IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day 46

Septic Peg

In the immortal words of God aka Alanis Morrisette; "Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?"

The final game of the regular season had to be Hull, the same team that finalised things for us in "that season" years ago.

Dean Windass, the man who changed it all, will no doubt, make a few bob being a co-commentator for BBC Radio Humberside or by writing it up for his column in the Hull Daily Mail rag. Expect to see his mug somewhere on social media.

Nigel Adkins promises to field a strong side today. Jarrod Bowen will undoubtedly feature as their top scorer with 22 goals this season. He will probably play alongside Kamil Grosicki or Nouha Dicko.

Rumours abound that Hull are having financial issues, especially with the info that Nigel Adkins will be OOC himself, it could potentially mean that Hull will be manager-less sometime over the summer. Perhaps if the rumours are true we could pick up a few bargains of our own. Announce shrewd negotiation MA.

I can't think of anything else to write here so I'm gonna wrap this up. Shout out to @havanatopia who will hopefully be back next season and also a shout out to the guys and gals doing the Bristol 10k today, including a certain @CyderInACan. Don't forget the vaseline.

I'm purposefully not mentioning anything further for fear of jinxing but I do know loads of City fans have trebles of West Brom, Rov and us. I have a Hull win. Never bet on City. Never.

So with that said. Until next time... ?

COYRS!

To get to the last day of the season still with a chance (however slim) of the play-offs is nothing short of sensational.

All credit to the players, managers, and the fans.

Such a quality season from all concerned, and now let's enjoy the last day of twists and turns and see if we finish with the perfect 3 results.

If it happens for us today, God is a City fan, at last!

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

24 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

In the immortal words of God aka Alanis Morrisette; "Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?"

The final game of the regular season had to be Hull, the same team that finalised things for us in "that season" years ago.

Dean Windass, the man who changed it all, will no doubt, make a few bob being a co-commentator for BBC Radio Humberside or by writing it up for his column in the Hull Daily Mail rag. Expect to see his mug somewhere on social media.

Nigel Adkins promises to field a strong side today. Jarrod Bowen will undoubtedly feature as their top scorer with 22 goals this season. He will probably play alongside Kamil Grosicki or Nouha Dicko.

Rumours abound that Hull are having financial issues, especially with the info that Nigel Adkins will be OOC himself, it could potentially mean that Hull will be manager-less sometime over the summer. Perhaps if the rumours are true we could pick up a few bargains of our own. Announce shrewd negotiation MA.

I can't think of anything else to write here so I'm gonna wrap this up. Shout out to @havanatopia who will hopefully be back next season and also a shout out to the guys and gals doing the Bristol 10k today, including a certain @CyderInACan. Don't forget the vaseline.

I'm purposefully not mentioning anything further for fear of jinxing but I do know loads of City fans have trebles of West Brom, Rov and us. I have a Hull win. Never bet on City. Never.

COYRS!

'ere we go, 'ere we go 'ere we go…

Listening online to Radio Bristol and following updates on here too. :tv_horror:

COYRs

@CyderInACan Go Reg! 

I don’t many of us expected to be in this position at the start of the season and less so a week ago. Huge credit to the players and management in having us in contention at the last game.

Its an extremely tough ask, I do think we’ll win today, it’s whether the other two results go for us.

As @Septic Peg says a few Hull players will be looking to leave in the summer. A few hard challenges in the first minutes and see how much Hull fancy today.

We’re Bristol City we always believe, if there is any day for believing it’s today  

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Hoping today’s line up is this, assuming Hunt is out.

Max
Wright.   Kalas Webster Dasilva
Elliason Brownhill  Pack. Paterson
                  Palmer
               Diedhiou

We have to get Paterson in the game, his form at the end of the season has been fantastic 

36 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

COYRS!

Indeed....wouldn't mind to see Bowen in Red next season...

Will likely be the red of Southampton though sadly...

17 minutes ago, daored said:

I don’t many of us expected to be in this position at the start of the season and less so a week ago. Huge credit to the players and management in having us in contention at the last game.

Its an extremely tough ask, I do think we’ll win today, it’s whether the other two results go for us.

As @Septic Peg says a few Hull players will be looking to leave in the summer. A few hard challenges in the first minutes and see how much Hull fancy today.

We’re Bristol City we always believe, if there is any day for believing it’s today  

We have to get Paterson in the game, his form at the end of the season has been fantastic 

Would go the fluid 4-3-3 from the off today..

Fammy with Weimann 'up top,Palmer on a roamer just in behind....

Max

Hunt.     Kalas.    Webby.   DaSilva.

Elliason.     Brownhill.     Paterson.

Palmer

Fammy.       Weimann.

All out attack.....shit or bust....

20 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Would go the fluid 4-3-3 from the off today..

Fammy with Weimann 'up top,Palmer on a roamer just in behind....

Max

Hunt.     Kalas.    Webby.   DaSilva.

Elliason.     Brownhill.     Paterson.

Palmer

Fammy.       Weimann.

All out attack.....shit or bust....

Is Hunt fit?

I think Johnson will go with Elliason and Weismann on the flanks with Paterson behind Fam. He won’t drop Pack 

Good Afternoon to all (Morning there, I know) I think we are expecting a lot to see City get into the playoffs today, but who knows football is so unpredictable and so there is always a chance, as long as we win of course.  Will be listening in to RB as usual and keeping my eye on the forum at the same time, so let's hope we get revenge for the 2008 disappointment and see Hull off.  My regards to all travelling at the very early time and hope you all have a happy return home with the results we need.  COYR's

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

COYRS!

One of my brushes with fame ; I slept with Alanis in Patagonia. 

Well we shared an intimate dormitory.

I have never slept with Dean Windass .

I take these as being signs .

Anyway the Gods of football are rubbing their hands together and trying to decide where to make dreams come true so we just have to wait and see . For the record your Godships we’ve never played in the Prem yet , how about it ? 

Many thanks to you Peg and all the OTIB family , let’s hope that today isn’t the last match day thread of the season.

Bless you all .

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

To get to the last day of the season still with a chance (however slim) of the play-offs is nothing short of sensational.

All credit to the players, managers, and the fans.

Such a quality season from all concerned, and now let's enjoy the last day of twists and turns and see if we finish with the perfect 3 results.

If it happens for us today, God is a City fan, at last!

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What if God was one of us ...

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

One of my brushes with fame ; I slept with Alanis in Patagonia. 

Well we shared an intimate dormitory.

I have never slept with Dean Windass .

I take these as being signs .

Anyway the Gods of football are rubbing their hands together and trying to decide where to make dreams come true so we just have to wait and see . For the record your Godships we’ve never played in the Prem yet , how about it ? 

Many thanks to you Peg and all the OTIB family , let’s hope that today isn’t the last match day thread of the season.

Bless you all .

So it’s your fault she’s anti-men!!

All we can do is beat Hull the rest is not in our hands. We need to take the game to the tigers and dictate the play. What ever division we are in next year we need to invest well in the playing squad to compete well as I feel next year is the weakest the championship has been for a few seasons and with clubs close to breaking FFP rules it’s the perfect time to spend well.

COYR

This is a win-win situation.

If results don't go our way, then nothing lost, we've done incredibly well to get to where we are considering the players we lost and none of us really expected to get promoted.

If they do, then we're in the ******* playoffs.

The lads have done us proud either way.

Archived