IGNORED

Tomas Kalas

Corsham Alf

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You don’t even need the emoji....the Champ is a far better standard....the only draw of Celtic is European games...and that might be short-lived.

Yep Gotta say that Celtic would do well to finish mid table in the Championship.......they'd be in shock at it's competitivness, seeing as they only play around 6 competitive games a season?

41 minutes ago, spudski said:

The one player I truly believe we need to do our utmost to keep.

Him and Webster have a fantastic understanding as a CB pairing.

If we can keep him and DaSilva...with Webster, we have the makings of the best back four in the Championship if we can upgrade on Hunt.

Keep those two and add Tammy and we'd go up imo. 

Imagine...if only...

.........................Nicki......................

RB.........Kalas...........Webster....Jay

....................Pack/another...............

.....Brownhill.....................Pato........

.......................... Palmer...................

...............Reid................Tammy........

???

Reid wanted to leave, why would we want him back? Need to look foward not backwards..... Same with Tammy really.... 

It'll just be his preference, does he want to go out on loan or settle down, whether with us or someone else. If he wants to move somewhere permanently though it can't hurt being the last club he was at and seemingly enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, CityBS15 said:

Reid took his opportunity to set himself up for life and get an opportunity to play in the Prem and play against the best...I don't blame him.

However...Reid and Tammy are exactly the type of players that suit our style of play imo...and the quality needed up front to go up.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You don’t even need the emoji....the Champ is a far better standard....the only draw of Celtic is European games...and that might be short-lived.

And he would certainly not be on more money.

It is a myth that The Bigit Brothers can afford big wages - they can’t.

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

The way Kalas came over today - he won’t be here next season.

Sorry but how would you know that? I was there too,  he was first over to the fans and all he did was clap? Maybe he just appreciates the support?

30 minutes ago, leadman said:

Wouldn't be suprised if semenyo was in on any deal between us and chelsea

Chelsea can't bring anyone in , can they? I could be wrong and someone could explain how this transfer embargo is going to work maybe.

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Amen to that... but will depend on the player himself, no doubt he will get other offers.

I can see him going to a champions league club in Europe.....ala Hörður 

16 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Just can’t see us being able to afford his wage. Great player but maybe a step above what we can do wages wise at the moment. 

I don’t think he’s on *that* much. I think someone mentioned around 25k, we’re paying Baker 20k to sit on his broken arse. Shift the glass man and give Kalas 25k with a promotion pay rise. If we don’t push the boat out a little this summer we’ll just end up repeating ourselves 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Lots of ifs and buts.

The main one, if Chelsea want to sell him!!  They can afford to continue paying him £25k per week.  They can loan him to someone else.

Aren’t they restricted with the amount of loans they can make?

As he is 25 and nearing his peak I wouldn’t be surprised if they cashed in. 

If he wants to come here we have to try and get him, he’s class

5 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

I don’t think he’s on *that* much. I think someone mentioned around 25k, we’re paying Baker 20k to sit on his broken arse. Shift the glass man and give Kalas 25k with a promotion pay rise. If we don’t push the boat out a little this summer we’ll just end up repeating ourselves 

Ah ok, I thought I’d read he was north of 40k! Would definitely  push the boat out for 25k worth every penny IMO. 

23 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Just can’t see us being able to afford his wage. Great player but maybe a step above what we can do wages wise at the moment. 

Sell baker and then we automatically have 20k wages freed up, if Kalas is 25-30k then so be it 

I would be delighted if Kalas signed permanently. That said, I wouldn't write off the lure of joining Celtic - despite the below average standard of the league they do tick a few boxes; european football, big stadium, a club known worldwide and a proven pathway of generating moves and interest in their better players (van Dijk, Wanyama, Forster, Dembele, Armstrong, Ntcham, Tierney, Boyata et al have all moved or been the subject of offers in recent years).

Hopefully City have done enough to show him that not only are we progressing as a club, but we can also offer the same pathway if we don't get promoted (with the sales of Reid and Bryan).

My biggest surprise will be if a mid/lower half EPL side doesn't come in for him, I certainly think he has the ability to play at that level given the opportunity and that would immediately offer him something both City and Celtic couldn't - top level football and big money.

57 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Sorry but how would you know that? I was there too,  he was first over to the fans and all he did was clap? Maybe he just appreciates the support?

He came forward like no one else did and did it for a fair while. I may be wrong but I suspect strongly it was to say farewell. 

He did a similar thing at the final home game too.

I would love him to stay but from what I've seen at those two games it looks unlikely.

1 minute ago, Wade Wilson said:

Check my previous post, he’s on 23k not 50

Interesting, do you believe that’s what he is his on with City or what he is contractually being paid by Chelsea?

Archived