IGNORED

Who do we want to win playoffs?

magunn

Given that our participation is now not happening, who would we like to win the playoffs.

In reality for me it’s anyone but Villa, but if I had to choose it would be Derby for no other reason than it could of been us.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

WBA. Don’t mind them and don’t want them in our league next season as they will be going for top two 

I suspect all 3 playoff failures will see top two as their target next season with good reason. Hopefully FFP will clobber Villa.

Most definitely not Aston Villa or Derby for obvious reasons!

Beyond that? Unpopular view on this forum but I wouldn't be so objecting to Leeds going up because West Brom are just a bit of a yoyo club.

Same old sides going up and down gets boring after a while. Norwich another- as clubs they're much less objectionable than the other playoff contenders but fairly frequent yoyoing seems boring- predictable even.

4 minutes ago, magunn said:

Given that our participation is now not happening, who would we like to win the playoffs.

In reality for me it’s anyone but Villa, but if I had to choose it would be Derby for no other reason than it could of been us.

WBA. The least obnoxious of the 4. Hull fans we were chatting to after the game agreed. 

Villa or Leeds, lets be honest these are bigger clubs than us that we cant compete with on a 50/50 basis yet.

Thats not to say West Brom and especially Derby arent better resourced clubs (excluding parachute misnomers) but we are fighting our way towards that level. 

Plus Derby are lucky and I dont like them.

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

WBA. Don’t mind them and don’t want them in our league next season as they will be going for top two 

They would be my choice too. Get rid of a team with parachute payments.

Even though we surrender just about all our points to both Leeds and Villa i want them to stay down as maybe villa without Tammy, and might they sell Grealish? They might not be such a force. Same for Leeds, dont want them back in the Prem.

As for Derby, i didnt think they were too special. Take FL away and they are not so great. 

1. WBA

2. Leeds

3. Derby

4 Villa

The fourth having the strangest bunch of fans I’ve come across. They think they’re a massive club (akin to Barcelona) but have been celebrating that 5-0 win against ‘little’ Bristol City for the last 18 months.  They were insufferable for weeks before the game at Villa Park this season, wondering if we were ready for our big day out. It was their first sell out of the season ffs. 

Don't like Leeds obviously and I don't like Derby either. It's a shame one of them is guaranteed a place in the final. 

I don't mind West Brom but they're a bit like Norwich in that they are generally a waste of a spot in the Prem. 

Don't want Aston Villa to go up either, Grealish has put me right off them and get sick of all the attention they get in this division. 

So in answer to the OP - Nobody. 

Archived