IGNORED

Who is going to leave?

Lez

Obviously expecting a number of players to go in the summer. Who are we expecting to leave?

I'm assuming, O'Dowda, Baker, Taylor, Pisano......then perhaps the likes of Bailey Wright and Taylor Moore?

Who are people expecting yo leave? And who do you think we will look to cash in on?

Taylor will be gone - League 1 is his level. Sadly Kalas and COD too. Pisano obviously but no big loss. Not sure about Palmer - hasn't featured much so not sure he will want to gamble on staying with us for game time.

Baker is too injury prone so again will be gone I expect. Not really sure what the point of Watkins is so maybe he will be bombed out too. Fielding going?

Will leave us needing a keeper, 2 x CB, RB hopefully better than Hunt, 1 x CM (Pack upgrade), 1 x ACM (replace Palmer) and probably 2 x CF to help Fammy. Think the wings are OK.

I don't imagine the same turnover of first team players as last season, unless we include Kalas and Da Silva who will be very tough to hold onto.

Players that will be in demand that we'd ideally like to keep: Webster and Kelly (but both would leave for big money)

Players that are mutually beneficial to sell: COD

Players that we'd might like to sell, but are probably happy to stay: Baker, Taylor, Frankie, Watkins, Pisano.

Players that will get another season: Walsh, Eisa, Adelakun, Moore.

Moving on the fringe that aren't helping us progress will be key to opening the space for the quality additions we need and the pathway for the 2/3 knocking at the door. Minimum CB, RB, 2 CM and 2 CF coming in for me. You can see why 6/7 additions have been mentioned. Hopefully 7 is the LB JDS.

Depends on whether Dasilva decides to join, and whether Palmer and Kalas decide to stay or are offered contracts. If they do....I can see CoD, Watkins, Kelly, Semenyo, Taylor, Pisano, Hunt, Fielding, Pack, Famara leaving or as good assets being traded for better options for how we want to play next season. Just a hunch...

1 hour ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Given how poor in the final 3rd we have been I have a feeling that we will totally revamp our front line. Can see Taylor and Diedhou both going and replaced with two real quality strikers (assombalonga, vydra, etc)

I'm guessing this is what Lee meant by his "bold transfer plans" statement.

Sadly, SL when asked what Lee might have been hinting at, said something like,   Really? i'll have to ask him what he meant by that

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Sadly, SL when asked what Lee might have been hinting at, said something like,   Really? i'll have to ask him what he meant by that

Where did SL say that?

20 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I wouldn't expect SL to say anything else, keeping the clubs transfer plans close to his chest.

2 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I wouldn't expect SL to say anything else, keeping the clubs transfer plans close to his chest.

This is true, but begs the question why is Lee saying this in the first place?

The first bit of real friction, i reckon

People knock LJ but i reckon he was pissed off at not getting a striker in Jan. Well pissed off

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Don't know, maybe trying to put some pressure on SL or laying the foundations for their transfer discussions.

I'll just wait and see and let them get on with it.

Can’t see anyone willing to pay a transfer fee for Baker and then foot his wages considering his injury record for us. He will be here until his contract runs out no doubt. 

COD will be available for transfer as he has not signed a new contract. Seeing as we paid little for Taylor I expect we will just let him play out the last year of his deal as a squad player and review his situation at the end of next season. 

Wright equally could go but I think he will stay if we don’t sign Kalas, with Webster and Kelly being our starting centre backs and Bailey and Baker as backups.

Watkins will be regarded as a total misfire and will probably be sold for about a quarter of what we signed him for to league 1. Pisano will also be released I imagine as we will look for an upgrade. 

Can’t really understand the logic here of people mentioning Fam. Surely add other players to your team who can score double figure goals in a season alongside your top scorer rather than selling him? Not a chance in hell Fam will be near the exit door unless we get another Kodjia style bid. 

Eisa and Adelakun will be shipped out on loan deals I would imagine. As for Taylor Moore and Zac Vyner, now that is the true mystery! 

1 hour ago, Owl Visiting said:

We've released Gary Hooper, Marco Matias, George Boyd, David Jones, Daniel Pudil and Almen Abdi this evening, if any of those take your fancy?

The more I look at this little list, Owl the more i see you are taking the piss? :laugh:

Boyd looks good, but only cos he got nice hair and the girls fancy him but what's he done football-wise for how long?

Early predictions for this:

One of Fielding or Maenpaa

Pisano

Hopefully

Watkins

Reluctantly

O'Dowda but perhaps worth one last proper attempt to keep.

Ideas to gain funds for further strengthening

Baker

Diedhiou

Squad players who I'm unconvinced we should but who maybe sold to try and trade upwards

Wright

Taylor

Candidates for loans out for development

Morrell

Adelakun

Eisa

Loanees who may get better offers elsewhere

Kalas

Da Silva

Palmer

Latter (Palmer) maybe simply paper talk though.

31 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Can’t really understand the logic here of people mentioning Fam. Surely add other players to your team who can score double figure goals in a season alongside your top scorer rather than selling him? Not a chance in hell Fam will be near the exit door unless we get another Kodjia style bid. 

Indeed - and the fact that LJ favours him heavily means he won't be going anywhere. Amazed it is mentioned.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

The first bit of real friction, i reckon

People knock LJ but i reckon he was pissed off at not getting a striker in Jan. Well pissed off

Or, the deals are already agreed, just waiting till July to become official? I think LJ is too professional to publically fall out with SL , he would do that behind closed doors.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

The more I look at this little list, Owl the more i see you are taking the piss? :laugh:

Boyd looks good, but only cos he got nice hair and the girls fancy him but what's he done football-wise for how long?

He's been dreadful for us, scored a good goal a couple of weeks ago but nowhere near the player he used to be. Had a mini revival under Bruce but a big disappointment overall. 

Hooper would be good for anyone in this division, but his injury record is terrible recently, and he's expensive. A lot of Wednesday fans disappointed to see him go though. Rumours of him going to the MLS. 

Just hope Westwood signs his contract offer or there'll be a top keeper up for grabs. 

4 hours ago, Lez said:

Obviously expecting a number of players to go in the summer. Who are we expecting to leave?

I'm assuming, O'Dowda, Baker, Taylor, Pisano......then perhaps the likes of Bailey Wright and Taylor Moore?

Who are people expecting yo leave? And who do you think we will look to cash in on?

Marley watkins and Eisa if he doesnt fancy them

Archived