IGNORED

Brighton, Fulham and WBA after Johnson

BessexRED

Article published this morning that Johnson’s a man in demand.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/776739/Fulham-West-Brom-Brighton-new-manager-Bristol-City-Lee-Johnson-EXCLUSIVE/amp

He’d without a doubt tell West Brom and Fulham to do one, but let’s be fair whilst not a massive club Brighton would be a great club to work at. 3/4 years ahead of where we are.

If they sacked Hughton and went for him then we wouldn’t be able to do much better than getting Hughton in ourselves....

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Who knows. I don’t think any of the clubs mentioned will actually take LJ and I don’t think he would go yet either. 

I quite agree.  Not sure why Brighton would come in for him.  I also don't think many chairmen would have the patience with him that SL has shown.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

On the subject of managers (possibly) leaving, the managerial merry-go-round etc

Why were the Hull fans singing they want Adkins to stay? He's someone I've always had time for tbh. What's the story there?

GO said he was out of contract.

"Bristol City is a fantastic club. This is my team, my club if you like, and I'm solely focused on driving it forward."

Not based only on that comment but i can't see him moving to any of those sides. Why?

20 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

On the subject of managers (possibly) leaving, the managerial merry-go-round etc

Why were the Hull fans singing they want Adkins to stay? He's someone I've always had time for tbh. What's the story there?

This was posted elsewhere by a Hull fan; 

Yeah, but with Adkins maybe abandoning ship along with quite a few players, Bristol are in better shape out of the two of us. Rumour is that he might go to Middlesbrough this summer - can't say I blame him.

It is actually quite simple - LJ expects significant investment this summer, witness his recent comments.

IF, that is not forthcoming initially, then it’s quite useful to have ‘rumours’ around of other clubs being interested in him.

That MAY influence the owners investment plans, if it doesn’t it’s then out in the market that LJ, MAY be tempted away.

The HC is an ambitious bloke, and if he feels the clubs doesn’t match his ambitions then he could well be off.

I'd hate to see him go as I'm of the firm belief he will continue to blossom and, given an extra couple of quid, could lead this club to giddy new heights.

But... part of me would be happy for him to go if for no other reason than to finally shut the bloody moaning, whinging bellends you get online that are determined he has nothing to offer. It would be interesting to see what would happen should they get their wish! 

3 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I'd hate to see him go as I'm of the firm belief he will continue to blossom and, given an extra couple of quid, could lead this club to giddy new heights.

But... part of me would be happy for him to go if for no other reason than to finally shut the bloody moaning, whinging bellends you get online that are determined he has nothing to offer. It would be interesting to see what would happen should they get their wish! 

Whoever is manager, there will always be moaning, whinging bellends! Ever was it thus.

9 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

LJ is going nowhere for now, no way any of those 3 going to offer him a role... 

Johnson will be a leading candidate for a top championship club now....ala smith at villa

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I think Brighton would appeal to him. Not sure the other two would, currently.

I disagree, a West Brom side with Gayle Rodriguez will be exciting for him (Assuming they keep Gayle)

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

"Bristol City is a fantastic club. This is my team, my club if you like, and I'm solely focused on driving it forward."

Not based only on that comment but i can't see him moving to any of those sides. Why?

Hardly sounds like a bloke about to say goodbye.

Like to take this chance to say thanks to Lee and the job he has done.

There were times when i had serious doubts like most, but the guy genuinely loves BCFC and has turned it right round.

I'll be honest, I'd be gutted if he were to leave. Gutted.

Archived