IGNORED

Brighton, Fulham and WBA after Johnson

BessexRED

5 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Whatever — I don’t really care. I like Johnson, not always been his biggest fan so wouldn’t lose any sleep if he went.

Read into his comments whatever you want, he’s turned down a bigger club than West Brom that are known to pay their staff very handsomely. 

Who has he turned down?

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I take it you don’t know then @BessexRED or you made it up?!

I do, nor do I care if you believe I made it up, but won't post it on a public forum when Johnson himself wouldn't give the details away of who he turned down earlier in the season during the digital Q&A.

13 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I do, nor do I care if you believe I made it up, but won't post it on a public forum when Johnson himself wouldn't give the details away of who he turned down earlier in the season during the digital Q&A.

So the inference came from LJ himself  and the media didn't pick it up ?

Sounds like our HC has been taking a spin doctor course to add to his badges.

Not saying you're making it up incidentally.

5 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

He was talking about loyalties to the club and the clubs loyalties to him and he said something like the board have backed me in times of hardship and I've stayed loyal to the club when I could have gone elsewhere.

As I said I'm not arsed if people think I'm making it up mate, my track record on here speaks for itself so I've nothing to prove.

8 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I remember it well.  Something about loyalty from both sides (SL and him).

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

He was talking about loyalties to the club and the clubs loyalties to him and he said something like the board have backed me in times of hardship and I've stayed loyal to the club when I could have gone elsewhere.

As I said I'm not arsed if people think I'm making it up mate, my track record on here speaks for itself so I've nothing to prove.

Must learn to type faster.

3 hours ago, BessexRED said:

So I am now confused - if LJ didn’t give away the club then how can you state that they pay very well, if you don’t know who they are?

Not having a pop but genuinely confused

46 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

So I am now confused - if LJ didn’t give away the club then how can you state that they pay very well, if you don’t know who they are?

Not having a pop but genuinely confused

I do know who they are, it was mentioned to me before LJ did that Q&A. Not my intention to come across as “ITK” — I’m certainly not, but I get bits and bobs from someone who is from time to time and don’t share any information that I’m told not to out of politeness.

4 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Well if LJ wouldn’t give the details of who he turned down, then how do you know which club it was?! 

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

I do know who they are, it was mentioned to me before LJ did that Q&A. Not my intention to come across as “ITK” — I’m certainly not, but I get bits and bobs from someone who is from time to time and don’t share any information that I’m told not to out of politeness.

But you did share information - you said LJ turned down a club which pays very well -  if another club had officially offered LJ the job as their manager it would have been all over the media, yet it wasn’t - and if you’ve been told it was Villa then you were told erroneous info ...

@BS4 on Tour... I’ve read some posts on here where the poster has swore blind their info they were sharing was true and I’ve still thought it was bollocks so I get where you’re coming from.

As said previously, you can choose to believe me or not, I’m really not bothered. I was told the information and then Johnson made the comment in the Q&A which backed it up somewhat. Go with whatever you please.

If you think everything in footballmakes the media as well you’re a tad naive. I often read stories/anecdotes in auto-biographies of ex-players or managers; whether some of them are slightly twisted to sell copies I don’t know but there’s so many examples there’s bound to be a percentage of them that are true.

4 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Are you deliberately not reading my posts or just choosing to ignore them?

Ditto - do you really think that LJ being officially offered the manager’s job at another club would have been met with a total media blackout - with you being the only one outside the club who was fully briefed on it?! 

Fantasy land - he was not offered the Villa job and I can’t think who else you would mean - if you come on here saying ‘LJ has turned down the manager’s job at another club which pays well’ then you must expect to be asked which club that is? Yet you then say you don’t share confidential info on here, having already done so .... then you refuse to name the club .... and you don’t think that, and your ITK claims, would be questioned? 

5 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

@BS4 on Tour... I’ve read some posts on here where the poster has swore blind their info they were sharing was true and I’ve still thought it was bollocks so I get where you’re coming from.

As said previously, you can choose to believe me or not, I’m really not bothered. I was told the information and then Johnson made the comment in the Q&A which backed it up somewhat. Go with whatever you please.

If you think everything in footballmakes the media as well you’re a tad naive. I often read stories/anecdotes in auto-biographies of ex-players or managers; whether some of them are slightly twisted to sell copies I don’t know but there’s so many examples there’s bound to be a percentage of them that are true.

