IGNORED

Leeds pen at Ipswich...

WhistleHappy

I woz there - as a retired Tractor Boy I took the opportunity of City away to say farewell to Championship football at Portman Road. It was a fine moment - but not a patch on the 89th minute winner!

Two possible points of interest to City fans:

1   Leeds man of the match beyond doubt was one Mr L Ayling who played a blinder and made both their goals. I don't remember him being that good so someone must've coached him well. Might even make the grade in the Prem.....although he did help the winning goal in by confusing his keeper who then gave the ball to Quaner to pass into an open net. Chuckle.....

2  But watching Town for the first time this season did make me realise what a damned good job LJ has done with us lot. You can see why they're going down and why we are now top eight and safe. They had no edge, no imagination, no energy and though on the odd day we do play like that, alas, more often or not the City are a pleasure to watch - or close to at least - and not just when underserved victories are delivered by not one but two gifts from the Gods.

Enjoy the egg on Leeds' face - and look forward to next season - COYRs........

Archived