IGNORED

Fammy

Desso

1 minute ago, Allwaysred said:

To be in those play offs next year we now no we need 74+ points so at a guess will need to spend massively in the summer on key positions as we should of done previously but haven't. This summer is pivotal to show our ambition and bring in the correct players to see us through and ditch the dead wood / fringe players we seem to be accumulating at a rapid pace. 

Any names? 

Watkins and eisa is all I can think of... 

In fairness, both sides of the argument here are somewhat correct - yes, Fammy can be a donkey, but yes, he does also score the majority of our goals. Hence we need to keep him and buy someone quality to complement him. Ying and yang and all that.

Play it right, and we'll have the most formidable strike partnership in the league next season. You heard it here first.

Big up the Senegalese Emile Heskey.

I love Famara; he stole a place in my heart with his passion for City in his first season and I will never forget his performance in the 4-1 win over Derby.

But oh my days, I will die without knowing how he missed that header today.  No doubt, he will feel the same way.

He has to be aided by another forward of superior finishing power.

Alongside a goalscoring striker he'd be class. 

He's not the 20 goal a striker we've been used to these past few years

Just now, Redmycolour said:

Then who rated him at that value, and we must have agreed to it, 

If we sold him now he'd be sold for more than he was bought for. 

Therefore it's a good signing

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Alongside a goalscoring striker he'd be class. 

He's not the 20 goal a striker we've been used to these past few years

If we sold him now he'd be sold for more than he was bought for. 

Therefore it's a good signing

A present form, that is rubbish, 

1 minute ago, Redmycolour said:

Then who rated him at that value, and we must have agreed to it, 

Well presumably the selling club, buying club and agent have to come to an agreement. But it's not the player who determines their value. Therefore it's not a fair critism to level at him. IMO

1 minute ago, Redmycolour said:

A present form, that is rubbish, 

In the inflated market of today it really isn't. 

It's no wonder other fans regularly state how good he is. Yes he's not a 20 goal a season striker but the work he does for the team is pivotal. 

We'd be looking at 7-8 million for him now

He is good enough but not as the only striker, opposition teams hate playing against him especially at home (when we're away).

If I was going to look at strikers that are not good enough I would start with the ones that are behind him and not even challenging him. 

I've not always been Fammy's biggest fan, only because i dont like lump it up football, and this maybe is going to sound odd as we scored without him today...but i thought when we went off we looked less like scoring as we had nothing to aim at. Also he saved us a few times defensively today and this season.

I think it all depends on what style we want. I like two strikers working together who form an understanding, a partnership. We dont have that with Fammy. I dont think we are bringing out the best in other players, eg Wiemann either. 

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Don’t understand the logic of people saying we should sell a striker who has had a double figure tally the last two seasons, surely buy another capable striker to the squad to increase the goals all around? 

Exactly. And a striker who has won us a lot of points with winning goals too.

I don't think we play to his strengths. He's really not a back to goal target man. He looks better when he drifts into the channels or wide and is running at goal.

He needs someone along side him. We can't go another season with him leading the line on his own.

For a 6ft 2/3 inch bloke who must weigh 16 plus stone he is so lightweight its unbelievable. I couldnt give a shit if he misses chances, just that he does not and is not of doing the job he is in the team to do...HOLD THE ******* BALL UP. 

Hang on.. Isnt Fammy basically a much  much much better Jon Stead? Similar facets one's revered the other 'loathed'

Weird.

Fwiw I love the guy incredibly difficult to play against, does lots of work, clearly not many notice and scores a fair few too.

I'm not sure what people want more than that.

8 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I don't think we play to his strengths. He's really not a back to goal target man. He looks better when he drifts into the channels or wide and is running at goal.

He needs someone along side him. We can't go another season with him leading the line on his own.

Exactly my thoughts...

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not in a million years is Fam 16 stone. Maybe 14. 

27 minutes ago, joenaldo said:

Nah I reckon more than 14 tbf

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Famara is 12.5 stone.

They all look bigger on the pitch for some reason. They are all built like long distance runners.

Maybe I am just a fat **** then but still the point stands

If we want to get the best out of him, we need to play differently.  We don’t play to his strengths.

It’s a tough one though, stick or twist.  If Johnson genuinely wants to play a big guy up top on his own, recruit one who can play that role.  Personally I don’t think we need a big guy up top.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If we want to get the best out of him, we need to play differently.  We don’t play to his strengths.

It’s a tough one though, stick or twist.  If Johnson genuinely wants to play a big guy up top on his own, recruit one who can play that role.  Personally I don’t think we need a big guy up top.

What do you think his strengths are Dave? I actually think he'd make a decent CB.

I'd also prefer a more mobile 'footballer' up front. 

Famara on the high line lacks movement. It slows our game down and allows teams to organise defensively.

Hence how often our midfield and defence have to check and turn back, as there is often no clean pass on.

Two speedy forwards, who can read a game with plenty of movement would be my preferred way of playing.

Plus an upgrade on Pack. Or someone of equal quality who can give him competition. The ball needs to be played so much quicker from midfield to moving forwards through the lines.

As it is...it stops in the last third.

58 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Hang on.. Isnt Fammy basically a much  much much better Jon Stead? Similar facets one's revered the other 'loathed'

Weird.

Fwiw I love the guy incredibly difficult to play against, does lots of work, clearly not many notice and scores a fair few too.

I'm not sure what people want more than that.

Simple really. If we want to get promoted we can’t have him leading our attack. People get confused between effort and ability. Every time a player pulls our shirt on I expect 100% effort, that’s a given. Ability wise he’s not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Simple really. If we want to get promoted we can’t have him leading our attack. People get confused between effort and ability. Every time a player pulls our shirt on I expect 100% effort, that’s a given. Ability wise he’s not good enough. 

He has the ability though.

Many single out mistakes as being the mark of him, but ignore everything else.

He's an utter nightmare for defenders because you dont know what he's going to do and has a strong all around game.

Given game times bans and injury happy to have him think crouch, heskey et al. It's why I mentioned Stead

When we got in to play offs Byfield was highest scorer with 8 or summat daft

Football is a team game, weve progressed and are better with him

Archived