Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

I was at todays match and Kalas came over on his own after the final whistle to applaud our fans.

To me it was indicative that he will be moving on this summer.

I sure hope I’m wrong but I can’t see us securing his services.

3 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

I was at todays match and Kalas came over on his own after the final whistle to applaud our fans.

All the players must be leaving then as they all clapped the fans!

• Like 3
  • Aubergine 1

Hope that the club do some magic and keep him. By far and away my player of the season, quietly gets on with things whilst others get the credit. Just constantly solid.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Looks like a bloke who is unhappy to be leaving to me..

Image may contain: 1 person, text

I don't think we've seen the last of Mr Kalas just yet. 

I sure hope so. He’s been a Kalas act for us (poor pun)!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hear me out please and correct me if I'm wrong.

IF TK is happy to come here on a permanent deal and doesn't ask for a move, aren't Chelsea obliged to pay any difference between what he earns now and what we're prepared to pay him for the remainder of his existing contract?

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Looks like a bloke who is unhappy to be leaving to me..

Image may contain: 1 person, text

I don't think we've seen the last of Mr Kalas just yet. 

Maybe he believes they would stay given the right offer. Maybe that’s an example of what LJ means by the club matching his ambitions. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

IF TK is happy to come here on a permanent deal and doesn't ask for a move, aren't Chelsea obliged to pay any difference between what he earns now and what we're prepared to pay him for the remainder of his existing contract?

Correct.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Surely Chelsea can just recall him, loan him elsewhere, accept offers from other clubs ( and if Kalas doesn’t agree terms he just stays at Chelsea?). Or am I missing something?

Edited by italian dave

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I have never heard that.  Is that an FA rule or something?

8 minutes ago, Lucan said:

I've no idea Lucan. I had heard it so wondered if anyone knew if it was correct.

Something we can certainly utilise for the likes of TK and possibly any rumoured move for Assomalonga? 

9 minutes ago, Lucan said:

No it’s embedded in law. He is on a contract. If Chelsea want to transfer him he will be entitled to damages for breach as he’s kept himself available. Damages will be the difference between earnings up to the expiry of his Chelsea deal. A transfer request is him asking to be released from his contract; hence why the entitlement o damages goes away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

As far as I know not quite: 

As long as a player never openly states he wants to leave, the old club have to pay up his old contract in full. And he then gets to negotiate the new wage.

It's one part of the transfer jigsaw,  it's also why players state they are happy where they are only (almost pledging undying loyalty) to Then move the next day.....as if they hand in a transfer request,  the get nothing of their old remaining  contract.

It's why players are so reluctant to do it.

• Thanks 1

He'll have better offers. More's the pity.

Would be immense if he stayed. 

I'll be especially disappointed if he opts to play in Scotland next season - ie. in a 2 horse race, 50% of the league are pub fodder, and although Champions League football is on the fixture list (which is what Celtic will dangle under his agent's nose) the reality is Celtic will be knocked out in the qualifying rounds.

Professionally, he's far better off putting down roots in the West Country rather than the West End of Glasgow. But money will probably win the day and if a player wanted to signal the fact that he's enjoyed his time but is off, I can' think of a better way than throwing your shirt into the crowd at the last home and away games of the season. Which is a bloody shame.      

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 minute ago, The turtle said:

As far as I know not quite: 

As long as a player never openly states he wants to leave, the old club have to pay up his old contract in full. And he then gets to negotiate the new wage.

It's one part of the transfer jigsaw,  it's also why players state they are happy where they are only (almost pledging undying loyalty) to Then move the next day.....as if they hand in a transfer request,  the get nothing of their old remaining  contract.

It's why players are so reluctant to do it.

I think you’re wrong on a few things. 

Players only get paid the difference in wages. If he’s on 25k and moves to us on 15k he’ll get the rest paid for his initial contract length. 

Players can say what they want, they only lose this right when the officially hand in a transfer request, in writing. 

• Thanks 1

I imagine written transfer requests are pretty rare

3 minutes ago, LeBleuRuge said:

He will be at Celtic next season. 

Oh God I hope not .

Anywhere but there !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of ifs and buts.

The main one, if Chelsea want to sell him!!  They can afford to continue paying him £25k per week.  They can loan him to someone else.

The one player I truly believe we need to do our utmost to keep.

Him and Webster have a fantastic understanding as a CB pairing.

