IGNORED

Tomas Kalas

Corsham Alf

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Interesting, do you believe that’s what he is his on with City or what he is contractually being paid by Chelsea?

I believe we are paying all his wages and that source has him on 23k back when he was with Fulham, which was when he signed his newest contract. It all tracks tbh, I mean Loftus-Cheek is only on 35k at the moment.  

I think that when LJ talks about trading, and about surprises, we may see more than just bringing in some quality and moving on some bit part players. 

Something more like accepting a big big offer for Webster, use that to secure Kalas and Dasilva, Lloyd Kelly steps up next season into his preferred left CB role, (which would give us the complete left side of the England U21 back four as well as a better balance that a Webster/Kelly pairing) with Baker and Vyner and Wright as cover. 

Im not suggesting that's what will happen, or would be the right move, but I think it's the kind of trade offs we'll be making.

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

I think that when LJ talks about trading, and about surprises, we may see more than just bringing in some quality and moving on some bit part players. 

Something more like accepting a big big offer for Webster, use that to secure Kalas and Dasilva, Lloyd Kelly steps up next season into his preferred left CB role, (which would give us the complete left side of the England U21 back four as well as a better balance that a Webster/Kelly pairing) with Baker and Vyner and Pisano/Hunt/ANOther as cover. 

Im not suggesting that's what will happen, or would be the right move, but I think it's the kind of trade offs we'll be making.

He also talked about Webster being out for 4 or 5 weeks but it didn't matter because he would be back for pre-season training.

Given that his condition for selling Flint was that we had to sign Webster I would be very surprised if we sold him after one season with LJ's blessing.

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

There would be the risk of another David James scenario. Plus of course Pep turfed him out because he couldn't play out from the back, which is what LJ wants our keeper to do.

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

There would be the risk of another David James scenario. Plus of course Pep turfed him out because he couldn't play out from the back, which is what LJ wants our keeper to do.

James was late 30s when we got him Joe still 32 if wages no problem could be no brainer...

I wonder if he could be persuaded to move to Fulham if they came sniffing? Knows the area, much of the team and the fans like him plus he wouldn't need to move far.  Also, he might find it easier to get his wages covered from a team just relegated/with parachute payments. 

Would love it if he stayed though. 

54 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

I believe we are paying all his wages and that source has him on 23k back when he was with Fulham, which was when he signed his newest contract. It all tracks tbh, I mean Loftus-Cheek is only on 35k at the moment.  

I believe that also. 

51 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Anyone fancy Joe hart next season....... 

Hi, my names Max and I’d rather have Freeway!!!!

Archived