Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

magunn

Who do we want to win playoffs?

Given that our participation is now not happening, who would we like to win the playoffs.

In reality for me it’s anyone but Villa, but if I had to choose it would be Derby for no other reason than it could of been us.

WBA. Don’t mind them and don’t want them in our league next season as they will be going for top two 

• Like 9

Who is most danger with FFP next season?

Or should I say, least? Want them out of the way....

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

WBA. Don’t mind them and don’t want them in our league next season as they will be going for top two 

I suspect all 3 playoff failures will see top two as their target next season with good reason. Hopefully FFP will clobber Villa.

• Like 1

Baggies (which auto-corrects to Veggies on my phone) for me.

Derby - questionable finances

Villa - Cashflow issues to FFP questions.

Leeds - well, they're Leeds, innit.

• Like 1

Most definitely not Aston Villa or Derby for obvious reasons!

Beyond that? Unpopular view on this forum but I wouldn't be so objecting to Leeds going up because West Brom are just a bit of a yoyo club.

Same old sides going up and down gets boring after a while. Norwich another- as clubs they're much less objectionable than the other playoff contenders but fairly frequent yoyoing seems boring- predictable even.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, magunn said:

Given that our participation is now not happening, who would we like to win the playoffs.

In reality for me it’s anyone but Villa, but if I had to choose it would be Derby for no other reason than it could of been us.

WBA. The least obnoxious of the 4. Hull fans we were chatting to after the game agreed. 

• Like 2

Villa or Leeds, lets be honest these are bigger clubs than us that we cant compete with on a 50/50 basis yet.

Thats not to say West Brom and especially Derby arent better resourced clubs (excluding parachute misnomers) but we are fighting our way towards that level. 

Plus Derby are lucky and I dont like them.

Edited by cidercity1987

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

They would be my choice too. Get rid of a team with parachute payments.

Even though we surrender just about all our points to both Leeds and Villa i want them to stay down as maybe villa without Tammy, and might they sell Grealish? They might not be such a force. Same for Leeds, dont want them back in the Prem.

As for Derby, i didnt think they were too special. Take FL away and they are not so great. 

West Brom. Decent club, decent fans. 

However, one of the two obnoxious 'big' clubs would be no loss. 

Not really bothered about Derby. 

I don't like any of them.

Look forward to whoever goes up being murdered every week.

West Brom.  Although they’ve been in a play off spot for so long they’ve kind of forgot what they’re doing there !  No real great form , 

hate leeds , but if they did go up one less away trip up north ! 

1. WBA

2. Leeds

3. Derby

4 Villa

The fourth having the strangest bunch of fans I’ve come across. They think they’re a massive club (akin to Barcelona) but have been celebrating that 5-0 win against ‘little’ Bristol City for the last 18 months.  They were insufferable for weeks before the game at Villa Park this season, wondering if we were ready for our big day out. It was their first sell out of the season ffs. 

Don't like Leeds obviously and I don't like Derby either. It's a shame one of them is guaranteed a place in the final. 

I don't mind West Brom but they're a bit like Norwich in that they are generally a waste of a spot in the Prem. 

Don't want Aston Villa to go up either, Grealish has put me right off them and get sick of all the attention they get in this division. 

So in answer to the OP - Nobody. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

West Brom, then Leeds, if only for them to get a Premiership dicking and finally realise that they’re not that big a club anymore. I’d be mightily pissed if FLDC goes up simply for the Sky and BT sport love-in, and Villa for the FFP piss-take

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Don't like Leeds obviously and I don't like Derby either. It's a shame one of them is guaranteed a place in the final. 

I don't mind West Brom but they're a bit like Norwich in that they are generally a waste of a spot in the Prem. 

Don't want Aston Villa to go up either, Grealish has put me right off them and get sick of all the attention they get in this division. 

So in answer to the OP - Nobody. 

Next year OV, it will be City and Wednesday, automatics........I just have that feeling as approaching 70, God will hear my prayers 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Edited by oldstandrobin
  • Like 3

Villa cos of the Kodjia bonuses. Plus I think they will be the biggest threat if they stay down. 

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Most definitely not Aston Villa or Derby for obvious reasons!

Beyond that? Unpopular view on this forum but I wouldn't be so objecting to Leeds going up because West Brom are just a bit of a yoyo club.

Same old sides going up and down gets boring after a while. Norwich another- as clubs they're much less objectionable than the other playoff contenders but fairly frequent yoyoing seems boring- predictable even.

+1

24 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Villa cos of the Kodjia bonuses. Plus I think they will be the biggest threat if they stay down. 

Not with their decimated squad, transfer embargo and -12pts start! 👀

WBA v Leeds final would be good.

With WBA winning.

Baggies and Derby fans down to earth in my experience, the other two are off the scale in terms of arrogance and ignorance.

Now that we're out of the picture I really couldn't care less

• Like 1

Leeds because we never seem to beat them  and the other 3 teams are closer to home 

think villa will win if I were to bet

• Like 1

WBA.

If Villa don’t go up then their parachute payments stop and they will be in big trouble.

Sadly I see a Leeds Villa final in what must be a game that most neutral fans want to see neither team win. 

WBA are the only team who would still be on parachute money next season so has to be them, unfortunately don't think they're good enough to win it

In order:

1.Derby 

2.West Brom

3.Leeds

4.Villa

Strange one this year as I think all the clubs I have some kind of dislike for, for completely different reasons!

Baggies as they seem the least objectionable of the four. If not them, Leeds I suppose just so`s we don`t have to lose to them next season. If FLDC don`t go up they will probably go back to just being DC as FL will **** off to somewhere the grass is greener. Villa, well it would just be funny if they balls it up again.

Leeds, miles away joke ticket prices and hate their fans. 

Sooner we are rid of them the better

• Like 2