IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day 46

Septic Peg

10 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Sorry your team missed out on the final day this afternoon.   Derby and Middlesbrough had to drop points and City had to win on Humberside.    It didn't come to pass but don't be too hard on yourselves.   Gave the supporters a lot to get involved with at Ashton Gate this season and while it wasn't meant to be you can take heart from what the team has accomplished.     The play -offs are a horrible experience when you lose (I've been involved with them enough times) but at least there's an opportunity there and it extends the season for another week or two.

Wished Derby hadn't taken sixth place, they usually blow up at critical times or the most important stages of a season and nothing disingenuous if a team was involved in the play off battles this year I'd probably pick Bristol City to win it.   Been outside the top division for near 40 years, at least choose someone who deserves an opportunity rather than others who have been involved there much more recent.

Today will be disappointing, regrets and chances missed over a season will come to mind but always remember there's teams out there in far worse situations than yourselves.   Took it to the final day, and while results didn't go your way you should be proud of the team for making something last a while.       We're off to the twilight world of League One football for now, could be some time before we play you again but haven't been (nowhere near) good enough, plain and simple.      

We apologise unreservedly for the state of the mob down the road SB.

I've no doubt you will do well down there and be fighting to get back to this level.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Owers on radio Bristol watched the handball four times on different replays, then admitted it was handball. He then ranted that the linesman shouldn’t get involved?

He’s the assistant referee ffs, it’s his job. 

Just back and I was positioned right behind the linesman in question. 

I saw the ball hit the hand. I viewed it as accidental but could easily see if it was given. 

However. The ref gave the goal and ran off back to the halfway line. The lino didn’t flag for anything and also made his way back to halfway line. So both officials didn’t see anything wrong and both made their way back to their kick-off positions.  

Then the Hull players confronted the ref and were screaming for it to be disallowed. Upon these appeals, the ref came over to the lino and they spoke. 

I have no idea what they talked about. Both of them had not seen anything to disallow the goal initially so how they could now come up with an ‘intentional handball’ that neither of them had seen 40 seconds before I’ll never know. 

I agree that the ball hit the hand. And I can easily understand if it was given. But I can’t understand how it wasn’t given initially and that they changed their mind based on the protestations of the players rather than their own views. 

That is wrong. They didn’t see it so they can’t give it. They’ve given it on player reactions not what they’ve adjudged themselves. 

As for our goal which did count - flip me what was that lino doing. Useless. 

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

Watched the game and IMO we need to upgrade on Pack & Wright as a starting point. Kelly also does not fill me with buckets of confidence. Also, can't understand this mentality of taking free kicks quickly to try and catch the opposition out. Sometimes you need to slow things down and let your team mates get back in position and catch their breath. Will be an interesting summer.

Agree completely with all of those observations. The other basic thing we could improve upon is the quality of our throw-ins, as we usually concede possession from our throws.

1 hour ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

??? Big kudos to our fans today, made it a great atmosphere. Brought my eldest and his mate along today and they absolutely loved it, getting involved in all the songs, even though they’re Yorkshire lads. 

wrong result today but it was still a good day out coyr coypal  looking forward to next season now 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Just back and I was positioned right behind the linesman in question. 

I saw the ball hit the hand. I viewed it as accidental but could easily see if it was given. 

However. The ref gave the goal and ran off back to the halfway line. The lino didn’t flag for anything and also made his way back to halfway line. So both officials didn’t see anything wrong and both made their way back to their kick-off positions.  

Then the Hull players confronted the ref and were screaming for it to be disallowed. Upon these appeals, the ref came over to the lino and they spoke. 

I have no idea what they talked about. Both of them had not seen anything to disallow the goal initially so how they could now come up with an ‘intentional handball’ that neither of them had seen 40 seconds before I’ll never know. 

I agree that the ball hit the hand. And I can easily understand if it was given. But I can’t understand how it wasn’t given initially and that they changed their mind based on the protestations of the players rather than their own views. 

That is wrong. They didn’t see it so they can’t give it. They’ve given it on player reactions not what they’ve adjudged themselves. 

As for our goal which did count - flip me what was that lino doing. Useless. 

Yes, and pretty much the same happened in reverse for our goal. Disallowed until Taylor went and spoke to the Lino.

10 hours ago, brad blit said:

Ultimately we don’t have enough quality in key areas, and our inability to break down lesser teams at home has been our downfall. Not losing away to Hull today or Derby winning

Did you have a time machine? how did you know we had lost at hull the game hadn't even finished, as you found out when we drew.

On 05/05/2019 at 16:11, Mr Popodopolous said:

The internet is your friend- why not use it- read up on Football finances, our accounts, financial regulations etc.

Good excuse to hide behind... you'll see it in time... Meanwhile food for thought ?...

...Was FFP the case in January 2008 as well?

Don't think so mate.

1 hour ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Good excuse to hide behind... you'll see it in time... Meanwhile food for thought ?...

...Was FFP the case in January 2008 as well?

Don't think so mate.

I don't think it was either- didn't even exist then.

We're comparing apples and oranges - January 2008 was the most opportune time to go for it. January 2018 was not- January 2019 was somewhere in the middle.

I'm sure I've said this before on here, about January 2008 having zero restrictions at all- hell it wasn't even conceived as an idea at this time- nobody had even thought of it.

I hope we spend this summer and do so decently, we have the wiggle room...

Until then...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01501663/filing-history

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

...Enjoy? :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't think it was either- didn't even exist then.

We're comparing apples and oranges - January 2008 was the most opportune time to go for it. January 2018 was not- January 2019 was somewhere in the middle.

I'm sure I've said this before on here, about January 2008 having zero restrictions at all- hell it wasn't even conceived as an idea at this time- nobody had even thought of it.

I hope we spend this summer and do so decently, we have the wiggle room...

Until then...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01501663/filing-history

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

...Enjoy? :thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply. You are right 2008 was the most opportune time to go for it and my point is that the Owner could have gone for it then but he deliberately didn't, the common denominator across the time period of our opportunity is the owner.

IMO he just doesn't want it. 

On 05/05/2019 at 18:04, Southend Blue said:

Sorry your team missed out on the final day this afternoon.   Derby and Middlesbrough had to drop points and City had to win on Humberside.    It didn't come to pass but don't be too hard on yourselves.   Gave the supporters a lot to get involved with at Ashton Gate this season and while it wasn't meant to be you can take heart from what the team has accomplished.     The play -offs are a horrible experience when you lose (I've been involved with them enough times) but at least there's an opportunity there and it extends the season for another week or two.

Wished Derby hadn't taken sixth place, they usually blow up at critical times or the most important stages of a season and nothing disingenuous if a team was involved in the play off battles this year I'd probably pick Bristol City to win it.   Been outside the top division for near 40 years, at least choose someone who deserves an opportunity rather than others who have been involved there much more recent.

Today will be disappointing, regrets and chances missed over a season will come to mind but always remember there's teams out there in far worse situations than yourselves.   Took it to the final day, and while results didn't go your way you should be proud of the team for making something last a while.       We're off to the twilight world of League One football for now, could be some time before we play you again but haven't been (nowhere near) good enough, plain and simple.      

Hey, look at the positive.

you don't need to go camping next year as you'll visit multiple tents on your trip to Rovers.

Archived