I’m naive? I’ve worked with the media for over 30 years - football clubs offering the job of being their manager to the manager of another club is not the sort of story to be swept under the carpet - the media loves the ‘managerial merry go round’ and the rumours which surround it - they would not ignore an approach or refuse to cover it ....

Footballers’ autobiographies are not a fantastic source of neutral, credible info ...

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ditto - do you really think that LJ being officially offered the manager’s job at another club would have been met with a total media blackout - with you being the only one outside the club who was fully briefed on it?! 

Fantasy land - he was not offered the Villa job and I can’t think who else you would mean - if you come on here saying ‘LJ has turned down the manager’s job at another club which pays well’ then you must expect to be asked which club that is? Yet you then say you don’t share confidential info on here, having already done so .... then you refuse to name the club .... and you don’t think that, and your ITK claims, would be questioned? 

Again, I question if you’re actually reading my posts as I’ve said to you several times Johnson referred in the Q&A about showing loyalty to the club when he could’ve jumped ship, and Lansdown to him when he could’ve pulled the trigger.

Who mentioned Villa? You've come to that conclusion and now you’re implying you have some inside information that we don’t, I’d now interrogate you on how and what you’ve been told if I was as bothered about it as you are.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

As far as I can see you’ve pulled sometching out of thin air and not backed it up.

Doesn’t seem like a strong reason imo

Pulled it out of thin air if you disregard that the bloke in question has claimed he’s stayed loyal to the club when had opportunities to go elsewhere.

My track record speaks for itself on here. Believe whatever what you want. 

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

Pulled it out of thin air if you disregard that the bloke in question has claimed he’s stayed loyal to the club when had opportunities to go elsewhere.

My track record speaks for itself on here. Believe whatever what you want. 

That doesn’t automatically mean a bigger club paying bigger money came in for him. It could mean that he could have walked when we were going through a tough time but decided that he wanted to stay. 

I’ve got no clue about your ‘track record’ and nor do I care about it. Currently it looks like you’ve pulled a rumour out of thin air until you back it up with facts

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That doesn’t automatically mean a bigger club paying bigger money came in for him. It could mean that he could have walked when we were going through a tough time but decided that he wanted to stay. 

I’ve got no clue about your ‘track record’ and nor do I care about it. Currently it looks like you’ve pulled a rumour out of thin air until you back it up with facts

What constitutes as a fact in this instance then in the mind of JBFC II?

If I was to name the club, would that be regarded a fact? There’s no way of proving it factually, unless you hear it from the man himself or the club in question, and funnily enough the man himself gave a massive lead about it.

8 minutes ago, Super said:

So i'm guessing that actually none of these clubs are after him?

I don’t think so. It was reported by the Star yesterday but since Fulham have appointed Parker.

the quote you're talking about is - "I’ve been faithful - I’ve stayed when there have been options. As long as they’ll have me then I’m happy to stay."

I've never actually watched it but got morning off and have been meaning to so I'll get to it now. Sounds like lots of interesting pieces came out of it!

17 minutes ago, FOTC! said:

the quote you're talking about is - "I’ve been faithful - I’ve stayed when there have been options. As long as they’ll have me then I’m happy to stay."

I've never actually watched it but got morning off and have been meaning to so I'll get to it now. Sounds like lots of interesting pieces came out of it!

Funny how those options were never proven though.

Pure spin imo. Not knocking him if he thinks it helps his career but I question if we might actually get some evidence from sources other than the man himself.

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Funny how those options were never proven though.

Pure spin imo. Not knocking him if he thinks it helps his career but I question if we might actually get some evidence from sources other than the man himself.

Possible I think loon plage. What must be approaching 2 years ago now I was told by Dean Holden who neighbours my folks home that Johnson was a man in demand after asking about the rumours of a lower league team like oldham or walsall wanting him. Didn't press him on any details but he was still getting his feet under the table at this stage, when he joined it coinicided with a bad run of form so people were quick 2 point the finger at him.

By pure logic. If clubs look at players who have just missed out on playoffs or promotion then, by the same thinking, surely they look at Managers who have narrowly missed out too? So it wouldn’t be a complete shock if someone like Johnson was being linked to jobs.

Archived