IGNORED

Spare a thought for Boro

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Christ. Big club comes in and offers big wages and players heads are turned and they end up leaving. Of course i know it’s not literally stealing but you knew that...

I understand it’s part of the business of football and we do it to smaller clubs than us but doesn’t mean I have to like it

Stealing would imply they underpaid for him.  I don't think they did.

On 05/05/2019 at 17:52, Robbored said:

Of the four the only club I have any time for is the Baggies - so I hope they win it.

Hope you are right RR, if WBA go up the other three are deep in financial poo 

I wonder whether Flint will stay at Boro.

If I were a promoted club, I would seriously consider a £10m bid for Flint. Despite being the big lad at the back that can score a goal, he doesn't seem to fit a Pulis system all that well, so I could see Norwich or FLDC (if they win the playoffs) signing him.

Obviously, there's the thought in the back of your mind if Pulis will still be there, or whether Boro will need to sell, but despite a lot of fans on here not being big fans of his (for some reason), I hope he gets at least a chance to play in the top-flight.

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Hope you are right RR, if WBA go up the other three are deep in financial poo 

Not so sure about Leeds- they seem to run a reasonably tight ship and had income of £40m in 2017/18 and purportedly up to £45m season just gone- but the others certainly!

That £40m by a reasonable amount once parachute payments stripped out the highest in this League.

On 05/05/2019 at 16:50, archie andrews said:

you sure on that?

On 05/05/2019 at 16:53, Red Right Hand said:

Sky did say it earlier so I presume it`s right.

On 05/05/2019 at 16:59, Diddlydonkey said:

1 season in the prem 2 years parachute. More than 1 3 years. May be wrong I'm pretty smashed but sure I'm heard that.

On 05/05/2019 at 17:01, archie andrews said:

yeh that's right I thought it was 3 years

Diddlydonkey is right.  If you go up and come straight back down you only get 2 year’s worth of PPs.  If you stay up you are rewarded by getting the 3rd year’s PP.

EAB4C8EF-14C4-46FC-9D60-F4B049898190.thumb.jpeg.c90942362246352f091fd7ad88f81a78.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not so sure about Leeds- they seem to run a reasonably tight ship and had income of £40m in 2017/18 and purportedly up to £45m season just gone- but the others certainly!

That £40m by a reasonable amount once parachute payments stripped out the highest in this League.

The Leeds owner has stated that if they don't go up this season he will cut back on the spending. Villa and Derby will get chased by the FFP police.

Derby will get put up for sale if they don't go up

12 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The Leeds owner has stated that if they don't go up this season he will cut back on the spending. Villa and Derby will get chased by the FFP police.

Derby will get put up for sale if they don't go up

Cut back yes, but they certainly aren't in the same boat or likely to have the same expected losses as Aston Villa or Derby.

That could equally be due to his personal finances- or his own financial preferences- rather than FFP in his case.

22 hours ago, EnderMB said:

If I were a promoted club, I would seriously consider a £10m bid for Flint. Despite being the big lad at the back that can score a goal, he doesn't seem to fit a Pulis system all that well, so I could see Norwich or FLDC (if they win the playoffs) signing him.

Obviously, there's the thought in the back of your mind if Pulis will still be there, or whether Boro will need to sell, but despite a lot of fans on here not being big fans of his (for some reason), I hope he gets at least a chance to play in the top-flight.

Had his poorest season for a long time, Boro fans think we pulled their pants down for 7 million for him. 

At City we seem to accept his defensive frailties because he chipped in with a handful of goals each season from centre back. 

But astonishingly in a Tony Pulis side Aden Flint's only managed 1 goal all season. Webster scored 3 for City this year. 

There's no way he'll get a move this summer. 

21 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cut back yes, but they certainly aren't in the same boat or likely to have the same expected losses as Aston Villa or Derby.

That could equally be due to his personal finances- or his own financial preferences- rather than FFP in his case.

Won't Derby be okay for another 3 years for FFP, assuming the EFL accept the sale of the stadium to the person who already owned it was legit?

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Won't Derby be okay for another 3 years for FFP, assuming the EFL accept the sale of the stadium to the person who already owned it was legit?

Ah yes, good point- had assumed it was such a blatant breach when writing that post though, that there's no way it can be accepted. Surely!

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah yes, good point- had assumed it was such a blatant breach when writing that post though, that there's no way it can be accepted. Surely!

You have too much faith in rules and fairness!

We are dealing with the EFL here.  If any sanctions are taken against Villa or FLDC I will be bloody amazef

4 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

You have too much faith in rules and fairness!

We are dealing with the EFL here.  If any sanctions are taken against Villa or FLDC I will be bloody amazef

I'd take it outside their jurisdiction then. 

Would need a club who have been penalised- say Birmingham- to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport- they may well be able to compel EFL to produce accounts received for other clubs, a precedent was set last summer with UEFA nearly being obliged to produce the accounts for Inter Milan, Man City and PSG in 2018 when AC Milan took it there. UEFA backed down on a punishment or at leas went away to reconsider a settlement agreement as they knew it wouldn't stack up given what the last 2 in particular appear to have got away with.

FWIW, I still think Derby are or have been just about compliant even without the *cough* profit, but with very, very little room to manoeuvre.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would need a club who have been penalised- say Birmingham- to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport- they may well be able to compel EFL to produce accounts received for other clubs, a precedent was set last summer with UEFA nearly being obliged to produce the accounts for Inter Milan, Man City and PSG in 2018 when AC Milan took it there. UEFA backed down on a punishment or at leas went away to reconsider a settlement agreement as they knew it wouldn't stack up given what the last 2 in particular appear to have got away with.

FWIW, I still think Derby are or have been just about compliant even without the *cough* profit, but with very, very little room to manoeuvre.

I would have thought that messrs Lansdown and Gibson would be ideally placed to do just that because there is a certainty one of these clubs will be competition next season and very possibly both..

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair point.  Gibson and Lansdown could both argue their clubs have been penalised for lack of action by the EFL.  Gibson in particular seems willing to make waves and Lansdown put his head above the parapet over the Leeds spying.  Maybe they will drive something, particularly with MA on the board.  I would be interested to know where he stands in all this.

Add in the fact that Rovers or Sheff W shouldn't be signing any players without having filed accounts and the behaviour of the EFL over the summer will be very interesting.

23 hours ago, EnderMB said:

I'll put money on Flint never playing in the Prem

Archived