Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day 46

Recommended Posts

Well what a fantastic season that was we have come so far as a club in a short time we have a fantastic owner incredible stadium and facilites crowds topping 20k a talented young team needing 2 or 3 quality additions topped of with a young ambitious english coach the futre is very very bright and i for one cannot wait for next season coyr

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

4 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Coach and Horses

 

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Is it the Fringe in Clifton? If so, wear a Carnation or carry a copy of the Times so I can accost you.

:laugh:

I'll make it easier. I can see the sea. :laughcont:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Are you there?

No, but I have seen the incident several times, the width of the pitch at Hull is 70 metres, meaning the Lino is 35 away from the incident, he had a clear side on view of the handball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be happy. It's been a remarkable season after losing what were supposed to be our three best players, replacing them with better and finishing higher in the league for many a year. And as for those 3 players, 2 of them in relegated teams and the other in a team that failed to get promotion; just like us!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

One selling Pints Red ?👍

Yep. Now all you have to do is find me. I'll get yours in now...  :drunk2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I enjoyed this afternoon was the Richard Keogh post match interview. My elderly mother in law said “Is he talking English?” I had to tell her that I didn’t really know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

No, but I have seen the incident several times, the width of the pitch at Hull is 70 metres, meaning the Lino is 35 away from the incident, he had a clear side on view of the handball.

And so did Owers and he probably had a better view than you and not being disrespectful, he usually talks a hell of a lot more of sense than some other co commentators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

But you can’t deny that some shambolic reffing decisions have affected our season?

The only decision I can question is the Villa penalty, they happen, get over it. 

We let the season slip away for the second year running, no one else.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Spot on, there are a lot of paranoid people on this forum who can’t accept decisions by officials, they never question decisions that go our way, but can’t accept decisions that go against us.  I get that people are bias because it’s a City forum, but come on, all the officials are neutral and give what they see at the time.

Get over it, the only ones to blame for not ‘already’ having a play off place are ourselves. Two seasons running we have been in a very strong position and let it get away from us. 

Referees aren't the reason we haven't gone up or reached the playoffs.

That doesn't mean we can't be critical of shocking decisions.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Referees aren't the reason we haven't gone up or reached the playoffs.

That doesn't mean we can't be critical of shocking decisions.

As long as we remember that on other fans' forums the same comments are being made

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

And so did Owers and he probably had a better view than you and not being disrespectful, he usually talks a hell of a lot more of sense than some other co commentators.

Owers on radio Bristol watched the handball four times on different replays, then admitted it was handball. He then ranted that the linesman shouldn’t get involved😂

He’s the assistant referee ffs, it’s his job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

The only decision I can question is the Villa penalty, they happen, get over it. 

We let the season slip away for the second year running, no one else.

Quite right, to many bad results, especially at home. If you want promotion you can't afford to give away so many home points, it's only our great away record that got us anywhere near the playoffs!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Referees aren't the reason we haven't gone up or reached the playoffs.

That doesn't mean we can't be critical of shocking decisions.

But these ‘shocking decisions’ are only shocking decisions by people on here that are not referees! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yeh if only Lansdown had gone and spent 10 million plus on a new striker. 

Did wonders for the likes of Middlesbrough and Stoke that... 

Boro have got a great striker. Just a shit manager 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't get hiw anyone was fanciful enough to expect the results tp be different today.

A point away at Hull is actually very respectable. The real opportunities were a few games at the Gate.

8th is a really good achievement, only slight progress but progress all the same. 

Shame we weren't just that little bit better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another season wasted , for a non parachute payment club our resources matched the top 3 . 2 of those finished below us last year one a place above . We are a couple points better off than last season , let in 2 less scored less too . 60 players signed and still no semblance of strategy in playing style and transfer approach. We lost 3 players but signed others on superior wages . Reid was not replaced as the Weimann signing did not work out as planned . That was the damage .  The vast majority of clubs get promoted within 2 seasons of a new coach arriving . 

LJ has to start delivering he has now finished his apprenticeship.

the hard luck stories or excuses or even the acceptance of failure will not get the club to Prem . Sheffield Inited above all debunk all of that .

The club , LJ need to be more focused , have clarity of mission and not deviate from it or the realisation that LJ is not the person to take the club forward will become more evident . 

Enjoy the summer 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Maybe for you, but then again you'll refuse to see anything positive in anything... 

Personally I trust LJ, especially considering how right he's got it in the past

You may want to read the the post I put up the other day. 

LJ wants backing....and needs it. More importantly....deserves it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cityexile said:

The challange is, and always has been, that a £15m striker also comes with the wage demands to match. It kind of is what it is, for the proven scorer we will always be outbid. 

