IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day 46

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I did say it was an awful miss. 

If he scores the winner today, and other results turn in our favour, you'll be back to giving Fam the plaudits. You really should just give it a rest though, as your constant whining about Fam is just embarrassing. 

When did I last whine about him? 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Change the shit record will ya 

I don't understand the aggression towards a valid point, between our home form and lack of quality strikers we've missed out on yet another chance to go into the play-offs. It's all good and well wanting to stay positive but there is a difference between optimism and blind optimism. 

If we want to get into the play offs we need a big game, prolific striker. Fammy is a great supporting striker but he's never going to a lone striker of a team who get promotion.

Just now, Spike said:

I don't understand the aggression towards a valid point, between our home form and lack of quality strikers we've missed out on yet another chance to go into the play-offs. It's all good and well wanting to stay positive but there is a difference between optimism and blind optimism. 

If we want to get into the play offs we need a big game, prolific striker. Fammy is a great supporting striker but he's never going to a lone striker of a team who get promotion.

Don’t need to splash the cash though

Will always split opinion Diedhiou, and those who don’t travel away won’t be as complimentary of him as a football as he’s much better suited to our game away from home.

I think 5m looks about fair for him. We need a good striker in the summer though, some proper quality like we’ve had in the past with Maynard, Kodjia, Reid, Abraham etc.

There’s a lot that needs moving on as well, on some significant wages. I love Baker but he’s one, Wright another, Watkins also and several others.

Not today that’s finished us though, that was last week.

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Just missing that finishing touch, 2 or 3 sitters gone begging.

At this point I just want Derby to fck it up, such an overrated lucky team. Id rather Pulis made it than fat Fwank

Both sides average. 

Jury’s out for me on Palmer , Johnson hasn’t started him in many games ,coming on in cameos , doing well when he comes on , but why doesn’t  he start ? 

Again another player with potential, this time for £4 million , we have lots of players already brought for potential , maybe playing well today , but I wouldn’t base a signing against a team with nothing to play for

more important would be Kalas and da Silva  

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

Will always split opinion Diedhiou, and those who don’t travel away won’t be as complimentary of him as a football as he’s much better suited to our game away from home.

I think 5m looks about fair for him. We need a good striker in the summer though, some proper quality like we’ve had in the past with Maynard, Kodjia, Reid, Abraham etc.

There’s a lot that needs moving on as well, on some significant wages. I love Baker but he’s one, Wright another, Watkins also and several others.

Not today that’s finished us though, that was last week.

I agree he divides opinion....I would argue there is better value though. 5mil does seem steep even in today market.

Agree baker wright Watkins to go.....add in o dowda and Taylor to that list

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Diedhiou........

Dreadful, the players must be so pissed off with all these chances they create only for him to **** it up.

So...the usual suspects even before half time are again turning in on the players again. Sort it out, really is a shambles.

Just now, Super said:

Disgrace really that he hasnt played more.

LJ said not long back  that Palmer still had to learn/adapt to Citys ‘identity’ - whatever that is........:dunno:

Clearly LJ is happier with him now and trusts that Palmer has finally adapted sufficiently to get a start.

29 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If you didn't ever watch us and only read the matchday threads on here, you'd be forgiven for thinking we were at the bottom of the table.

The comments by a certain few individuals on matchday threads are nothing short of pathetic.

First half thoughts.....Hull actually seem hungrier than us, losing Webster so early on was a big blow, Fammy should have scored at least one, from the two gilt-edged chances he’s had, although I think he was offside for the one that he headed onto the bar, Palmer is providing some creativity and Wright is looking vulnerable. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

As a winger Weimann is overrated imo. Yes he is very good on his day, but for a winger he is so wasteful and hasn't got a trick. Wright clearly not a right back and that side is pretty poor going forward really, and Wright too slow with Grosicki going at him.

Grosicki played well at Ashton gate he looks the type of winger we need

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Don’t need to splash the cash though

It depends what you consider splash the cash, if we're talking £15m striker then no we probably don't as that would unbalance us but the chances of finding that quality of striker for anything less than £5m seems highly unlikely.
I'd be genuinely interested to see the last time we paid a permanent fee for a striker that wasn't deemed underwhelming in the Championship. Fammy is decent enough but he's not a game changer and at £5m we've paid an acceptable fee but the only stand out strikers we've had in the Championship recently was a product of our youth system and a Chelsea loan. We either need another great loan striker or we're going to have to actually invest a good fee at the very least if we genuinely want to compete for a play off spot.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJ said not long back  that Palmer still had to learn/adapt to Citys ‘identity’ - whatever that is........:dunno:

Clearly LJ is happier with him now and trusts that Palmer has finally adapted sufficiently to get a start.

Or LJ knows he’s played very well in the last few games, and is our only creative spark in a must win game 

1 minute ago, kivsy said:

Jury’s out for me on Palmer , Johnson hasn’t started him in many games ,coming on in cameos , doing well when he comes on , but why doesn’t  he start ? 

Again another player with potential, this time for £4 million , we have lots of players already brought for potential 

more important would be Kalas and da Silva  

I’ll be controversial here , I’d rather sign Campbell than Kalas.

KC is a big talent and is still very young , he has room to improve his consistency. He has the skills to go to the very top and we are crying out for creativity in our midfield.

Kalas is an immense talent and if he’s not going to take up all our transfer kitty then I’d like to keep him .

However , I believe Kelly and Webster are more than decent for a first choice centre back pairing next season . 

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

HT 0-0. One good chance and another absolute sitter missed by Fammy. Palmer best player on the pitch, Pato playing well too. Weimann offering nothing going forward, but has helped out Bailey Wright who once again looks a poor option at RB.

To be fair we are struggling to play from the right because our RB is not giving him anything when we have the ball. 

We look fine down the left because our LB can play. 

Its not Wright’s fault. He’s a CB. 

3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

First half thoughts.....Hull actually seem hungrier than us, losing Webster so early on was a big blow, Fammy should have scored at least one, from the two gilt-edged chances he’s had, although I think he was offside for the one that he headed onto the bar, Palmer is providing some creativity and Wright is looking vulnerable. 

Wtf? That's unacceptable

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

It depends what you consider splash the cash, if we're talking £15m striker then no we probably don't as that would unbalance us but the chances of finding that quality of striker for anything less than £5m seems highly unlikely.
I'd be genuinely interested to see the last time we paid a permanent fee for a striker that wasn't deemed underwhelming in the Championship. Fammy is decent enough but he's not a game changer and at £5m we've paid an acceptable fee but the only stand out strikers we've had in the Championship recently was a product of our youth system and a Chelsea loan. We either need another great loan striker or we're going to have to actually invest a good fee at the very least if we genuinely want to compete for a play off spot.

The challange is, and always has been, that a £15m striker also comes with the wage demands to match. It kind of is what it is, for the proven scorer we will always be outbid. 

Archived