IGNORED

The season in 10 words?

mozo

6 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

If not for weird teams selections we would be there

If I was asked my opinion by The Board, which I won't be, I would suggest that they invest in a proven coaching staff and a proven scouting staff. The team will then sort itself out.  

Does anyone really believe that if these two areas had been addressed last summer we wouldn't now be contemplating top flight football next season?

11 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Its not about expectations, Im looking at the cold hard facts. Finishing 18th out of 24 in the home league table is the reason we are not in the playoffs. 2017-18 we finished 10th, 2016-17 14th, 2015-16 (near relegation season) 20th 

As for expectations at the start of each season, Im forever the optimist, comes with the territory of supporting a local team, so you always start a clean slate season with a feeling playoffs or higher might be possible. Guess thats why real fans stick by England because there is always one season that will buck the trend in your lifetime, a case of 'you never know'. 

Home form isn't what determines whether a team has overachieved or not.

36 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If I was asked my opinion by The Board, which I won't be, I would suggest that they invest in a proven coaching staff and a proven scouting staff. The team will then sort itself out.  

Does anyone really believe that if these two areas had been addressed last summer we wouldn't now be contemplating top flight football next season?

? We have both. Johnson has proven improvement. 

Our scouting picked up the likes of Webster. 

Glad you have nothing to do with the board. 

49 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

? We have both. Johnson has proven improvement. 

Our scouting picked up the likes of Webster. 

Glad you have nothing to do with the board. 

Those same scouts picked up Marley Watkins and Marinovic. Don’t be so quick to say how good the scouting is. Add in Hegeler plus Engvall and a Diony and you see the scouting isn’t great.

8 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Those same scouts picked up Marley Watkins and Marinovic. Don’t be so quick to say how good the scouting is. Add in Hegeler plus Engvall and a Diony and you see the scouting isn’t great.

Every club makes mistakes in recruiting. 

Overall we do pretty well. You don’t come 8th in the Championship (another improvement) with unproven or incapable people.

1 hour ago, Busterrimes said:

Marley Watkins was brought in as a solid back up, which he still is. 

Marinovic was the best option out there as we had one fit keeper, again the scouting team can’t be blamed. 

Hegeler is a very good player who just didn’t fit in to championship football. 

Diony was off the back of a very good season, wasn’t quite working out at one of the big French clubs, it was a loan risk worth taking. 

Engvall was not very good...

Archived