If we can keep him and DaSilva...with Webster, we have the makings of the best back four in the Championship if we can upgrade on Hunt.

Keep those two and add Tammy and we'd go up imo. 

Imagine...if only...

.........................Nicki......................

RB.........Kalas...........Webster....Jay

....................Pack/another...............

.....Brownhill.....................Pato........

.......................... Palmer...................

...............Reid................Tammy........

🙏🙏🙏

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

These are the type of players we need to keep hold of, if we are to target improvement on this season and possible promotion.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

If we can keep him and DaSilva...with Webster, we have the makings of the best back four in the Championship if we can upgrade on Hunt.

Imagine...if only...

🙏🙏🙏

I'm afraid you spoilt your very good post by having Pack, Paterson and Palmer in midfield. We need better, more consistent performers than these if we are to make upward progress.

• Aubergine 1

51 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

He's usually first to come over and clap us most away games. 

Think he can get a move to a side with bigger wages personally. Wait and see shall we!

Agreed - I thought the same. To be honest, he's often first to come over at home games too.

4 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

He’s a gonner, far too good for us.

I’m not sure about far too good. He was badly taken apart against England - exactly sort of players he would be facing if we ever went up. 

But he is very good at this level obviously. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm afraid you spoilt your very good post by having Pack, Paterson and Palmer in midfield. We need better, more consistent performers than these if we are to make upward progress.

I'd prefer an upgrade over Pack tbh.

However...if we were to go for it, this is the mix of quality players we'd need to keep and try to sign imo.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, LeBleuRuge said:

He will be at Celtic next season. 

Surely he's more ambitious than That?  Surely he would want to play at a higher level than where he is presently?   😜

Just now, maxjak said:

Surely he's more ambitious than That?  Surely he would want to play at a higher level than where he is presently?   😜

You don’t even need the emoji....the Champ is a far better standard....the only draw of Celtic is European games...and that might be short-lived.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You don’t even need the emoji....the Champ is a far better standard....the only draw of Celtic is European games...and that might be short-lived.

Yep Gotta say that Celtic would do well to finish mid table in the Championship.......they'd be in shock at it's competitivness, seeing as they only play around 6 competitive games a season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, spudski said:

Imagine...if only...

🙏🙏🙏

Reid wanted to leave, why would we want him back? Need to look foward not backwards..... Same with Tammy really.... 

It'll just be his preference, does he want to go out on loan or settle down, whether with us or someone else. If he wants to move somewhere permanently though it can't hurt being the last club he was at and seemingly enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, CityBS15 said:

Reid took his opportunity to set himself up for life and get an opportunity to play in the Prem and play against the best...I don't blame him.

However...Reid and Tammy are exactly the type of players that suit our style of play imo...and the quality needed up front to go up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And he would certainly not be on more money.

It is a myth that The Bigit Brothers can afford big wages - they can’t.

Edited by ScottishRed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

The way Kalas came over today - he won’t be here next season.

Sorry but how would you know that? I was there too,  he was first over to the fans and all he did was clap? Maybe he just appreciates the support?

30 minutes ago, leadman said:

Wouldn't be suprised if semenyo was in on any deal between us and chelsea

Chelsea can't bring anyone in , can they? I could be wrong and someone could explain how this transfer embargo is going to work maybe.

Edited by AppyDAZE

7 minutes ago, Lez said:

I would much rather we sold wright and baker and then keep Kalas.

Amen to that... but will depend on the player himself, no doubt he will get other offers.

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Amen to that... but will depend on the player himself, no doubt he will get other offers.

I can see him going to a champions league club in Europe.....ala Hörður 

16 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Just can’t see us being able to afford his wage. Great player but maybe a step above what we can do wages wise at the moment. 

I don’t think he’s on *that* much. I think someone mentioned around 25k, we’re paying Baker 20k to sit on his broken arse. Shift the glass man and give Kalas 25k with a promotion pay rise. If we don’t push the boat out a little this summer we’ll just end up repeating ourselves 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Lots of ifs and buts.

The main one, if Chelsea want to sell him!!  They can afford to continue paying him £25k per week.  They can loan him to someone else.

Aren’t they restricted with the amount of loans they can make?

As he is 25 and nearing his peak I wouldn’t be surprised if they cashed in. 

If he wants to come here we have to try and get him, he’s class