IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day 46

Septic Peg

Well that's that then. Massively disappointing to end up like it has, considering how it could have been had we invested properly in January and actually bought a forward 

I'd like to say I hope we don't make the same mistakes next season but I have very little faith in the owner and the people in charge at the top.

Well done to the players on what they achieved. Shame the board didn't give them the support they needed

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

I say fair play to Derby. With a tough run-in, they rose to the challenge and got the job done. We, on the other hand, buckled, failing to win two out of our last three crucial games, one of which was against a team who had nothing to play for (Hull). Sums up the season for me - bit meh in the end.

Anything but meh imo. 

Really excited to see what we do next year if we strengthen correctly 

30 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Owers says weak reffing, allowing the linesman to make the decision.  Linesman was 70 yds away ref was 10 yds away and can't make the decision.

The problem is Owers is talking bollocks, the Lino is 35 yards away for a start, and the clue re the person who made the decision is the ‘assistant’ referee. In other words he is doing his job, because it was controlled by the hand, tough one but the correct decision.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Bit rich for you to moan about others in meltdown. You haven’t been in anything other than that all season......

My comments have related to all the usual suspects, namely quality of coaching, quality of leadership on the pitch, quality of players, and above all the owner.  I stand by these comments, only sorry I was not proved wrong - although I never realistically expected to be.

Let's hope some of the issues holding us back will be addressed before start of next season. But I for one won't be holding my breath.

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I say fair play to Derby. With a tough run-in, they rose to the challenge and got the job done. We, on the other hand, buckled, failing to win two out of our last three crucial games, one of which was against a team who had nothing to play for (Hull). Sums up the season for me - bit meh in the end.

Derby had the best run in of the lot with about 15 games left mate. Bolton, Rotherham, Wigan etc all at home.

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Well that's that then. Massively disappointing to end up like it has, considering how it could have been had we invested properly in January and actually bought a forward 

I'd like to say I hope we don't make the same mistakes next season but I have very little faith in the owner and the people in charge at the top.

Well done to the players on what they achieved. Shame the board didn't give them the support they needed

Yeh if only Lansdown had gone and spent 10 million plus on a new striker. 

Did wonders for the likes of Middlesbrough and Stoke that... 

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Sorry I can’t be magnanimous Regards FLDC as stated previously they have had so many refereeing decisions go their way plus they cheated FFP

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The problem is Owers is talking bollocks, the Lino is 35 yards away for a start, and the clue re the person who made the decision is the ‘assistant’ referee. In other words he is doing his job, because it was controlled by the hand, tough one but the correct decision.

Are you there?

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

My comments have related to all the usual suspects, namely quality of coaching, quality of leadership on the pitch, quality of players, and above all the owner.  I stand by these comments, only sorry I was not proved wrong - although I never realistically expected to be.

Let's hope some of the issues holding us back will be addressed before start of next season. But I for one won't be holding my breath.

Imagine how dreadful all the coaches, owners and players must be at all the clubs that finished below us though.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Its a big 'if' isn't it 

Maybe for you, but then again you'll refuse to see anything positive in anything... 

Personally I trust LJ, especially considering how right he's got it in the past

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yeh if only Lansdown had gone and spent 10 million plus on a new striker. 

Did wonders for the likes of Middlesbrough and Stoke that... 

Yep it’s not that simple BUT up front and centre mid HAS to be improved for us to take the next step forward.....

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Right. I'm off for a pint. If you can guess which pub I'm in, I'll buy you a pint....

Is it the Fringe in Clifton? If so, wear a Carnation or carry a copy of the Times so I can accost you.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Yep it’s not that simple BUT up front and centre mid HAS to be improved for us to take the next step forward.....

Definitely, and either keeping hold of kalas or bringing in somebody just as good as well

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

So those in meltdown over ref today are now proved wrong. 

Get over questioning refs and concentrate on our own game plan (always assuming we had one!)

Spot on, there are a lot of paranoid people on this forum who can’t accept decisions by officials, they never question decisions that go our way, but can’t accept decisions that go against us.  I get that people are bias because it’s a City forum, but come on, all the officials are neutral and give what they see at the time.

Get over it, the only ones to blame for not ‘already’ having a play off place are ourselves. Two seasons running we have been in a very strong position and let it get away from us. 

6 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yes, unfortunately they are in a good position formwise and in confidence.  I can see them doing it.

If they do that still leaves Villa in the shit over FFP, but I doubt the EFL will do anything about it.

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Can we stop this nonsense once and for all.  Referees are human and mistakes are made as they always have been.  However on numerous occasions Otib members have complained of mistakes when there were no mistakes.

If you want someone to blame for our failure to make playoffs there are plenty of choices nearer to home. Scouting staff, head coach, owner, captain, players. Take your choice.  City need to address these problems before siding with fans to blame the ref.

But you can’t deny that some shambolic reffing decisions have affected our season?

Well what a fantastic season that was we have come so far as a club in a short time we have a fantastic owner incredible stadium and facilites crowds topping 20k a talented young team needing 2 or 3 quality additions topped of with a young ambitious english coach the futre is very very bright and i for one cannot wait for next season coyr

Archived