IGNORED

Celtic.8 on the trot.

Slacker

11 hours ago, Lew-T said:

It irritates me how much coverage Scottish football gets.

It’s beyond gash.

It is indeed dire.

The disproportionate coverage of their leagues seems to delude English clubs' management into thinking that a star player at Cowdenbeath would really light up our league when in reality it's pub football.

The only decent signing from a Scottish team (as opposed to Scots generally which would include Villa's Super Scotty Murray) that comes to mind for the last twenty years is Paul Hartley and he was only here one season.

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It is indeed dire.

The disproportionate coverage of their leagues seems to delude English clubs' management into thinking that a star player at Cowdenbeath would really light up our league when in reality it's pub football.

The only decent signing from a Scottish team (as opposed to Scots generally which would include Villa's Super Scotty Murray) that comes to mind for the last twenty years is Paul Hartley and he was only here one season.

We signed LJ from Hearts ...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, including yourself - as you post on every thread about Scottish football - so you are interested ....

What is about ‘ Scottish football is crap’ that you don’t understand?

I guess the point is that why oh why is there threads on here about the SPL? 

This is a football forum ffs............:facepalm:

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What is about ‘ Scottish football is crap’ that you don’t understand?

I guess the point is that why oh why is there threads on here about the SPL? 

This is a football forum ffs............:facepalm:

There ain’t a division or league called the SPL ... and you’ve even started threads on here about Scottish football - so you have an interest.

I haven’t commented on whether Scottish football is ‘crap’ or not - I’ve just commented on why you post on every thread about Scottish football despite having ‘no interest’ - and, as I said, you’ve even started threads on Scottish football ....

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Bristol City.......football per se....... all my relatives........bowls........music........Indian food...........my buddies........I could go on and on but I won’t.......

So if an ex-City player opened an Indian restaurant then you would be interested in what an ex player does after he leaves Ashton Gate, but if he doesn't open an Indian restaurant and instead signs for Barcelona and takes the world by storm then your reaction would be that you don't give a fig?

With Rangers back in 2nd, maybe over the next few years they will reel Celtic in and make it a bit more interesting.

IMO, there are not games I enjoy watching more (outside City & England) than Celtic v Rangers - always has controversy and an interesting passionate game. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There ain’t a division or league called the SPL ... and you’ve even started threads on here about Scottish football - so you have an interest.

I haven’t commented on whether Scottish football is ‘crap’ or not - I’ve just commented on why you post on every thread about Scottish football despite having ‘no interest’ - and, as I said, you’ve even started threads on Scottish football ....

If I have then it was only to take the piss out of the SPL and their national team.............:rofl2br:

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Bristol City.......football per se....... all my relatives........bowls........music........Indian food...........my buddies........I could go on and on but I won’t.......

“I could go on and on but I won’t..... “.

Any chance you could apply this philosophy to OTIB posts in general?

8 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

So if an ex-City player opened an Indian restaurant then you would be interested in what an ex player does after he leaves Ashton Gate.

I can’t think of any Indian footballers that played for City and anyway only those of Asian origin know how to prepare authentic Indian food.

4 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I've just realized that if you put a row of z's on here it automatically defaults to I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!. Obviously done to nullify the great Robbored.

There is a way around it but I use emojis these days.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

The SPL has always been a two horse race and largely why their national team is so crap. 

Personally I couldn't give two shits for Scottish football.

Their national team wasnt always as crap, it is currently a shambles. They used to produce top quality players (Strachan, Daglish, Souness, Nicholas, McCoist) and it was a two horse race then so something else must be the factor behind that.

2 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Their national team wasnt always as crap, it is currently a shambles. They used to produce top quality players (Strachan, Daglish, Souness, Nicholas, McCoist) and it was a two horse race then so something else must be the factor behind that.

All of those moved south to ply their skills in a proper competitive league and most were a success and that reflects poorly on the quality of football north of the border.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

All of those moved south to ply their skills in a proper competitive league and most were a success and that reflects poorly on the quality of football north of the border.

Rubbish. Strachan played his first 10 years in Scotland in a great Aberdeen side.

McCoist spent 90% of his career with Rangers in a team that did well in Europe.

Nicholas played some of his best football at Celtic either side of a Arsenal stint.

Daglish was a great player at Celtic for years BEFORE moving to Liverpool.

How you can be so arrogant about a subject that by your own emissions you don't care about...

12 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Rubbish. Strachan played his first 10 years in Scotland in a great Aberdeen side.

Nicholas played some of his best football at Celtic either side of a Arsenal stint.

How you can be so arrogant about a subject that by your own emissions you don't care about...

Brilliant autocorrect.Emissions is the perfect word to describe a lot of the guff that RR comes out with.

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

Celtic and Rangers both reached UEFA cup finals in the 00s as well. The league in my opinion has collapsed since Rangers folded and they no longer have the ability to attract good foreign players as even low premier League teams can pay more in wages.

It was Setanta folding, not Rangers, that caused the problem.

2 hours ago, Neutral said:

Because he's a contrarian, shit stirring blowhard. Luckily no-one gives a flying **** what he thinks.

2 hours ago, Neutral said:

Jeez.........:disapointed2se:

You’re completely missing my point......The players you mentioned were decent in the poor quality Scottish league - of course they impressed as they were playing against bang average opposition pretty much every game.

They knew that and wanted to prove themselves in the far tougher English leagues and most of them did really well when they moved south.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Jeez.........:disapointed2se:

You’re completely missing my point......The players you mentioned were decent in the poor quality Scottish league - of course they impressed as they were playing against bang average opposition pretty much every game.

They knew that and wanted to prove themselves in the far tougher English leagues and most of them did really well when they moved south.

If the league was so poor then how did 

A) they produce such good players in the first place

B) see Aberdeen, rangers and Celtic find success or challenge in Europe - sometimes beating English teams.

22 hours ago, Slacker said:

What a proud day for Celtic.Eighth time on the spin for the Annual Scottish one horse race.Are any Celtic fans honestly celebrating this "acheivment"?I actually feel sorry for Scottish fans as it really seems that they are losing out on decent competitive football.

I liken it to winning the Checkatrade Trophy Final against West Ham Under 23s.

What is the point in celebrating it? It’s hardly an achievement beating a load of piss poor pub teams about 8 times a season?

Garbage.

That’s why Brendan Rodgers ****** off to mid-table Leicester.

They might as well scrap Scottish Football altogether. It’s almost on par with the League of Wales these days where they are dancing in the streets of TNS.

Archived