IGNORED

Tomas Kalas

Corsham Alf

3 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

I was at todays match and Kalas came over on his own after the final whistle to applaud our fans.

To me it was indicative that he will be moving on this summer.

I sure hope I’m wrong but I can’t see us securing his services.

All the players must be leaving then as they all clapped the fans!

Hear me out please and correct me if I'm wrong.

IF TK is happy to come here on a permanent deal and doesn't ask for a move, aren't Chelsea obliged to pay any difference between what he earns now and what we're prepared to pay him for the remainder of his existing contract?

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Looks like a bloke who is unhappy to be leaving to me..

Image may contain: 1 person, text

I don't think we've seen the last of Mr Kalas just yet. 

Maybe he believes they would stay given the right offer. Maybe that’s an example of what LJ means by the club matching his ambitions. 

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

IF TK is happy to come here on a permanent deal and doesn't ask for a move, aren't Chelsea obliged to pay any difference between what he earns now and what we're prepared to pay him for the remainder of his existing contract?

Correct.

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Surely Chelsea can just recall him, loan him elsewhere, accept offers from other clubs ( and if Kalas doesn’t agree terms he just stays at Chelsea?). Or am I missing something?

8 minutes ago, Lucan said:

I have never heard that.  Is that an FA rule or something?

I've no idea Lucan. I had heard it so wondered if anyone knew if it was correct.

Something we can certainly utilise for the likes of TK and possibly any rumoured move for Assomalonga? 

9 minutes ago, Lucan said:

I have never heard that.  Is that an FA rule or something?

No it’s embedded in law. He is on a contract. If Chelsea want to transfer him he will be entitled to damages for breach as he’s kept himself available. Damages will be the difference between earnings up to the expiry of his Chelsea deal. A transfer request is him asking to be released from his contract; hence why the entitlement o damages goes away. 

14 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

As far as I know not quite: 

As long as a player never openly states he wants to leave, the old club have to pay up his old contract in full. And he then gets to negotiate the new wage.

It's one part of the transfer jigsaw,  it's also why players state they are happy where they are only (almost pledging undying loyalty) to Then move the next day.....as if they hand in a transfer request,  the get nothing of their old remaining  contract.

It's why players are so reluctant to do it.

He'll have better offers. More's the pity.

Would be immense if he stayed. 

I'll be especially disappointed if he opts to play in Scotland next season - ie. in a 2 horse race, 50% of the league are pub fodder, and although Champions League football is on the fixture list (which is what Celtic will dangle under his agent's nose) the reality is Celtic will be knocked out in the qualifying rounds.

Professionally, he's far better off putting down roots in the West Country rather than the West End of Glasgow. But money will probably win the day and if a player wanted to signal the fact that he's enjoyed his time but is off, I can' think of a better way than throwing your shirt into the crowd at the last home and away games of the season. Which is a bloody shame.      

1 minute ago, The turtle said:

As far as I know not quite: 

As long as a player never openly states he wants to leave, the old club have to pay up his old contract in full. And he then gets to negotiate the new wage.

It's one part of the transfer jigsaw,  it's also why players state they are happy where they are only (almost pledging undying loyalty) to Then move the next day.....as if they hand in a transfer request,  the get nothing of their old remaining  contract.

It's why players are so reluctant to do it.

I think you’re wrong on a few things. 

Players only get paid the difference in wages. If he’s on 25k and moves to us on 15k he’ll get the rest paid for his initial contract length. 

Players can say what they want, they only lose this right when the officially hand in a transfer request, in writing. 

The one player I truly believe we need to do our utmost to keep.

Him and Webster have a fantastic understanding as a CB pairing.

If we can keep him and DaSilva...with Webster, we have the makings of the best back four in the Championship if we can upgrade on Hunt.

Keep those two and add Tammy and we'd go up imo. 

Imagine...if only...

.........................Nicki......................

RB.........Kalas...........Webster....Jay

....................Pack/another...............

.....Brownhill.....................Pato........

.......................... Palmer...................

...............Reid................Tammy........

???

58 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

I was at todays match and Kalas came over on his own after the final whistle to applaud our fans.

To me it was indicative that he will be moving on this summer.

I sure hope I’m wrong but I can’t see us securing his services.

These are the type of players we need to keep hold of, if we are to target improvement on this season and possible promotion.

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

The one player I truly believe we need to do our utmost to keep.

Him and Webster have a fantastic understanding as a CB pairing.

If we can keep him and DaSilva...with Webster, we have the makings of the best back four in the Championship if we can upgrade on Hunt.

Keep those two and add Tammy and we'd go up imo. 

Imagine...if only...

.........................Nicki......................

RB.........Kalas...........Webster....Jay

....................Pack/another...............

.....Brownhill.....................Pato........

.......................... Palmer...................

...............Reid................Tammy........

???

I'm afraid you spoilt your very good post by having Pack, Paterson and Palmer in midfield. We need better, more consistent performers than these if we are to make upward progress.

51 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

He's usually first to come over and clap us most away games. 

Think he can get a move to a side with bigger wages personally. Wait and see shall we!

Agreed - I thought the same. To be honest, he's often first to come over at home games too.

4 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

He’s a gonner, far too good for us.

I’m not sure about far too good. He was badly taken apart against England - exactly sort of players he would be facing if we ever went up. 

But he is very good at this level obviously. 

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm afraid you spoilt your very good post by having Pack, Paterson and Palmer in midfield. We need better, more consistent performers than these if we are to make upward progress.

I'd prefer an upgrade over Pack tbh.

However...if we were to go for it, this is the mix of quality players we'd need to keep and try to sign imo.

Just now, maxjak said:

Surely he's more ambitious than That?  Surely he would want to play at a higher level than where he is presently?   ?

You don’t even need the emoji....the Champ is a far better standard....the only draw of Celtic is European games...and that might be short-lived.

Archived