IGNORED

The season in 10 words?

mozo

15 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

Overacheived because the table lies . We have little backbone and a lack of urgency at the appropriate moments. When we really go for it we look half decent . Far too cerebral this year.  On a positive we are still in a great competitive league with every chance of success next year. Keep all three of those chelsea lads !

After 46 games, the table does not lie.

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Did any other clubs bring in a striker that seriously improved their fortunes during January? 

I don't think that's the argument. Other teams made signings thst increased competition and gave manager's options. Scott Hogan and Waghorn in particular. I think we tried but failed and I think we paid the price by flogging Fammy to exhaustion 

15 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

I don't think that's the argument. Other teams made signings thst increased competition and gave manager's options. Scott Hogan and Waghorn in particular. I think we tried but failed and I think we paid the price by flogging Fammy to exhaustion 

We did try for Hogan. He didn’t go anywhere else and make a big impact so I think it’s a fair argument. It’s a gamble - key really is to getting it right in the summer. 

We do need someone to help Fammy next season - that’s obvious. I’m sure LJ knows this and will address it.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

We have overachieved compared to 99% of people's expectations- including my own and I made one of the more positive predictions at the start of the season.

Quite simply where did you expect us to finish, where did we finish, did we finish higher or lower?

Its not about expectations, Im looking at the cold hard facts. Finishing 18th out of 24 in the home league table is the reason we are not in the playoffs. 2017-18 we finished 10th, 2016-17 14th, 2015-16 (near relegation season) 20th 

As for expectations at the start of each season, Im forever the optimist, comes with the territory of supporting a local team, so you always start a clean slate season with a feeling playoffs or higher might be possible. Guess thats why real fans stick by England because there is always one season that will buck the trend in your lifetime, a case of 'you never know'. 

Archived