IGNORED

Why Is It....

BessexRED

...that so often this season City have only really got going once the subs come on?

Wasn’t in attendance today and I know we missed a few chances but those that went have said we only really got going once Taylor and Eliasson came on. The problem is, we start them and they struggle to affect the game.

Pretty bizarre and something that needs addressing for next season, I can’t find any sort of logical reason for it.

Either way, decent enough season. Shame to fall at the final hurdle but decent foundations to press on next season if we get it right in the summer.

Just now, marcofisher said:

Don’t think it has helped that injury’s have meant Brownhill and Pack have been the midfield two every game, often felt like we needed to kill the game for 60 mins and then try and strike towards the end.

I did consider this but then how often do Brownhill and Pack get taken off? The former especially seems to come on stronger later in the game which doesn’t add up either.

We have often this season played our most exciting football when behind, and LJ tends to then go for it then with his subs. Plan A seems to be a variation of rope-a-dope, keep it tight and nick one. At times that has worked, but for a team pushing for the POs, we have very rarely just rolled a team over this year. Depending on whether that means LJ is to negative in his line ups, or he has managed to maximise what he can get from this squad depends on where you sit in that debate.

3 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I did consider this but then how often do Brownhill and Pack get taken off? The former especially seems to come on stronger later in the game which doesn’t add up either.

Nobody can really play Pack’s role though except Korey, and probably because he gets more space and time on the ball at the end of matches. 

A player like Hayden would be ideal for next season, can’t see us getting him though would be well out of our wage structure.

Archived