IGNORED

Brighton, Fulham and WBA after Johnson

BessexRED

7 minutes ago, Lez said:

Johnson will be a leading candidate for a top championship club now....ala smith at villa

Why?  For leading us to 11th and now 8th after being in fantastic positions to make the top 6?

Time will tell, I simply can't see what he has on his CV for a 'bigger' club to come in for him.

11 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

He'll take a Crown or Dulux colour chart (green shades) with him to check....

How about Johnstone's? you'd have thought that winning the trophy entitled us to a hefty discount...

1 hour ago, Busterrimes said:

Parachute Payments plus a Billionaire owner willing to spend.

Having blown £100m and been relegated I doubt their finances are going to be that good. Much depends on whether the EFL regards them as big enough to be able to ignore FFP though. ?

After reading the article some of you may jump to the easy conclusion that it’s a nothing story lacking in any actual news.

I would suggest that it actually takes some literary talent to physically produce copy of this nature.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Having blown £100m and been relegated I doubt their finances are going to be that good. Much depends on whether the EFL regards them as big enough to be able to ignore FFP though. ?

Them and Cardiff only get PPs for two seasons as they came straight back down!

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Why?  For leading us to 11th and now 8th after being in fantastic positions to make the top 6?

Time will tell, I simply can't see what he has on his CV for a 'bigger' club to come in for him.

What did Dean Smith have on his CV for Villa to come in for him?

7 hours ago, Northern Red said:

What did Dean Smith have on his CV for Villa to come in for him?

Fair point to an extent. Smith lead Brentford to 9th, 10th & 9th BUT he did that on a shoestring budget whilst playing generally acknowledged entertaining attacking passing football.

LJ hasn't had the major bucks to spend compared to some in the championship but he has had way more to spend than Smith ever had at Brentford and achieved about the same.

13 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

On the subject of managers (possibly) leaving, the managerial merry-go-round etc

Why were the Hull fans singing they want Adkins to stay? He's someone I've always had time for tbh. What's the story there?

I hope they let Bowen go to us!

I think one way or another LJ will be here for one more season unless we get promoted/play off final.  Either he will be backed and deemed to have failed or won’t be sufficiently backed and leave on his own terms.  Either way, it’s a pivotal season for our club.

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

I think one way or another LJ will be here for one more season unless we get promoted/play off final.  Either he will be backed and deemed to have failed or won’t be sufficiently backed and leave on his own terms.  Either way, it’s a pivotal season for our club.

It is, you are 100% correct.

It is also going to be a hugely interesting summer.

15 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Yep.....possibly the fact he has overachieved with us....especially considering the competition last 2 season's.

What has Dean Smith achieved? Now in charge of the biggest team in the league....people underestimate the regard these managers are held in

2 hours ago, BessexRED said:

EE0643E9-9BD8-4B3F-B818-107E0CD181C3.jpeg

Yep, that’s standard PR gabble - you intimated you thought he’d go to Brighton - given his reply above, he wouldn’t go anywhere then?

I think he’d consider both WBA and Fulham  - standard answers to direct questions in an interview don’t really mean anything ...

19 hours ago, chinapig said:

And interestingly enough there is no guarantee Warnock will be at Cardiff next season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/05/cardiff-city-neil-warnock-premier-league-relegation

He will stay , he will give it a , i will see over the  summer , then.  It’s in my blood.  

Pretty sure he will be at Cardiff next year 

7 minutes ago, kivsy said:

He will stay , he will give it a , i will see over the  summer , then.  It’s in my blood.  

Pretty sure he will be at Cardiff next year 

I think I agree  Cardiff are in pretty reasonable shape and must be in with a shout of the autos or play offs at least.  I reckon Colin would love yet another promotion to the PL on his CV,

40 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

WBA Yes Mr. Johnson but we are offering 50k per week.

LJ: Where do I sign ?

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, that’s standard PR gabble - you intimated you thought he’d go to Brighton - given his reply above, he wouldn’t go anywhere then?

I think he’d consider both WBA and Fulham  - standard answers to direct questions in an interview don’t really mean anything ...

Whatever — I don’t really care. I like Johnson, not always been his biggest fan so wouldn’t lose any sleep if he went.

Read into his comments whatever you want, he’s turned down a bigger club than West Brom that are known to pay their staff very handsomely. 

Archived