoffs of course but it would've provided more threat for them and a bit more technical ability in final third. Especially useful for those more winnable games.

I will be booing booby reid next season. Could not of gone to a worse team. Went for greed. Where is morals. The bloke played less than a handful games really. Why else would you go. Xity brought him up. 1year in first team of which he only played well half that season. then *****d off.

On 05/05/2019 at 05:58, TBW said:

We need to get over players that have left us a and stop thinking they're the solution.

He's moved on. We should move on.

I agree with every word you say there - but ... we were very close to getting him back in January - much closer than a lot of people realise ...

56 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

I will be booing booby reid next season. Could not of gone to a worse team. Went for greed. Where is morals. The bloke played less than a handful games really. Why else would you go. Xity brought him up. 1year in first team of which he only played well half that season. then *****d off.

You are going to get dogs abuse for this.

Whilst I agree that losing him after one good season was a bitter pill to swallow since we had kept faith in him for years, I think your anger is misplaced. Greedy agents, overinflated wages thanks to sky, the modern game in general.. the days of John Atyeo are long gone. Players will always chase the big bucks and who can blame them?

I hope nobody boos Bobby next season. He was carrying us for the second half of last season.

6 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Weird reaction. Before you heap all the blame on Bobby Reid, it's worth remembering that Xity chose to sell him....and got £10M for that sale.

And I don't think you can blame Bobby for playing "less than a handful of games". A certain Neil Warnock might have been responsible for that.

If you're going to boo Reid when he plays next season, it might also be worth aiming some anger at every player we've signed and anybody who works for the club.

7 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Most ridiculous post I've seen in a long time. So if you had one great year in your job and were offered a huge pay rise with a competing company you'd say no? There's no way.

Everyone should always be trying to better themselves and their earning potential. Why should footballers be expected to give more loyalty than any other profession? Because we choose to look up to them as role models? That's your fault, not theirs. 

Get over yourself and your frankly, stupid, views on how other people should live. Players may well have been more loyal "back in the day" but the differences in earnings between two contracts then and two contracts now are significantly different. 

The worst bit about your post is the "only played a handful of games" part too. So what? Because he's not played years for us he should be rejecting offers and saying he needs to do his time at the lower level first? Nope. We chose to send him out on loan and not use him for years. He's took his chance and another company took a chance on him, paying him more. He earned us £10m, wgat more do you want from him? Who cares where he went? They've got relegated anyway!

Archived