IGNORED

Brighton, Fulham and WBA after Johnson

BessexRED

51 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Don't forget bookies don't "know" it's just a time weighted probably algorithm based on the bets being placed so if couple hundred people read this and think it's worth a 10er then that will make him favourite quite quickly. 

Yes, but the big boys are not daft. While they can’t get it right every time when they make up a book they try to ensure the odds are heavily in their favour. If they don’t like the way the market is developing they will lay off to alter that market. 

9 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Ask the remaining 12,000 Brighton fans that when they end up in League One.

I think stable clubs at their level can hanker for better football but not when you are hanging on for gim death.

You say that but a mate of mine who`s been a Saints STH for practically her entire life said to me recently that she`s getting sick of just trying to stay up every season with no chance of ever winning anything and would rather get relegated so she can start enjoying her football again. She`d like to have a chance of going toe to toe with the top sides in the division again with a chance of winning rather than just trying to finish fourth from bottom of a mini league of about eight clubs. I spoke to her after they beat Wolves which effectively made them safe for another year and said you must be pleased and she just said `yeah I suppose so`.

I can see where she`s coming from TBH.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

You say that but a mate of mine who`s been a Saints STH for practically her entire life said to me recently that she`s getting sick of just trying to stay up every season with no chance of ever winning anything and would rather get relegated so she can start enjoying her football again. She`d like to have a chance of going toe to toe with the top sides in the division again with a chance of winning rather than just trying to finish fourth from bottom of a mini league of about eight clubs. I spoke to her after they beat Wolves which effectively made them safe for another year and said you must be pleased and she just said `yeah I suppose so`.

The very real problem with that is they might not end up fighting at the top end......

They may  also find that getting out of this league is rather harder that she expected.

Be careful what you wish for....

14 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Brighton WON'T appoint LJ.

The only way Lee Johnson will manage in the Prem is if he gets promoted to the Prem.

End of story.

agree with that. Fulham taken now by Parker, WBA almost taken with Michael Appleton waiting in the wings. Brighton, no way. LJ will still be regarded as a risk for many clubs. Seen by many as a potential top manager, he is still has too much to prove at this stage ie a few long runs of poor games, tinkering when not needed (on flanks) and not tinkering when needed (middle of the park)

22 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

The very real problem with that is they might not end up fighting at the top end......

They may  also find that getting out of this league is rather harder that she expected.

Be careful what you wish for....

Oh absolutely. Having said that you`d like to think a club like Saints (who seem to be pretty well run compared to many) wouldn`t go into freefall and would be up there so I can see her point to a certain extent. After all, once you stop enjoying it, is there really any point in going? Many on here were saying earlier this season that, despite us grinding out 1-0s, they weren`t enjoying what they were watching - after all, it is supposed to be entertainment and I would prefer to be consistently challenging at the top playing entertaining football (even if we didn`t go up) rather than sticking eight behind the ball at home and trying not to lose.

On 13/05/2019 at 16:52, AppyDAZE said:

Brighton WON'T appoint LJ.

The only way Lee Johnson will manage in the Prem is if he gets promoted to the Prem.

End of story.

They have made a approach for Potter so I don't know how you can say with certainty that they won't appoint LJ.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Oh absolutely. Having said that you`d like to think a club like Saints (who seem to be pretty well run compared to many) wouldn`t go into freefall and would be up there so I can see her point to a certain extent. After all, once you stop enjoying it, is there really any point in going? Many on here were saying earlier this season that, despite us grinding out 1-0s, they weren`t enjoying what they were watching - after all, it is supposed to be entertainment and I would prefer to be consistently challenging at the top playing entertaining football (even if we didn`t go up) rather than sticking eight behind the ball at home and trying not to lose.

But they did go into free fall all the way to league one?

On 13/05/2019 at 19:58, Red Right Hand said:

I bet she was well pleased when they were relegated to league one. Sunderland fans must also be delighted visiting stadiums like the memorial ground instead of the Etihad.

21 hours ago, Up The City! said:

They have made a approach for Potter so I don't know how you can say with certainty that they won't appoint LJ.

But they did go into free fall all the way to league one?

A long time ago in football terms and to compare the way Saints are run to Sunderland is not really comparable IMO.

Anyway, I`m just passing on a conversation I had with a fellow football fan.

Well, it seems that Brighton, WBA, Fulham and now Swansea are all not interested in having LJ as their manager - perhaps we were under the radar after all! 

It looks like WBA are targeting Hughton or Cowley and LJ isn’t being mentioned at all in connection to the Swansea job - other ambitious clubs in our division don’t seem to rate him ....

38 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, it seems that Brighton, WBA, Fulham and now Swansea are all not interested in having LJ as their manager - perhaps we were under the radar after all! 

It looks like WBA are targeting Hughton or Cowley and LJ isn’t being mentioned at all in connection to the Swansea job - other ambitious clubs in our division don’t seem to rate him ....

To be fair there is no way on earth he would go to Swansea and they know it so it’s a non story there. 

As for the others fair enough. But For all we know though they could of enquired and were rebuffed.

17 hours ago, milo1111 said:

To be fair there is no way on earth he would go to Swansea and they know it so it’s a non story there. 

As for the others fair enough. But For all we know though they could of enquired and were rebuffed.

The hard evidence suggests however that none of them were interested in the slightest.

Even the speculation followed that route such as the bookies.

If he delivers a playoff spot next season then maybe he will be taken seriously by people who work in the game and employ football managers.

Archived