Whihc is exactly why I said I don't think that's realistic, however this idea that we'll find a super striker without splashing some cash is madness. I mean Fammy is a mid-level championship striker and still cost us £5m, we're going to need to pay one way or another or it'll just be a gamble each season whether we've managed to get the right players at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

But these ‘shocking decisions’ are only shocking decisions by people on here that are not referees! 

No.

They are shocking decisions according to the referee's assessors, given we've had apologies about them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Well that's that then. Massively disappointing to end up like it has, considering how it could have been had we invested properly in January and actually bought a forward 

I'd like to say I hope we don't make the same mistakes next season but I have very little faith in the owner and the people in charge at the top.

Well done to the players on what they achieved. Shame the board didn't give them the support they needed

I absolutely agree with you. This is the reason we just miss out each season. The owner should admit he wants us to stay outside of the premier league and he does not want the hassle, preferring to stay challenging in the football league Fair enough - but just tell it as it is and stop playing with real fans emotions. 

  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Owers on radio Bristol watched the handball four times on different replays, then admitted it was handball. He then ranted that the linesman shouldn’t get involved😂

He’s the assistant referee ffs, it’s his job. 

Well you know better than a seasoned player and manager who was there, if you heard what he said after he saw the replay, "the ball was struck straight to hand Elliason couldn't get out of the way.  We know he's the assistant ref and it's his job FFS, but he can make mistakes. It was all down to the man with the flag and I personally think that the ref made up for it by allowing our goal,  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it, you stick to yours!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the game and IMO we need to upgrade on Pack & Wright as a starting point. Kelly also does not fill me with buckets of confidence. Also, can't understand this mentality of taking free kicks quickly to try and catch the opposition out. Sometimes you need to slow things down and let your team mates get back in position and catch their breath. Will be an interesting summer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any giveaways from the 3 loanees at FT? Any waves or anything? Tomlin you could tell wanted to sign with kissing the badge and such, was a massive giveaway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You may want to read the the post I put up the other day. 

LJ wants backing....and needs it. More importantly....deserves it  

Agreed, but while we have an owner who won't pay the wages to get a striker who can score goals and a creative midfield player, then it won't happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Boro have got a great striker. Just a shit manager 

Managers can't do anything about boro's 'great strikers' miss' today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixed feelings.

On the one hand, we improved our final place in the table, but on the other, slipping out of the PO remains a great chance missed.

Shame for some point thrown away, rage for the impact of refereeings in the final part of this playoff race...but it's football!

COYR!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mozo said:

I really don't get hiw anyone was fanciful enough to expect the results tp be different today.

A point away at Hull is actually very respectable. The real opportunities were a few games at the Gate.

8th is a really good achievement, only slight progress but progress all the same. 

Shame we weren't just that little bit better.

Agree with that with the exception that I expected more from WBA.

Just need a bit more quality up front, a goalkeeper (although I'd be happy with Maenpaa and Frankie as backup) and the Chelsea lads to sign up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Agreed, but while we have an owner who won't pay the wages to get a striker who can score goals and a creative midfield player, then it won't happen.

Perhaps he needs to get wise. Sell the ground to the club for £1 then buy it back on the same day for £80m. That sort of thing gets you into the playoffs - just.

We know the EFL thinks that kind of thing is fine. Though I'd better check the small print, it might say it only applies if your manager is a famous ex-player and a media darling.

Oh well, Steve had better carry on playing by the rules.

 

  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Any giveaways from the 3 loanees at FT? Any waves or anything? Tomlin you could tell wanted to sign with kissing the badge and such, was a massive giveaway.

A huge chorus of, "sign him on," for Kalas who came over to applaud the fans and give a lucky supporter his shirt.  Ditto for Kasey on the shirt and the "lag my pipes," tune rang out. 

Marlon Pack took his shirt and boots off causing some of the ladies to expect the full monty.

Dean Windass appears to have become Dean Fatass 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

That’s it for now, so just give a round of applause to the faithful who got up at a silly hour to travel to Hull and support the team 👏

Who do I throw my shirt to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Da hell was that lino smoking. Disallowing Eliassons goal because it accidentally hit his hand then trying to disallow the OG for their defender handballing it in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Any giveaways from the 3 loanees at FT? Any waves or anything? Tomlin you could tell wanted to sign with kissing the badge and such, was a massive giveaway.

Kalas was the first to come over. The others seemed to let him come forward and take the applause before they came over as a group, everyone came over. For what seemed quite a while it seemed Kalas was getting all the applause.Fans signing sign him up sign him up. No real indication from Kalas as hes pretty cool and hard to read. He applauded and was the first of only 4 players to give his shirt away.

The fans also sang the Jay Dasilva song but he didnt come to the front like Kalas did. Didnt really see a reaction from him except applause.

