IGNORED

Fammy

Desso

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

What do you think his strengths are Dave? I actually think he'd make a decent CB.

I'd also prefer a more mobile 'footballer' up front. 

Famara on the high line lacks movement. It slows our game down and allows teams to organise defensively.

Hence how often our midfield and defence have to check and turn back, as there is often no clean pass on.

Two speedy forwards, who can read a game with plenty of movement would be my preferred way of playing.

Plus an upgrade on Pack. Or someone of equal quality who can give him competition. The ball needs to be played so much quicker from midfield to moving forwards through the lines.

As it is...it stops in the last third.

Spud....exactly what I would do, if I could choose the way we play, which would probably mean moving Fam on.

Pack, Same opinion too.

We rarely turn our opponents back four around.  We rarely spring a ball into the channel on transition.  Look at how many times Pukki gets beyond their CBs, early in transition, and they all squeeze up quickly behind, making it hard to get out.  Reid did that, Kodjia did that (as he got used to the Champ).

We don’t have the technical players to play like Norwich....they’ve proved you can recruit them though, and cheaply. 

I want to play at a much higher tempo than we do currently.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spud....exactly what I would do, if I could choose the way we play, which would probably mean moving Fam on.

Pack, Same opinion too.

We rarely turn our opponents back four around.  We rarely spring a ball into the channel on transition.  Look at how many times Pukki gets beyond their CBs, early in transition, and they all squeeze up quickly behind, making it hard to get out.  Reid did that, Kodjia did that (as he got used to the Champ).

We don’t have the technical players to play like Norwich....they’ve proved you can recruit them though, and cheaply. 

That's exactly my thoughts as well Dave. I think the signing of Famara has stiffled how we play offensively and certain players have had to adapt differently because of him.

I don’t doubt or question his heart or effort and respect the role he had been asked to play.

That said he is still a striker and strikers should score goals.

Sadly his finishing is woeful and I would look for alternatives.

Technique was dreadful on that miss today. He sees there is nothing in front of him, why wouldn't you head it downwards? Schoolboy stuff.

That said, i really like the guy, the character, and for all his flaws i'm not in the Fam's not up to it camp. (well, if we can find better for our budget

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Pack, Same opinion too.

I would say we do have the technical players such as Paterson, Weimann, and hopefully Palmer. But it all falls down when there is little movement or anticipation up front.

Imo we need a striker with similar attributes to those three, good movement and anticipation. 

If Reid were still here with Weimann, Paterson, and Palmer, we'd be very much like Norwich imo. 

5 hours ago, 054123 said:

I don’t doubt or question his heart or effort and respect the role he had been asked to play.

That said he is still a striker and strikers should score goals.

Sadly his finishing is woeful and I would look for alternatives.

Funny thing is, the goal and how he took it at Millwall and some of his goals earlier in the season- think the Blackburn and West Brom games in September- were harder and further out than the chances he missed today!

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Funny thing is, the goal and how he took it at Millwall and some of his goals earlier in the season- think the Blackburn and West Brom games in September- were harder and further out than the chances he missed today!

The header against Reading from 6 yards out straight at the keeper.

If he is our only striker then it is imperative he score more goals.

There is a tendency in modern football to overthink the whole thing.

Sometimes it’s quite straightforward 

Fammy is really good at defending, works his socks off. But if we really have promotion aspirations we should be bringing him off the bench. He's no Kodjia for sure. That's the kind of striker we need upfront. Quick, strong, and gives defenders more to think about. I like fam but his finish and first touch are, at times, very poor. 

59 minutes ago, 054123 said:

The header against Reading from 6 yards out straight at the keeper.

If he is our only striker then it is imperative he score more goals.

There is a tendency in modern football to overthink the whole thing.

Sometimes it’s quite straightforward 

Oh don't disagree that he should be more prolific. That's a good example, I remember a majorly easy miss he had v Bolton at home in January too.

Then though I think back to his good finish at home to Norwich a month before. Harder than the Bolton miss..he isn't perhaps terribly instinctive.

Hitting woodwork at Derby from 20-25 yards out clearly was a good strike- would've been a great goal.

16 hours ago, JBFC II said:

In the inflated market of today it really isn't. 

It's no wonder other fans regularly state how good he is. Yes he's not a 20 goal a season striker but the work he does for the team is pivotal. 

We'd be looking at 7-8 million for him now

7-8 million!!!  Blimey I'd snatch any bidders hands off if they offered that.  Personally think we'd be lucky to make  money paid for him back.

Agree with many , cannot fault him for effort, works tirelessly for team, but unfortunately his ball retention, finishing, positional skills etc don't seem to improve at all ..  Top League one player but can't see too many championship clubs paying top money for him.

I’m not convinced he does work his socks off, he works hard, but I do think he keeps some in the tank to avoid burning out after 65-75 minutes.  He doesn’t actually get many challenges in.  I appreciate he’s not Reid, but his workrate is nowhere near Weimann’s either.

He is great on defensive corners though.

17 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

He has the ability though.

Many single out mistakes as being the mark of him, but ignore everything else.

He's an utter nightmare for defenders because you dont know what he's going to do and has a strong all around game.

Given game times bans and injury happy to have him think crouch, heskey et al. It's why I mentioned Stead

When we got in to play offs Byfield was highest scorer with 8 or summat daft

Football is a team game, weve progressed and are better with him

As I said . If we want to get promoted he’s not good enough. 

Looking at the highlights, he could have been offside for both chances yesterday? I know that isn't the discussion here, but just saying.

P.S. On workrate, for one Hull break first half, he got back to cover before any of the midfielders did. he must have been well upfield to start with.

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

As I said . If we want to get promoted he’s not good enough. 

I agree 100%.

I would say that LJ is borderline of get rid or try to get the best out of him judging from this remark from him;

"We’ve got to finish our chances. We should’ve scored nine/ten goals in the last four games. We’ve got to nurture it or recruit it. That’s where we need to push now."

He's obviously pointing the finger at all the players but probably at Diedhiou in particular.

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I agree 100%.

I would say that LJ is borderline of get rid or try to get the best out of him judging from this remark from him;

"We’ve got to finish our chances. We should’ve scored nine/ten goals in the last four games. We’ve got to nurture it or recruit it. That’s where we need to push now."

He's obviously pointing the finger at all the players but probably at Diedhiou in particular.

I agree - his movement, presence, football intelligence etc are all lacking at this level ... I’m still shuddering about his four ‘open goal’ misses vs Bolton at home, including splaffing one miles over the bar from 4 yards out with their keeper nowhere to be seen. But the one at Hull was just unbelievable - people say ‘Fammy has the right attitude and tries so hard’ etc - but that’s the absolute minimum that should be expected from every player who dons our shirt ...

Archived