IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day 46

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Coach and Horses

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Is it the Fringe in Clifton? If so, wear a Carnation or carry a copy of the Times so I can accost you.

:laugh:

I'll make it easier. I can see the sea. :laughcont:

Let's be happy. It's been a remarkable season after losing what were supposed to be our three best players, replacing them with better and finishing higher in the league for many a year. And as for those 3 players, 2 of them in relegated teams and the other in a team that failed to get promotion; just like us!

The only thing I enjoyed this afternoon was the Richard Keogh post match interview. My elderly mother in law said “Is he talking English?” I had to tell her that I didn’t really know 

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

No, but I have seen the incident several times, the width of the pitch at Hull is 70 metres, meaning the Lino is 35 away from the incident, he had a clear side on view of the handball.

And so did Owers and he probably had a better view than you and not being disrespectful, he usually talks a hell of a lot more of sense than some other co commentators.

2 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

But you can’t deny that some shambolic reffing decisions have affected our season?

The only decision I can question is the Villa penalty, they happen, get over it. 

We let the season slip away for the second year running, no one else.

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Spot on, there are a lot of paranoid people on this forum who can’t accept decisions by officials, they never question decisions that go our way, but can’t accept decisions that go against us.  I get that people are bias because it’s a City forum, but come on, all the officials are neutral and give what they see at the time.

Get over it, the only ones to blame for not ‘already’ having a play off place are ourselves. Two seasons running we have been in a very strong position and let it get away from us. 

Referees aren't the reason we haven't gone up or reached the playoffs.

That doesn't mean we can't be critical of shocking decisions.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

As long as we remember that on other fans' forums the same comments are being made

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

And so did Owers and he probably had a better view than you and not being disrespectful, he usually talks a hell of a lot more of sense than some other co commentators.

Owers on radio Bristol watched the handball four times on different replays, then admitted it was handball. He then ranted that the linesman shouldn’t get involved?

He’s the assistant referee ffs, it’s his job. 

The only decision I can question is the Villa penalty, they happen, get over it. 

We let the season slip away for the second year running, no one else.

Quite right, to many bad results, especially at home. If you want promotion you can't afford to give away so many home points, it's only our great away record that got us anywhere near the playoffs!

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

But these ‘shocking decisions’ are only shocking decisions by people on here that are not referees! 

I really don't get hiw anyone was fanciful enough to expect the results tp be different today.

A point away at Hull is actually very respectable. The real opportunities were a few games at the Gate.

8th is a really good achievement, only slight progress but progress all the same. 

Shame we weren't just that little bit better.

16 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Maybe for you, but then again you'll refuse to see anything positive in anything... 

Personally I trust LJ, especially considering how right he's got it in the past

You may want to read the the post I put up the other day. 

LJ wants backing....and needs it. More importantly....deserves it 

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

The challange is, and always has been, that a £15m striker also comes with the wage demands to match. It kind of is what it is, for the proven scorer we will always be outbid. 

Whihc is exactly why I said I don't think that's realistic, however this idea that we'll find a super striker without splashing some cash is madness. I mean Fammy is a mid-level championship striker and still cost us £5m, we're going to need to pay one way or another or it'll just be a gamble each season whether we've managed to get the right players at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

But these ‘shocking decisions’ are only shocking decisions by people on here that are not referees! 

No.

They are shocking decisions according to the referee's assessors, given we've had apologies about them.

15 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Well that's that then. Massively disappointing to end up like it has, considering how it could have been had we invested properly in January and actually bought a forward 

I'd like to say I hope we don't make the same mistakes next season but I have very little faith in the owner and the people in charge at the top.

Well done to the players on what they achieved. Shame the board didn't give them the support they needed

I absolutely agree with you. This is the reason we just miss out each season. The owner should admit he wants us to stay outside of the premier league and he does not want the hassle, preferring to stay challenging in the football league Fair enough - but just tell it as it is and stop playing with real fans emotions. 

Owers on radio Bristol watched the handball four times on different replays, then admitted it was handball. He then ranted that the linesman shouldn’t get involved?

He’s the assistant referee ffs, it’s his job. 

Well you know better than a seasoned player and manager who was there, if you heard what he said after he saw the replay, "the ball was struck straight to hand Elliason couldn't get out of the way.  We know he's the assistant ref and it's his job FFS, but he can make mistakes. It was all down to the man with the flag and I personally think that the ref made up for it by allowing our goal,  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it, you stick to yours!

Watched the game and IMO we need to upgrade on Pack & Wright as a starting point. Kelly also does not fill me with buckets of confidence. Also, can't understand this mentality of taking free kicks quickly to try and catch the opposition out. Sometimes you need to slow things down and let your team mates get back in position and catch their breath. Will be an interesting summer.

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You may want to read the the post I put up the other day. 

LJ wants backing....and needs it. More importantly....deserves it  

Agreed, but while we have an owner who won't pay the wages to get a striker who can score goals and a creative midfield player, then it won't happen.

Mixed feelings.

On the one hand, we improved our final place in the table, but on the other, slipping out of the PO remains a great chance missed.

Shame for some point thrown away, rage for the impact of refereeings in the final part of this playoff race...but it's football!

COYR!

Archived