Kasey Palmer climbed onto the crowd and gave his shirt away as we sung his song. He applauded and was the last to walk away from the fans.

I had the feeling it was the last we would see of all of of them. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedM said:

Kalas was the first to come over. The others seemed to let him come forward and take the applause before they came over as a group, everyone came over. For what seemed quite a while it seemed Kalas was getting all the applause.Fans signing sign him up sign him up. No real indication from Kalas as hes pretty cool and hard to read. He applauded and was the first of only 4 players to give his shirt away.

The fans also sang the Jay Dasilva song but he didnt come to the front like Kalas did. Didnt really see a reaction from him except applause.

Kasey Palmer climbed onto the crowd and gave his shirt away as we sung his song. He applauded and was the last to walk away from the fans.

I had the feeling it was the last we would see of all of of them. 

I think you are right, unfortunately!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yep. Now all you have to do is find me. I'll get yours in now...  :drunk2:

Cheers mate, if I dont find you have a good summer and we'll start again ( and again and again !!) next season.Up the City

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Another season wasted , for a non parachute payment club our resources matched the top 3 . 2 of those finished below us last year one a place above . We are a couple points better off than last season , let in 2 less scored less too . 60 players signed and still no semblance of strategy in playing style and transfer approach. We lost 3 players but signed others on superior wages . Reid was not replaced as the Weimann signing did not work out as planned . That was the damage .  The vast majority of clubs get promoted within 2 seasons of a new coach arriving . 

LJ has to start delivering he has now finished his apprenticeship.

the hard luck stories or excuses or even the acceptance of failure will not get the club to Prem . Sheffield Inited above all debunk all of that .

The club , LJ need to be more focused , have clarity of mission and not deviate from it or the realisation that LJ is not the person to take the club forward will become more evident . 

Enjoy the summer 

 

 

 

 

Totally agree with that and LJ signings, subs and tactics d not fill me with confidence - I think he will be gone by Christmas.

  • Haha 1
  • Aubergine 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RedM said:

Kalas was the first to come over. The others seemed to let him come forward and take the applause before they came over as a group, everyone came over. For what seemed quite a while it seemed Kalas was getting all the applause.Fans signing sign him up sign him up. No real indication from Kalas as hes pretty cool and hard to read. He applauded and was the first of only 4 players to give his shirt away.

The fans also sang the Jay Dasilva song but he didnt come to the front like Kalas did. Didnt really see a reaction from him except applause.

Kasey Palmer climbed onto the crowd and gave his shirt away as we sung his song. He applauded and was the last to walk away from the fans.

I had the feeling it was the last we would see of all of of them. 

Sadly, I had just the same feeling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RedM said:

Kalas was the first to come over. The others seemed to let him come forward and take the applause before they came over as a group, everyone came over. For what seemed quite a while it seemed Kalas was getting all the applause.Fans signing sign him up sign him up. No real indication from Kalas as hes pretty cool and hard to read. He applauded and was the first of only 4 players to give his shirt away.

The fans also sang the Jay Dasilva song but he didnt come to the front like Kalas did. Didnt really see a reaction from him except applause.

Kasey Palmer climbed onto the crowd and gave his shirt away as we sung his song. He applauded and was the last to walk away from the fans.

I had the feeling it was the last we would see of all of of them. 

Thanks for the honest assessment. Gutted if true. Kalas and Dasilva have both been brilliant for us. Palmer also very good when brought on to change games but needs work.

Would love us to keep Kalas and Dasilva on. Palmer a bit more of a gamble but he's got quality for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

My stalker @Lucan has reappeared

Wonder why that might have been...

Crying into your pint?

Maybe you should blog about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

I absolutely agree with you. This is the reason we just miss out each season. The owner should admit he wants us to stay outside of the premier league and he does not want the hassle, preferring to stay challenging in the football league Fair enough - but just tell it as it is and stop playing with real fans emotions. 

The internet is your friend- why not use it- read up on Football finances, our accounts, financial regulations etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Da hell was that lino smoking. Disallowing Eliassons goal because it accidentally hit his hand then trying to disallow the OG for their defender handballing it in.

 

Think FIFA laws of game now indicate that accidental handball in pursuit of a goal is still handball so disallowed is the right call.

Only lack of clarity is whether it is effective currently or as of next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, longyears said:

Totally agree with that and LJ signings, subs and tactics d not fill me with confidence - I think he will be gone by Christmas.

If he's as out of his depth as you claim, how has he managed to improve league position 3 years running?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If he's as out of his depth as you claim, how has he managed to improve league position 3 years running?

Because sadly, regardless of how LJ does next year, will never accept the guy.

  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...